3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Happy now, everyone? ¬¬

Max appears to be healthy, so yes. 

That was the most important part. 

Marko wants Lewis suspended for a race. xD

• Subscriber
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Happy now, everyone? ¬¬

No, because he'll still win the race or at least get on the podium, whereas Verstappen's race is over. Massive implications for the championship. 

In my opinion, both were too aggressive on the opening lap, but Lewis missed the apex there, got too much understeer and clipped Max, who left enough space. So predominantly Lewis's fault. I don't think misjudging the corner entry qualifies as a racing incident.

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

No, because he'll still win the race or at least get on the podium, whereas Verstappen's race is over. Massive implications for the championship. 

In my opinion, both were too aggressive on the opening lap, but Lewis missed the apex there, got too much understeer and clipped Max, who left enough space. So predominantly Lewis's fault. I don't think misjudging the corner entry qualifies as a racing incident.

I agree both were aggressive. It’s not just me being bias towards Lewis. I’m against all racing incident penalties. And I genuinely would be saying the same the other way round. It was bloody exciting whilst it lasted and I hope we see more of the same going forward.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Max appears to be healthy, so yes. 

That was the most important part. 

Marko wants Lewis suspended for a race. xD

xD I understand him saying that, it’s a championship changing incident. Just as Lewis crashing out after Max earlier in the season was. I agree Max being healthy is the most important part, of course.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

I agree both were aggressive. It’s not just me being bias towards Lewis. I’m against all racing incident penalties. And I genuinely would be saying the same the other way round. It was bloody exciting whilst it lasted and I hope we see more of the same going forward.

Me too, just hopefully without crashing xD

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah - but it's Silverstone and I just didn't expect them to be too harsh to him at Silverstone.

10 Seconds is better than nothing, I guess. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - but it's Silverstone and I just didn't expect them to be too harsh to him at Silverstone.

10 Seconds is better than nothing, I guess. 

I mean, I don't think the penalty should have been more severe. He made a mistake, but it was not some massively dangerous or a premeditated move, so while it's unfortunate for Max, that's just what happens sometimes...

What I don't like is that the teams are allowed to work on the car during the red flag. Should be parc ferme by default, imo.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean, I don't think the penalty should have been more severe. He made a mistake, but it was not some massively dangerous or a premeditated move, so while it's unfortunate for Max, that's just what happens sometimes...

What I don't like is that the teams are allowed to work on the car during the red flag. Should be parc ferme by default, imo.

yeah - I don't like that they can work on the car. Gives them a free pit which is rather shit, or lucky if you're Hamilton and have some damage. 

• Subscriber

Looks good for Leclerc now. I just have a horrible feeling Ferrari are going to fuck it up but hopefully they've just got it out of their system with that Sainz stop.

Lot of mechanics feeling the heat down there today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived