• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Good evening to all the bad twats who wanted Southgate sacked earlier this year. 

I'll give you credit for sticking by him when you were getting 1-1ed by small nordic nations. 

Sadly the cure for this turned out to be extra time an the worlds biggest fanny taking a tumble. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

England win Saturday Mason Mount will have won a European trophy at youth level and at senior level, for both club and country. 

Natural winner. 

Been absolutely shite all tournament tbf. So anonymous 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'll give you credit for sticking by him when you were getting 1-1ed by small nordic nations. 

Sadly the cure for this turned out to be extra time an the worlds biggest fanny taking a tumble. 

You enjoy some Vegemite sandwiches with your bitter, Men at Work. 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're gonna need something stronger than Whiskey when Jorginho scores a penalty with 2 stutters and a chip in the 81st minute off an Immobile dive. 

Inject it my friend x

Love Gareth Southgate too, wanted him when Roy left and he's given me arguably the best memories I have in football - the man can have a statue outside every ground for me. What a time to be alive.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A quality English player at club level poor for the national side? Impossible. 

Yeah, it’s frustrating thought he’d be perfect for this team but he does have any impact on games at all 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s definitely become the player he was meant to be. It’s taken 6 years, an improved outlook and fatherhood, but he’s only gone and done it. Just hope he continues it for the next 6 years.

Absolutely, I think it’s only this tournament that I’ve realised just how good he’s become though. Complete full back 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, it’s frustrating thought he’d be perfect for this team but he does have any impact on games at all 

I did say Mount is most effective in a 433. Doesn’t have the productivity to play at CAM successfully.

Southgate playing him for his tactical discipline I’d imagine. Similar with Tuchel. 

Pre tournament England have never looked particularly great. The World Cup we were solid but struggled to manage big teams and got as far as we could.

Since then we’ve not seen a lot of consistency with performances, but Southgate has just managed this tournament to a tee. Best England manager of my lifetime, doesn’t play the greatest style of play but he’s done everything he can to negate the opposition and then created an environment for the likes of Sterling, Kane, Grealish etc to flourish when the space opens up.

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived