talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - British GP - 16-18th July

1 minute ago, Eco said:

yeah - that is what we all saw live. There was a point where I feared he was about to tip, but luckily that didn't happen. 

The camera angles nowadays really give us an idea of just how fast these guys are going and the force with which they hit. 

In UK, we saw it from live from Lewis side of the car, but that video shows it more from Max's side.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

In UK, we saw it from live from Lewis side of the car, but that video shows it more from Max's side.

Really? I assumed we all had the same angel since it's Sky/ESPN. 

Yeah, that is what scared me when I saw it, even re-watching it, there is a brief moment where the car's momentum makes it appear as if he's on the verge of flipping. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

So many F1 fans saying we want hard wheel to wheel racing. When we get it, some are acting like binary snowflakes.

I'm not sure about others, but after Grosjean last year, I care more about safety than 'hard wheel' racing. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

So many F1 fans saying we want hard wheel to wheel racing. When we get it, some are acting like binary snowflakes.

The hard racing is fine, it's the reactions of the fanboys/girls from both sides that are annoying. One side can't accept that their favourite driver can also make mistakes and misjudge the situation, the other side immediately cries foul and comes out with accusations of attempted murder, and then the rest of us have to read through pages of that shite on social media 🤷🏻

I absolutely understand the emotions from the drivers and teams involved though; in fact, I love it. If you are a professional racing driver and have a massive shunt at high speed while battling for championship, of course you are going be furious. Who wouldn't be? Remember Schumi running to McLaren garage to punch Coulthard in Spa? Or Piquet actually punching and kicking Salazar? Senna getting into a bust up with Mansell? xD good times.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

The hard racing is fine, it's the reactions of the fanboys/girls from both sides that are annoying. One side can't accept that their favourite driver can also make mistakes and misjudge the situation, the other side immediately cries foul and comes out with accusations of attempted murder, and then the rest of us have to read through pages of that shite on social media 🤷🏻

I absolutely understand the emotions from the drivers and teams involved though; in fact, I love it. If you are a professional racing driver and have a massive shunt at high speed while battling for championship, of course you are going be furious. Who wouldn't be? Remember Schumi running to McLaren garage to punch Coulthard in Spa? Or Piquet actually punching and kicking Salazar? Senna getting into a bust up with Mansell? xD good times.

I do remember a few years ago a Nascar driver getting pissed and waiting for his nemesis to drive by and decided to throw a helmet at him, as if it would hurt the driver in a car. 

xD

Here you go - 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

I generally stopped reading F1 message forums round a year ago. Between the good posters you have tge usual muppets posting the same repetitive crap.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Mansell said Senna punches like a girl 🤣

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Most important news of the day. Won't even comment on some of that stupid stuff said in here. 

Unbenannt.png

You have to wonder who in the hell he didn't have at least a concussion. But I'm glad he's okay. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Of course you have the racist morons about. They're desperate for attention because they have nothing else going on in their life. I mean I don't either, but at least I'm not a racist moron. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Eco said:

You have to wonder who in the hell he didn't have at least a concussion. But I'm glad he's okay. 

Yeah, over 50G is not a joke... Glad he's alright.

David Purley was involved in a crash and survived almost 180G impact :o l remember reading about what he went through and it was horrific.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, over 50G is not a joke... Glad he's alright.

David Purley was involved in a crash and survived almost 180G impact :o l remember reading about what he went through and it was horrific.

Yeah - I know it's physics and angles but seeing an accident like today and Max having no injuries, and then seeing Grosjean's car rip in two last year, it just really shows the amount of force these cars can, and can't take. 

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

This surely isn't really Seb is it? 

That is definitely him. Haha, that man is amazing. He's a man of his word. I already liked him when he always stayed late to help the team clean up etc. Now he's building bee hotels and cleaning up rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That is definitely him. Haha, that man is amazing. He's a man of his word. I already liked him when he always stayed late to help the team clean up etc. Now he's building bee hotels and cleaning up rubbish. 

That is just great to see. He's clearly not doing it for press, as this is a fans phone camera, but this is just great. 

I am reading about how he supports the 'green party' in Germany, and has been a big advocate of cleaning up and waste management. Good for him

1 minute ago, Eco said:

That is just great to see. He's clearly not doing it for press, as this is a fans phone camera, but this is just great. 

I am reading about how he supports the 'green party' in Germany, and has been a big advocate of cleaning up and waste management. Good for him

Yea, the whole supporting the green party made a lot of people angry here, as the greens are still a big red flag for many people. But Seb really seems to care. He's also into farming, and apparently transformed his house into being totaly eco friendly etc. 

And here's the bee hotel he built together with a class from an Austrian Elementary school in Spielberg:

Just now, Tommy said:

Yea, the whole supporting the green party made a lot of people angry here, as the greens are still a big red flag for many people. But Seb really seems to care. He's also into farming, and apparently transformed his house into being totaly eco friendly etc. 

And here's the bee hotel he built together with a class from an Austrian Elementary school in Spielberg:

What is there to hate the Green Party for? Here it's seen as a bunch of pot smoking, tree hugging, hippies, but does anyone really hate the hippies? Not really...

I really wish I could have seen Seb when he was winning WC's. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

What is there to hate the Green Party for? Here it's seen as a bunch of pot smoking, tree hugging, hippies, but does anyone really hate the hippies? Not really...

I really wish I could have seen Seb when he was winning WC's. 

As for many politicians, they have a lot of hypocrits among them. Also Germany loves their cars and Autobahns. So yea... but I don't think they are as bad as many old fashioned people make them out to be. 

As for the last paragraph. One of my favourite F1 videos of all time:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

As for many politicians, they have a lot of hypocrits among them. Also Germany loves their cars and Autobahns. So yea... but I don't think they are as bad as many old fashioned people make them out to be. 

I think when it comes to that shitstorm against Seb, it was also at least partially down to what some people perceived as hipocrisy - someone who makes a living driving powerful racing cars while flying around the world every week or two is advocating for a party which plans to raise taxes for environmental reasons that won't affect him because he's living in a tax exile in Switzerland doesn't go down well with some...

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As for the last paragraph. One of my favourite F1 videos of all time:

Wow - I bet Alonso fans absolutely hate Michael Schumacher. But I couldn't imagine the drama of that race. 

The Christian Horner is longest standing Team Principal of all time? Man has been there a long time. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I think when it comes to that shitstorm against Seb, it was also at least partially down to what some people perceived as hipocrisy - someone who makes a living driving powerful racing cars while flying around the world every week or two is advocating for a party which plans to raise taxes for environmental reasons that won't affect him because he's living in a tax exile in Switzerland doesn't go down well with some...

Certainly that plays a part, but isn't Lewis also very outspoken about Global Warming and such? I'm not sure if that's why he's Vegan, but if so, certainly that could be seen as also very hypocritical. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived