talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - British GP - 16-18th July

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Nice of Lewis to let Max win a few races for the good of the sport, before winning here in Silverstone for normal service to be resumed.

RB are going to wipe the floor with Mercedes in Hungary, the track suit them down to the ground. This is coming from a huge fan of Lewis and his abs. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, MUFC said:

No doubt Lewis has made mistakes this season and Max has been quite flawless. But Lewis has had some has bad luck which was out of his hands. He looked nail on to win in both Baku and France but his pit-stops messed him up, so he's had bad luck along with his mistakes. 

This is not my recollection of either of those races.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

What’s he supposed to do? Win the race and say no thanks. My title rival crashed during a 50/50 duel? Man up.

Like I said earlier. 50/50 duel. You end up getting checks in hospital, your rival ends up winning the Grand Prix. The world isn't particularly fair through Verstappen's eyes this evening. I'd like to see anyone else analyse things objectively in his position. Perhaps best not to put this sort of thing out on social media in the heat of the moment, admittedly. It's to Red Bull's benefit though. This is the equivalent of when football managers try to control the narrative and put pressure on the officials in future situations. It'll work as well. Next marginal call on Red Bull or Hamilton the stewards will have these comments ringing in their ears.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

In all seriousness it’s what we want. Let them both be annoyed and aggressive.

48 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

His fans may have to change their lady parts. Boring when the goat wins.

It's like a broken record with some Lewis lovers. 

Any sport is boring when the same person/team win over and over and over again. Think of Football and Ligue 1 and Sere A. It's boring without any drama or real competition. 

It's not boring because it's Lewis, it's boring when it's the same person over and over again. 

And referring to 'change' their lady parts is quite a statement considering if the roles had been reserved, Lewis fans would be up in arms over it, and this being after a number of English fans were quite babies about a tug during a match and then really showed their asses with social media comments talking referring to race and missed penalties. Lastly, referring to weak people as ladies is about as trash as it could be nowadays. I hope you don't have a daughter and still say shit like that. 

39 minutes ago, Storts said:

God what a little bitch Max. very much showing his age and immaturity there. Give it out but can’t take it. 

It was a dangerous wreck, and he was in the lead, so I'm not sure how he is being a 'little bitch'. Every F1 driver dishes it out, and then gets all pissed when they wreck. I've been watching F1 for 3 years and even I know it. 

Jesus if you don't think Max can't 'take' it but Hamilton can, then you are about as delusional as they come. I'm not going to say he's worse than others, but he complains and argues just as much as the rest of them. 

• Subscriber

There really are no sides to pick with this one. They were both pushing to the limits and they've both chatted absolute shite after the race blaming each other. We should just enjoy the drama really because if you try to point out hypocrisy in F1, good luck to you because they all have their moments and are generally all as bad as each other. In a fair world they both would have ended up out of the race. 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There really are no sides to pick with this one. They were both pushing to the limits and they've both chatted absolute shite after the race blaming each other. We should just enjoy the drama really because if you try to point out hypocrisy in F1, good luck to you because they all have their moments and are generally all as bad as each other. In a fair world they both would have ended up out of the race. 

Yeah, certainly the most fair result would be for them both to be racing, or not. Having one without the other is just rather boring. 

My sister got into F1 last year and he's a massive Lewis fan, and she texted me how great the race was...I didn't want to appear sour, but I wanted to ask her if she really though Lewis was going to do anything but win that race. Yeah he only led a lap, but I felt like we all saw that coming with 10-15 laps remaining. 

Frustrating in F1 that you have 2 drivers battling it out, and if either of them go out, then it's like a bunch of average guys and then an elite. But oh well. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah, certainly the most fair result would be for them both to be racing, or not. Having one without the other is just rather boring. 

My sister got into F1 last year and he's a massive Lewis fan, and she texted me how great the race was...I didn't want to appear sour, but I wanted to ask her if she really though Lewis was going to do anything but win that race. Yeah he only led a lap, but I felt like we all saw that coming with 10-15 laps remaining. 

Frustrating in F1 that you have 2 drivers battling it out, and if either of them go out, then it's like a bunch of average guys and then an elite. But oh well. 

o.O

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The crash from this angle is scary.

yeah - that is what we all saw live. There was a point where I feared he was about to tip, but luckily that didn't happen. 

The camera angles nowadays really give us an idea of just how fast these guys are going and the force with which they hit. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived