The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Two keepers and no striker on the bench again. Can't get my head around it.

You have to have two keepers on the bench. People need to stop using this as an argument. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is that a rule? First I've heard of it.

Yes been a rule all tournament. 

I think DCL should be there also but then again are you really taking Kane off for him in a semi unless he’s injured? No

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think DCL should be there also but then again are you really taking Kane off for him in a semi unless he’s injured? No

I didn't know it was a rule. Which is why I've been totally bemused that Southgate has apparently thought twice that he needs two goalkeepers to cover for Pickford but only Rashford as cover for Kane. Now it makes sense more. If England end up behind though and Denmark are sitting deep and soaking up pressure, it's not exactly going to look very clever having Calvert-Lewin sat in the stands either. I think there are more scenarios where you're likely to put him on than say, both James and Trippier, but you've got to leave someone out.

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

I still think it's a good idea to have a backup just in case Kane does get injured, so we still have a striker to use for the remainder of the semi final - which I'd imagine would give us the best chance of still making it through to the final in the event of something very bad happening to our best player & captain?

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

As long as England remember to practise their zonal Marxing before kick-off, I'm sure they'll manage to get the win.

Should've started Marxist Rashford and they'd defo go through

I am not too critical of the England starting line-up, I mean we can potentially make 6 substitutions, so Southgate has loads of choices to change things up if he sees fit. England should win, Denmark are a fit team who will defend in numbers and look to counter attack to hit England on the break. But it's up to the England lads to take the chances that they create and there will be chances. I am feeling pretty confident, whilst still giving the Danes the respect they deserve. :coffee::England:

England should win, infact I would be surprised if it isn't 2-0 but it'd be typical Denmark to win a tournament when their best player had a heart attack, just like how they won a tournament they didn't even qualify for.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I didn't know it was a rule. Which is why I've been totally bemused that Southgate has apparently thought twice that he needs two goalkeepers to cover for Pickford but only Rashford as cover for Kane. Now it makes sense more. If England end up behind though and Denmark are sitting deep and soaking up pressure, it's not exactly going to look very clever having Calvert-Lewin sat in the stands either. I think there are more scenarios where you're likely to put him on than say, both James and Trippier, but you've got to leave someone out.

I agree with you, I’d much rather have him as an option 

27 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Nerves getting serious. These are the moments in football you live for. These experiences. Getting fuck all at club level so good to be here.

Jez Orbell: I’m trying to keep myself calm by watching an episode of Gardeners World with my wife - I still don’t think I’ve had such stress while watching someone put compost into a pot

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Why do these fucking Neanderthal arse biscuits in attendance always boo national anthems? Fucking helmets.

Hahahaha it's brilliant, nice and loud boos as it should be.

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived