• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) Ukraine 0-4 England - Saturday 3rd July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We were told this was a ‘genuine toss up’, Ukraine favourites, England overrated and overconfident etc but it’s all gone quiet now 

As I said before England are far superior to Ukraine, we were clear favourites and this is an almost perfect performance. So much togetherness in this team, playing for each other, playing in a well drilled system with some world class players up front. Class 

Its coming home.

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

Kane starting to get in the mood now, hopefully a good sign for the SFs

Don’t know why anyone ever doubts him. Some of the comments in the Germany thread were absolutely embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Don’t know why anyone ever doubts him. Some of the comments in the Germany thread were absolutely embarrassing 

Some of the shouts I heard up to and including that game actually made me dislike football a bit, mainly because some fans are fucking morons. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Not really. Kane had been embarrassing up until then. You’re allowed to slate a player that’s looked absolutely awful. He has the luxury of being undroppable, so eventually a goal was going to come. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not sure about doubting him but he looked ridiculously unfit during the group stages and played badly (don’t know what that was about). His all round game has been much improved, specifically tonight, passing and finishing has been class.

That early goal in the 2nd half was the killer for Ukraine. It allowed England to have more space to attack. England have been clinical, the Ukrainians look tired and fatigued after their 120 minutes against Sweden. I think it's coming home.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Some of the shouts I heard up to and including that game actually made me dislike football a bit, mainly because some fans are fucking morons. 

Agreed - always the same at these tournaments though 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not really. Kane had been embarrassing up until then. You’re allowed to slate a player that’s looked absolutely awful. He has the luxury of being undroppable, so eventually a goal was going to come. 

Don't be daft. He's played well today which means he played well in all previous games he ever played in.

• The title was changed to (QF) Ukraine 0-4 England - Saturday 3rd July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived