• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) Ukraine 0-4 England - Saturday 3rd July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

1300 Scotland fans got coronavirus from one game. Boris should order England withdraw from the tournament before things get out of hand :ph34r:

That's why I thought it was a classy move from Germany to go out on purpose wo we don't endanger our fans any longer. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Storts said:

This topic is baffling. I feel some trolling from @Tommy though - he's playing the role well.

This England team are much better than Ukraine. @Cicero watching a completely different game too - after a shaky first ten minutes against the Germans we had that game so under control. Felt very comfortable from where I was sitting. 

And again, far and away from the original point I was making. 

49 minutes ago, Storts said:

This topic is baffling. I feel some trolling from @Tommy though - he's playing the role well.

This England team are much better than Ukraine. @Cicero watching a completely different game too - after a shaky first ten minutes against the Germans we had that game so under control. Felt very comfortable from where I was sitting. 

I wouldn't say that England are much better than Ukraine, no teams left at the quarter finals are much better than the opposition, at this stage, all the teams are strong and relatively closely matched. But I'd agree with you, that if you analyse the depth and the players that England have, then yeah, overall, they are better than Ukraine. I think player for player we have the best team left and if I had to choose a team to win the Euros, I'd choose England, purely from an objective point of view. We have a lot of extremely talented players and our players play in the best league in the world, week in, week out. Players of the calibre of Sancho are warming the bench for England, so yeah, of course there's plenty of quality in this England team. 

But having said that, I don't think our game against Germany was as easy as you seem to be intimating. Germany had 3 very dangerous chances where they could have scored, through Werner, Havertz and of course Muller. Yes, England had various scoring chances as well. I thought we were the better team and certainly deserved to go through. However, I don't think it was a straight forward win and there were moments where we were clearly under threat.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You hate England, Love Island and love pineapple on Pizza. Can’t believe I thought we were friends.

I don't hate England. I don't love pineapple Pizza, but I do dislike trash TV. 

Hearing Graeme Souness analysis of the tournament on ITV in the Switzerland vs Spain build up made me smile.

Yes Graeme.. England have 'only' beat Croatia 1-0, World Cup finalists from 2018. And 'only' beat Germany 2-0, the most successful European side in international tournament football. And 'only' beat Czech Republic 1-0. And didn't really seem overly psyched up for Scotland. They didn't mash a few 4 or 5 while conceding a few.

Mr Souness.. if the Germans , Italians, French or Spanish were in a Q-Final with that path, they'd be clinical, resilient & other good words.. and you do know it.

Can't help but feel it also explains so much as to why he never really did especially well as a manager of an English club side.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Hearing Graeme Souness analysis of the tournament on ITV in the Switzerland vs Spain build up made me smile.

Yes Graeme.. England have 'only' beat Croatia 1-0, World Cup finalists from 2018. And 'only' beat Germany 2-0, the most successful European side in international tournament football. And 'only' beat Czech Republic 1-0. And didn't really seem overly psyched up for Scotland. They didn't mash a few 4 or 5 while conceding a few.

Mr Souness.. if the Germans , Italians, French or Spanish were in a Q-Final with that path, they'd be clinical, resilient & other good words.. and you do know it.

Can't help but feel it also explains so much as to why he never really did especially well as a manager of an English club side.

I'm amazed he hasn't found a way to blame Pogba for any of England's shortcomings. 

He just comes across generally as a miserable, dour and boring individual.

39 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Both teams I backed today lost. You know what? IT'S COMING HOME, LADS!

I liked this... until I realised you're just trying to jinx us. And that's not very nice.

I'm sure if you look deep into your heart though, you will find that it is in fact coming home.

50 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m perplexed that Grealish has been getting the nod off the bench, but Sancho could come in from the start.

Lets be honest, England are spoilt for choice in the creative attacking department. Sancho, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sterling, Saka and Bellingham, most other countries would wet their pants if they had the luxury of all those creative players in their squad. Southgate has the comfort of giving them all game time at this tournament and resting some of them when he sees fit.

• The title was changed to (QF) Ukraine 0-4 England - Saturday 3rd July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived