talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yes, 3. Jorginho, Emerson and Tolói. 

We're massive. The only nation in the world who might conquer South America and Europe in a single weekend. 😂

See, @McAzeem? Your boy Genghis might have spread his genes all over the place, but we're unbeatable. 😂

Do these players acc have Italian ancestry or they just make it up to get to European clubs without any hassle?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a night.

Kane was fantastic and Sterling as well. The thing with Sterling is that his end-product isn't great at times but there's no doubt he can always be a threat and make things happen. I again was calling for him to be taken off this time for Sancho particularly when he got moved to the right but once again he was crucial in winning the penalty. I was thinking the same in the Germany game that Sterling should have been taken off but he ended up making the difference in that game as well. Can't believe nobody's mentioned Maguire as well, was a beast at the back. Hudson-Odoi needs to take a leaf out of Saka's book, the first thing Saka does is look to be positive on the ball, he's direct and proactive on the ball and that's exactly what Hudson-Odoi should be doing more of. 

As for the penalty, it wasn't one and probably a dive. Kane was diving all night as well. Hopefully, people know my views on refereeing decisions on here now and they are nearly always the same after every game, I don't tend to put much importance on them and it would have to be pretty extreme for me to do so. I just think normally in football, the teams involved have it in their hands, 90 minutes or sometimes more to win it and in most cases, you get what you put in. I say the same after every game even if they go against my team.

I am not against the national anthem and they should not be done with but some national anthems especially the ones of the former colonizers are so inherently racist. Like I am British Paki so I can talk about British national anthem which is, lets say, i don't know why it is what it is whereas the Pakistani national anthem is not something which racist undertones as it is usually about the country itself and its people whereas the British, Belgian and most of the other European national anthems have them glorifying the royal families and all that which does not make any sense, especially not in 2021.

14 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Do these players acc have Italian ancestry or they just make it up to get to European clubs without any hassle?

All 3 have italian ancestry.

There are millions of people who have italian ancestry in Brazil. 

Italy has a long tradition of using uruguayan, argentinian and brazilian-born players on their squads. 

This goes back to the Mussolini times. 

The 1934 squad, If I'm not wrong, had 5 south americans. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Been absolutely shite all tournament tbf. So anonymous 

Mount has been disappointing yeah, someone said it on here before (in the group stage, must have been after Scotland) that he was perhaps the best of a bad bunch and I agreed with that then. He has had some good moments and 'shite' is perhaps a tad harsh but yeah I have to agree he's been disappointing considering his performances for us last season. I remember thinking at the back end of last season, that he looked a bit tired, he's played a lot of football and also had the covid situation this tournament. Still, one game to go though.

One factor is that I don't particularly rate Rice's and Phillips' distribution, normally at Chelsea, Mount's constantly fed the ball, for England, it doesn't happen as much. I felt the same about Kane earlier on in the tournament as well, for Spurs, I swear he's always fed the ball, for England they don't find him as much, it's only really been the last few games where we've seen Kane finally getting on the ball which is one of the best parts of his game when he's coming deep and getting on the ball. England have got to get the ball to these players. For me, Rice and Phillips need to want the ball more and need to look to be braver and more progressive in possession. 

Kane is fantastic though mate. I love him and still think he goes underappreciated in this country. He is a bit of a diver though, this isn't to get one up on you mate (Chelsea and whatever), just saying what I see. If Mason did the same, I'd call him out on it as well. 

Both Foden & Mount have been underwhelming equally, especially given the lead up to the tournament was on them two from certain corners of social media. Although Mount could of had an assist tonight tbf to him. 

Proper Sheff Utd origins backbone to this team, what a performance from Walker! And Maguire really stepping up and showing his class.

1 hour ago, montybhopa said:

I dont know why BAME players sing the national anthem tbvf. Most of them are originally from the countries which the British colonized and then left them in hell. Them singing national anthem has nothing to do with the passion but rather trying to show that they are patriotic and scared of English media labelling them as not one of their own whereas when Italian players are singing the national anthem, they look very genuine. 

Wilfried Zaha's family origins are Ivorian but he grew up in Thornton Heath, Ebere Eze's family origins are from Nigeria but he grew up in Greenwich, those two men have given much more to the South London community than 99% of people born out of Croydon University Hospital ever will through charity work and there underlying passion to make Crystal Palace succeed as a football club. This whole rhetoric of "well where did he come from" is absolutely pathetic and has to stop. Its not 1941, its 2021, we are a multi cultural society and if you cannot embrace it then you need to look at your own insecurities and failures as a human.

As for the penalty. There were two occasions where a VAR referee in the Premier League would have given a penalty and it wasn't given. Its been well addressed how we got shafted in previous tournaments against Portugal and its swings and roundabouts. Stop being bitter. I'm sure your countries will rise to prominence again in the next five to ten years.

28 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wilfried Zaha's family origins are Ivorian but he grew up in Thornton Heath, Ebere Eze's family origins are from Nigeria but he grew up in Greenwich, those two men have given much more to the South London community than 99% of people born out of Croydon University Hospital ever will through charity work and there underlying passion to make Crystal Palace succeed as a football club. This whole rhetoric of "well where did he come from" is absolutely pathetic and has to stop. Its not 1941, its 2021, we are a multi cultural society and if you cannot embrace it then you need to look at your own insecurities and failures as a human.

Once again you are not getting the point. 

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

Once again you are not getting the point. 

Not really, you are suggesting that no black person should ever be grateful for the livelihood and opportunities presented to them in the United Kingdom based on historic incidents that nobody alive today contributed too. Not only are these people grateful for it, but they give back far more than any of us on this forum ever will. Your thinking is stuck in the 40s.

• Subscriber

Yeah thats never a penalty in a million years. Is what it is, as Luke said my takeaway was Kane and Sterling where diving all over the pitch, it did eventually pay off unfortunately for the Danes. On the run of play hard to argue as basically from the 70th min forward England was all over them with the Danes just trying to cling on.  Hard way to lose it still in the end.

40 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah thats never a penalty in a million years. Is what it is, as Luke said my takeaway was Kane and Sterling where diving all over the pitch, it did eventually pay off unfortunately for the Danes. On the run of play hard to argue as basically from the 70th min forward England was all over them with the Danes just trying to cling on.  Hard way to lose it still in the end.

He barged him over with his hip, watch it again 

45 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

There was contact, it may have been minimal , but in today's game, the players feel contact and they go down.  That unfortunately is the modern game.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I think Schmichel will suffer a few boos in the season ahead for his flippant comment about  football coming ho e.

If England win it all I guarantee opposition fans will start singing the song every time Leicester are down in a game. TBF to him, he was joking and the question from the journo was designed to illicit a stupid response which they got. The rest is just history.

It would have been haunting if this game went to pens as Denmark managed 1 shot in the 2nd half and 1 shot in extra time. 

Most nervy game I've probably ever had in my life. Everytime Denmark got the ball I felt like I was going to vomit. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. The celebration for Kane's goal was so much I went light headed and had to sit down.

Thought the occasion also looked too much for some early on but eventually everyone settled except Pickford. He was an absolute wreck throughout. 

I don't have a great deal of confidence for the final but anything can happen on the day. 

7 hours ago, montybhopa said:

He is originally from Nigeria and the same country was colonized by the British.

No he’s not. He’s originally from Ealing. Because he was born there. You should probably stop making things up.

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived