• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm not even a massive England fan, I'm more along for the ride than anything, but it is funny how upset people are getting about them having some success. 55 years since the last major final, it's not like dues haven't been paid.

Anyone can see that Italy and England have been the best and most consistent teams in the tournament. It's the right final, and may the best team win.

On over excited fans, the one thing to maybe try to bear in mind is that for some people, they simply live for England matches more than their clubs.

Not many club sides can genuinely try to win a cup, let alone a league. More so than ever over recent decades.

Gary Neville described him & Southgate as being opposites, on the club vs country stances.

After ITV showed a clip of Southgate (Villa) & Pearce (Forest) belting out the anthem before the Germany Euro 96 semi final. And Neville (Man United) & McManaman (Liverpool) looking like there was a bad smell wafting in from somewhere. Tony Adams was a big singer too.

If anyone questions the anthem itself, maybe try translating a few. The French one goes on about enemies blood soaking their fields. Italians anthem is about success being a slave of Rome. There are other quite similarly aggressively vibed ones. I'll stick with God Save the Queen compared to that kind of fighty, dominant stuff we're not supposed to go overboard with in any case.

12 minutes ago, shut up said:

People in this thread  very quiet about the stonewall Kane pen :ph34r:

Their FK was soft too

Kane was diving all over the place like he does in the league, he also risks serious injuries to other people when he falls over when players jump in the air causing them to fall on their back, which can lead to serious arm or back injury, he has done that a number of times. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, It's Coming Home! said:

Kane was diving all over the place like he does in the league, he also risks serious injuries to other people when he falls over when players jump in the air causing them to fall on their back, which can lead to serious arm or back injury, he has done that a number of times. 

Inject this right into me. Keep em coming 

I can't be bothered to read the thread in my moment of euphoria but I imagine Van Spanner and Devil Dick Salty are criticising England like some third rent Athletic pundit. If you can't embrace other people's happiness then you're in the wrong sport.

I dont know why BAME players sing the national anthem tbvf. Most of them are originally from the countries which the British colonized and then left them in hell. Them singing national anthem has nothing to do with the passion but rather trying to show that they are patriotic and scared of English media labelling them as not one of their own whereas when Italian players are singing the national anthem, they look very genuine. 

11 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

I dont know why BAME players sing the national anthem tbvf. Most of them are originally from the countries which the British colonized and then left them in hell. Them singing national anthem has nothing to do with the passion but rather trying to show that they are patriotic and scared of English media labelling them as not one of their own whereas when Italian players are singing the national anthem, they look very genuine. 

With the exception of Stirling, who the fuck are you even on about? Saka was born in Ealing ffs.

No way should that have been a penalty. I don't even see how you can claim it shouldn't have been overturned. Tommy Robinson was probably on VAR duty. It would've been a massive shame if the game was decided on that but thankfully we missed the penalty and then were able to score from open play.

26 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

How many Brazilians that were not only born in Brazil but also raised in Brazil are in the Italy squad? 3?

Singing the national anthem doesn't mean anything when it comes to the game and our anthem is shit anyway. Hope it gets changed to Wonderwall.

32 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

This is true but not only for England. I cringe seeing them French players singing an anthem that is arguably racist in nature.

They should do away with national anthems. They're useless. They have one use and that is to make people enlisted in the army feel better about their life choice.

Well well well. I don’t think that was a penalty but then again the one earlier in the match on Kane could’ve been.

Good to see the tournament host make the final. How many home games you lot had now?

Amongst the joy (and bitterness) on here, can we just acknowledge how well we kept the ball in the 2nd half of extra time?

Ok, only a little thing in the grand scheme of it but Denmark could not get the ball to manufacture a chance. And for as long as I've been watching England, I've never seen us eat the clock up and keep the ball for over 3 or 4 mins like that.

Usually it's panic stations, someone loses their head, or we shoot ourselves in the foot. Tonight, we got the winner and just killed the game.

Excellent game management and very well disciplined and intelligent.

P.S That may well have been a fortunate penalty but you know what, after years of bad luck, losing key players to injury at pivotal moments, and on the end of some terrible decisions, this is the first tournament we can say it's actually all going our way for a change.

It all seems to be falling in our favour in one tournament and if we win it as a result, it would make up for all those times we suffered some really shite calls.

Fingers crossed, we make the most of it now. It's an unbelievable chance.

27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

How many Brazilians that were not only born in Brazil but also raised in Brazil are in the Italy squad? 3?

Yes, 3. Jorginho, Emerson and Tolói. 

We're massive. The only nation in the world who might conquer South America and Europe in a single weekend. 😂

See, @McAzeem? Your boy Genghis might have spread his genes all over the place, but we're unbeatable. 😂

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived