talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Terrorist Attack at London Bridge & Borough Market

football forum

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sorry mate but all you're saying is that you don't know what the solution is. There's hardly anything they can actually do.

They could work on the oratory skills for a start. Coming across as cold and robotic isn't the best when you're supposed to be 'leaders'. Also, it's a worrying statement when someone says hardly anything they can do. If actual leaders aren't expected to do anything, what can any of us do? What can ANYONE do if you can't rely on a leader?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Mate!  He went there to make a deal with them...  He pulled down his pants, showed his orange bottom and they poked him with their piece.  The only difference between them (the US) and Britain is that we took the whole billion pound length into our arse.  The whole reason behind why most people voted out of the EU and then we go to bed like a cheap bar whore with the worst of the lot.  They must be laughing their heads off and really believe we are a piece of utter shit.

Just now, Cannabis said:

The PM saying the attacks "aren't linked" is one of the most retarded things I've heard. Granted the attackers might not have known each other but they are from the same cell.

Yea you might get some lone rangers who are loners and radicalised online or through themselves due to personal problem.   This attack yesterday was well planned and had all the hallmarks of jihad.  The reasons why they are using vans, cars and knives, as guns and explosive materials are traced And easily foiled in most cases by authorities.   The driving into crowds has been around for years in the middle east and parts of Asia.  Its just that we are now seeing it in Europe.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What can ANYONE do if you can't rely on a leader?

Not just a leader...  A bloody government made up of so many people.  It's all bullshit and we're the ones who get it spoon fed.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Sorry mate but all you're saying is that you don't know what the solution is. There's hardly anything they can actually do. This isn't someone carrying a bomb into a stadium or onto a plane, this is some guys picking up some kitchen knives and getting in a van. How do you stop that?

Danny made some valid points on the previous page.

You lot aren't going to solve this in a jiffy. If anything, you are going to suffer for at least the next 5-6 years. You could, however, start by changing few things.

1) Stop bringing in more people from certain regions. Refuse re-entry to British Muslim citizens who travel there, unless they have gone there on legitimate work, like medical aid, army, construction, etc, after seeking govt permission.

2) Urge them (if needed order) them to assimilate in YOUR culture and way of life, instead of making changes in yours, because it's PC. 

3) Don't allow parallel justice systems to run, like Sharia courts.

4) Ban Wahhabi and Deobandi preachers from entering your country. Look at the bank accounts of mosques, and stop money from known problematic sources.

5)Start calling the problem by it's name. If your first instinct after a terrorist attack is to protect Islam, then you are never going to win. It's okay to criticise an idea/ religion.

We had similar problem in 90s and last decade, where terrorist attacks were a norm. It's been substantially reduced now, because of stringent measures and giving more power to antiterrorism units. Of course we aren't 100 percent safe, but in a better shape than the past.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

They could work on the oratory skills for a start. Coming across as cold and robotic isn't the best when you're supposed to be 'leaders'. Also, it's a worrying statement when someone says hardly anything they can do. If actual leaders aren't expected to do anything, what can any of us do? What can ANYONE do if you can't rely on a leader?

I can't stand Theresa May but there's not much she can do to prevent terrorism.

Fair enough criticise her for a lack of leadership or charisma and not inspiring people to feel safe, I agree with that but people sitting their whinging about how they should be doing something about it without actually being able to suggest a half-sensible solution is irritating. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough criticise her for a lack of leadership or charisma and not inspiring people to feel safe, I agree with that but people sitting their whinging about how they should be doing something about it without actually being able to suggest a half-sensible solution is irritating. 

But why is everyday Joe on a forum expected to come up with a solution? I'm not paid £100k plus a year to chair COBRA meetings.........

Governments search for solutions and turn them into policies...  Part of their job is working toward the future and not just the present.  This is taking a whole different direction though and it's not the theme of the thread.

The worst thing she's actually done in this particular atrocity is make a campaign comment.

Go to ask questions also why are people from war divided places are travelling miles to come to Europe and cross through safe Muslim countries. Our goverments let them in with no questions asked. Someone is clearly getting something out of it.

1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

But that is the problem of the EU, those people carried out those attacks have been given passports from certain EU countries. Freedom of movement clearly doesnt work also.  

Also the youths from certain backgrounds mostly Moroccan as we know in Ned and Bel are mostly part of these organisations, you had the Hofstad network which now you have the network in Molenbeek from failed societies. 

If memory serves me correct, one of the terrorists of the Paris attack came back from Syria as a refugee and had no passport, so it's a bigger problem than just Schengen. Although I am also in favour of abolishing the EU in its entirety.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

But why is everyday Joe on a forum expected to come up with a solution? I'm not paid £100k plus a year to chair COBRA meetings.........

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Governments search for solutions and turn them into policies...  Part of their job is working toward the future and not just the present.  This is taking a whole different direction though and it's not the theme of the thread.

The worst thing she's actually done in this particular atrocity is make a campaign comment.

I'm not expecting people to come up with a solution, I certainly have no idea how to fix this, but some people are going on as if it's some easy job and as if it's totally outrageous that the government haven't sorted this out whilst openly admitting that they have no idea what the solution is. 

This is indeed beside the point though and it's the last I'll say on the matter.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Immigration isn't a terrorism issue in the UK to date.  But if you want to stop something "before it happens" then by all means support a stop to immigration.  Put it this way, I'm not desensitised to the attoricites that are occurring and if you could only see my face and reaction to when they happen, you'd would understand that.  But I'm not about to put blame on people that have nothing to do with what's occurred and I'm not about to fall into a trap of going ballistic about people from other cultures coming to this or any other country as that's a whole different argument for me and a different debate.  This is about terrorism and who done it!

You should be going mental about Britain bending over, opening its anus and saying to Saudi Arabia...  Stick your cock in my hole because I'm your whore or whatever you want me to be for your money.  Wahabbiism is actually a very big problem within Islam and Wahhabi states are the big issue on terrorism.

Immigration is a factor because the constant influx from abroad into these areas is helping to counter natural assimilation. About half of the Muslims in the U.K aren't born here, they've probably been brought up in Islamic countries where aspects of Sharia are commonplace. They're not going to argue against what they know like ones who've been here years are. Coupled with the state sponsored jihad that is from Saudi finacing radicalisation in Mosques, schools & universities, any progressive Muslim doesn't stand a chance. We need to stop incoming traffic, break up and sort out what's here otherwise the number will go up as will the atrocities and it will come to a violent head. 

People just zone out when I bring up Islamic history but this is pretty much how it's been spread globally. It's crude but they're like a hive minded species, a bit like the Borg out of Star Trek. 

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Saudi Arabia are our enemy, the only country in the world which aims to directly harm our citizens. Verminous country.

We agree here massively. 

1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

But London even has a Muslim Mayor now,  like also Birmingham, it shows you that places are changing, not a big deal to some but you have wonder what will the future be.

50 years time Eastern Europe will be the only countries that resemble Europe. Google what's happening in Palermo that's the future mate depressing. 

58 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

To be fair, you could have typed that Real Madrid chanted into a home shirt. Well, these mistakes do happen........

I don't get that mate way over my head. 

Also on our our political leaders, Mays response is more Internet regulation fantastic stupid bitch. 

Corbyns record speaks for itself

IMG_2764.JPG

• Subscriber

Be good if we could leave the implied racism to one side and remember that you need to direct your anger at the individuals who actually committed the act and the people that work with them and support them, rather than at our own government and each other and the countless Muslims that remain innocent. 

Be good if we could leave the implied racism to one side and remember that you need to direct your anger at the individuals who actually committed the act and the people that work with them and support them, rather than at our own government and each other and the countless Muslims that remain innocent. 

Muslim is not a race..

5 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Stop allowing 3rd worlders to invade your country in mass numbers.

Start persecuting Muslim hate speech and anti establishment doctrine as conspiracy to promote and commit terrorist acts. Extradite where appropriate and imprison the rest for long terms. In non segregation prisons, with re education programs. Anyone caught committing, or planning terrorist act should be charged with high treason and killed.

When all radicals are back in the middle east, prison or dead, you will win your war on terrorism. Stop treading on egg shells in the name of being 'progressive' and start treading on fucking skulls instead.

I am very happy with the Australian Muslim community, and our strong immigration stance.I feel safe in my country. However if I were European I would be angry as fuck and scared, because at this stage it can happen to anyone anytime. If the government doesn't sort this shit out the people will eventually. There will be riots and race wars at this rate.

There is no justification for destroying your own civilization to keep out a few idiots, it would be rewarding terrorists for their actions and that cannot happen. Unless you can read into people's minds I don't see how closing the borders to everyone from third world countries can work, especially considering many of these terrorists are home grown. We are a rational Europe, not a Wilders kind of irrational hateful country. Fighting terrorism does not justify punishing innocent people.

Terrorists are already likely to get life sentences in many places. You're peobably joking but automatic death sentence for anyone involved in terrorism is ludicrous. It is up to a judge to decide a sentence and that is how it should be.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Sorry mate but all you're saying is that you don't know what the solution is. There's hardly anything they can actually do. This isn't someone carrying a bomb into a stadium or onto a plane, this is some guys picking up some kitchen knives and getting in a van. How do you stop that?

I can't remember the numbers but I saw something after the Manchester bombing, something like 2000 people employed by MI5, 3000 on the watch list and it takes 30 people to carry out surveillance on one person. How true those numbers are I don't know but if true it paints a picture.

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

I can't remember the numbers but I saw something after the Manchester bombing, something like 2000 people employed by MI5, 3000 on the watch list and it takes 30 people to carry out surveillance on one person. How true those numbers are I don't know but if true it paints a picture.

Not just MI5 every agent work together, but America do owe most of the surveillance in Britain. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Iranians just have a headscarf not the full ninja costume... and the ones I've met only do that IN Iran. When they're here they don't...

Fair enough I bet previous Iranian culture suffered since the 70's though 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

You mentioned racisim so it was, the race card gets thrown around so much and this is part of the problem.

In no way am I trying to play a race card. I'm just saying direct your anger at these terrorists but do it because they're terrorists not because they're Muslim or Asian or Middle Eastern or any other reason. 

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Immigration is a factor because the constant influx from abroad into these areas is helping to counter natural assimilation.

Immigration from abroad has always been immigration from abroad mate.  It's been happening since time began and like every country, its makes-up is one of many different cultures.  The fact Islam hasn't evolved or enjoyed a reformation of sorts is something else and that hinders integration.

It's up to the authorities to create some sort of system that helps integration like the US have been doing for decades.

3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

We had similar problem in 90s and last decade, where terrorist attacks were a norm. It's been substantially reduced now, because of stringent measures and giving more power to antiterrorism units. Of course we aren't 100 percent safe, but in a better shape than the past.

Have you seen this text on the attacks yesterday? https://quillette.com/2017/06/04/summer-night-london-2017/

It is written by an indian. I find this part really interesting: 

Colonialism doesn’t cause Islamist terrorism, otherwise Manila wouldn’t be under siege by ISIS.

After the dust settles, there will be a further cry for interventions in Middle East from the usual voices. 37th time the charm. The last time we ravaged the North African coastline standing between an ever-burning Middle East, and an impoverished continent and that hasn’t worked out well, to put it kindly. The other side will claim that the War on Terror has been a failure from the start. But we never had a War on Terror, we had war on tyrants. Tyrants who, by sheer force were battling terrorists for much longer than us.

Most of the terrorists in the West are second generation Westerners often from completely cocooned communities who are self-radicalised, and who have travelled and pledged allegiance to a foreign entity, foreign state and ideology. They did this because they could never identify with their nation of their birth. Because a healthy civic nationalism in Western countries is shunned by the ruling (borderless) elite. Humans need the identity of a tribe. A flag to wave. When they are refused one, they don’t suddenly turn non-tribal. They just choose another identity. Millions once chose the Red flag and pledged allegiance, millions now choose a Black flag. And Britain is now broken in either flying Union Jacks or the Flag of Europa.

The future of Europe is not bright. Thomas Hegghammer in his paper in 2016, pointed out four factors that has led to Europe being a battleground. There’s one single specific second generation migrant community who are expected to economically underperform, and therefore radicalise further. That will be aided by the growth in the number of available jihadi entrepreneurs, or in simpler terms, recruiters for Islamists, and Imams in ghettos and mosques funded by our Gulf partners in Terrorism who we just sold millions of dollars worth of arms to continue funding civil wars and destabilise Middle East even further. That will lead to persistent conflict in the Muslim world, and aided by our lack of penetration online.

You of course won’t see any mention of these in the media, because that would mean accepting hard politically incorrect facts. That would mean accepting that the “winning hearts and minds” strategy has failed.

Archived