• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Harry said:

Denmark have been an amazing surprise this tournament. England are stronger and definitely capable of beating them, but the potential for overconfidence worries me.

I dont think they will be over confident. I dont think southgate will allow it. Being in the semi final 3 years ago will help as well. If we play anything like we did last night we will have to much for Denmark. We just have to make sure we perform to our level on the day 

I think I am predicting an Italy vs England final.

I wouldn't discount Spain or Denmark, but if their opponents play to their maximum level, I think they win through.

Denmark's path has been so dramatic, unexpected & lovely in many ways.

But I can't help feeling this England side will have too much for them & allow them very minimal opportunities.

Having watched most minutes of most matches since Italia 90.. to finally see a side playing like they believe it's their turn is starting to sink in.. and feel quite nice!

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even if we lose, go on photoshop and inverse the flag colours and we’re in the final.

Best possible scenario for us in the semi finals tbh

To be frank, I think most of will be supporting Denmark if they knock us out anyway. 

This is going to be tough and I really think people need to be cautious of the fact they are on a roll themselves with three straight wins.

Also, lets not forget we played them twice in the Nations League drawing 0-0 there and losing 0-1 at home. We barely created anything on those two occasions playing 3 at the back.

As much as we like the draw, I think they won't mind it either, the pressure and expectancy is on us, they have nothing to lose.

I do feel 60k in at Wembley will lift us and the confidence running through the squad is only growing but it will be nervy. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets to us a bit and they are the first team we conceded against.

But...I think we will come through it. Not necessarily in 90mins though.

Denmark is playing with a lot of passion and pride, but England have players that can change a game.  Will not be straightforward but England will advance, Denmark may even score a goal , but England are a more talented team.

I think our form and defensive solidity will hold us in good stead but I dont think anyone should be expecting an easy win just because we beat Ukraine 4-0. Denmark aren’t dependent on Eriksen and are playing in honour of him.

Maehle has been causing problems all tournament down the left and their midfield are intelligent and are able to play incisive passes through to runners. Dolberg is a top goal scorer. This is probably the best team we will have played so far.

I do think we will win, the likes of Kane, Sterling, Grealish, Sancho etc are a level above Denmark’s forwards and they are all performing for us right now which alongside our defensive stability should create a good performance.

• Subscriber

I think these are better than Germany. Not individually perhaps but they are a better unit. This will be tough and we're going to be at our best.

But I think we'll deliver. I think we've got something about us.

Expecting a difficult game. We couldn't beat these in either of the nations league games. At Wembley we went down to 10 and got beaten by them.

We've got where we have on good management and excellent mentality. If we are to win this game the same needs to be the case. Right tactics, right mentality.

I will say that if Denmark do win that's a fantastic story after what happened to Eriksen.

At the end of the day everyone in the last 4 is there because they've got something about them.

10 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Expecting a difficult game. We couldn't beat these in either of the nations league games. At Wembley we went down to 10 and got beaten by them.

We've got where we have on good management and excellent mentality. If we are to win this game the same needs to be the case. Right tactics, right mentality.

I will say that if Denmark do win that's a fantastic story after what happened to Eriksen.

At the end of the day everyone in the last 4 is there because they've got something about them.

And cos they played all their group games at home... 

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived