talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) Italy (p) 1-1 Spain - Tuesday 6th July, 2021

football forum

For an 18 year old Pedri is something else. 

Tough game for the Italians this, best thing England and Denmark have going for them is these teams have been through three wars to get to the final. Will they be burnt out. 

Italy need to make a change, they can't figure out this Spanish side. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem for Italy is Spinazzola's runs have been key for them and they have missed those overlapping runs. They haven't quite attacked the width and created numbers whilst Insigne and Chiesa, two men that love to come in on their besr foot, have been kept in check.

Not a fan of him personally but Sergio Biscuits has shut down Veratti and co. I don't like him much but I respect his quality. Totally dominant.

A brilliant move by Luis Enrique to take Morata out, so much better movement up top, although Spain are still struggling to be ruthless.

Just now, McAzeem said:

How many shots Olmo has had so far !

Murphy on commentary said he's been very good, I'd however probably go as far as saying that Olmo's been the weak link so far, his poor decision-making has ruined some good build-up for Spain.

Not much happened but for me, it's still been great to watch from a tactical view, plus the added tension of a semi-final. 

Spain the better side and deserve to be ahead, but Simon seems a mistake in the making.  He got caught twice coming out for the ball and could have gifted Italy a goal. Spain's high line is also allowing Italy the opportunity to get behind their defense.   Still hoping a Spanish victory but the Italians do worry me.

Fucking hell, why do they go on about Euro 96 so fucking much? It was 25 years ago and we weren't even in the final. Pray to God that we win this tournament so this Euro 96 crap fades away.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Murphy on commentary said he's been very good, I'd however probably go as far as saying that Olmo's been the weak link so far, his poor decision-making has ruined some good build-up for Spain.

Not much happened but for me, it's still been great to watch from a tactical view, plus the added tension of a semi-final. 

To be fair to Murphy (ugh hate saying that) it was more in the sense of him coming deep to occupy the space that Jorginho usually would be in. But Jorginho is following Pedri around. 

It's been a good watch though as you say. Not quite pulsating but there's enough tension and intensity to keep it from being boring. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Keeper should have had that.

Glad it wasn't just me who thought he should have done better. Just happy to let it fly in to his side. 

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Morata's on to save the day for Spain. :ph34r:

Haha I was just thinking a chance will fall to him in stoppage time to rescue the game and he'll fuck it up big time 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived