• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - British GP - 16-18th July

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Really not a fan of this F1 sprint thing. 

I find it a bit pointless. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with the normal current qualifying format. 

If it ain't broke....etc...

• The title was changed to F1 2021 - British GP - 16-18th July

What worries me from a safety point of view is that the start is always the most dangerous part, with all the cars so close together, going through corners side by side etc. And now they'll do it twice. Not good for my heart rate, that's for sure. 

Silly format, and odd to be performed at such an iconic setting like Silverstone. They should give this a 'whirl' at Jeddah or some other track, but don't mess with the classics. 

It'll be interesting how Hamilton does here, seeing as how he has completely dominated this track. I'd be over the moon is Lando was able to pull out the win though. Unlikely, yes, but damn that would be just incredible to watch. 

• Subscriber

Took a punt in predictions on Hamilton pulling something out in the sprint qualifying and starting Sunday on pole but looks like Verstappen is in a good position for the race.

Given Mercedes setup problems at other races it feels like Friday qualifying isn't going to play into their hands much.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Took a punt in predictions on Hamilton pulling something out in the sprint qualifying and starting Sunday on pole but looks like Verstappen is in a good position for the race.

Given Mercedes setup problems at other races it feels like Friday qualifying isn't going to play into their hands much.

I actually can't join the league this year as it says in my profile that I have joined, but each week I have been getting 0 points despite picking a team and doing all the predictions. Frustrating really but oh well. 

Regardless, if these recent updates for Mercedes don't pan out and bridge the gap, then Hamilton and Mercedes will both be falling from the top spot come year's end. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived