• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

They are so many reasons not to support England. Booing of the opposition national anthems, diving, defensive football, arrogance from pundits and media.

As a brazilian, I must admit that this is for me actually a reason to support England. 😂

Just now, MUFC said:

Just wondering, how come the ref never went to the VAR screen? Did he bottle it?

You only go to the screen if they tell you to from the booth. They decided there was nothing clear and obvious to overturn.

• Subscriber

England was the better team and deserved to go through, but nevertheless, it's a pity to see bad referee decisions essentially deciding the outcome of the match. Even more so when VAR is a thing. 

It was like watching the England Rugby Union side at times.

Kane & when he's on, Grealish, actively look for the clip. Get the line out / free kick that little further down.

I wasn't sure with the pen, but guess it was the guy leaning in, or maybe upper leg contact?

I would probably have felt somewhat cheated if that had been the other end.

4 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

This is the arrogance I am talking about. Goalkeepers are not part of the game? England had a chance to convince Schmeiichel early in his career but they were not interested.

Man says England had more shots on goal and it’s arrogant? Are you well?

I'm not too fussed about the bollocks penalty, because the other penalty shout was a legitimate penalty shout and VAR wasn't going to overturn it because it wasn't a "clear and obvious error."

Normally when it's me getting pissed off about referees, I'm told "these things even out over time" - so here's an instance where it evened out and we didn't have to wait very long to see it.

2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Yeah, I can't understand the people who try to make England at Wembley feel like Galatasaray (A)

(maybe a reference for the older posters)

We're supposed to be better than that.

There really is crowd banter & then just being an offensive, idiotic, offensive moron.

Just now, Reluctant Striker said:

Yeah, I can't understand the people who try to make England at Wembley feel like Galatasaray (A)

(maybe a reference for the older posters)

We're supposed to be better than that.

There really is crowd banter & then just being an offensive, idiotic, offensive moron.

I think whoever's going into the ground with a laser pointer should probably be banned for life.

It's one thing to be an idiot dickhead, it's another thing to do something that's got the potential to damage someone's eyes for the rest of their life.

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived