talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Terrorist Attack at London Bridge & Borough Market

football forum

Just confirmed that one of the dead in the London Bridge/Borough Market terrorist attack is a Spaniard (Galician) Ignacio Echeverría who in an attempt to save a woman's life in a restaurant which was being attacked, got run through with a blade by one of the animals.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

An 8th person confirmed dead today after a body was found in the river.

44 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A woman has been stabbed this morning in Wanstead, East London/Essex borders for anyone interested, by three Asian women, who were allegedly reciting sections of the Quran and shouting "Allah will get you". 

Disturbing again. You have to wonder which one of these incidents will eventually result in major retaliation from the Western public.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Just confirmed that one of the dead in the London Bridge/Borough Market terrorist attack is a Spaniard (Galician) Ignacio Echeverría who in an attempt to save a woman's life in a restaurant which was being attacked, got run through with a blade by one of the animals.

A hero but still a travesty.

These people who confronted the lunatics and risked their own life to try and stop them hurting others deserve so much respect. 

cats7.jpg

Saudi Arabia fail to respect minute's silence in memory of the London Bridge/Borough Market victims

The Saudi Arabian football team were booed by Australian supporters after they failed to properly line up for a minute's silence in honour of the victims of the London Bridge terror attacks. 

Saudi Arabia were preparing to play Australia in a World Cup qualifier at the Adelaide Oval when the stadium announcer called for a minute's silence to begin.

The Australia team linked arms in a line on the centre circle while the Saudi Arabia team stood in random formation as the silence began.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-08-at-12-39-18-large

A number of Saudi Arabian players stand still without lining up on the halfway line

Screen-Shot-2017-06-08-at-12-39-03-large

Australia's players link arms during the minute's silence

Screen-Shot-2017-06-08-at-12-39-11-large

Australia's substitutes bench stand to observe the silence

A number of Saudi Arabian players stood still with their arms behind their back while others appeared to continue their warm up.

Reports suggest that the visitors' substitutes bench also failed to stand to observe the tribute.

The incident sparked outrage on social media with one user tweeting: "I hope Fifa call out Saudi Arabia on the clear lack of respect shown prior to kick-off. Not participating in the minute's silence is disgusting."

Eight people were killed when three men attacked pedestrians with knives on London Bridge and in roads around Borough Market.

The Socceroos beat Saudi Arabia 3-2 to keep touch with Japan at the top of their World Cup qualifying group. 

Do you reckon we can get even more money from this scum?

The Telegraph

I can't believe that worm mayor of London said that that terrorism is part of the parcel of living in a big city. Absolutely vile thing to say, Lomdon is a first world city, not some backwater sand trap caught inbetween two different faiths.

Also fuck Saudi Arabia, show a little human compassion ya oil sniffing paedophile worshipping freaks.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

I can't believe that worm mayor of London said that that terrorism is part of the parcel of living in a big city. Absolutely vile thing to say, Lomdon is a first world city, not some backwater sand trap caught inbetween two different faiths.

Also fuck Saudi Arabia, show a little human compassion ya oil sniffing paedophile worshipping freaks.

You've definitely taken his words out of context, he said the threat of a terror attack is part and parcel of living in a big city which if that was wrong London would not have been targeted by the IRA before the current wave of Muslim Extremists. New York wouldn't have been attacked, Paris wouldn't have, Manchester too.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

You've definitely taken his words out of context, he said the threat of a terror attack is part and parcel of living in a big city which if that was wrong London would not have been targeted by the IRA before the current wave of Muslim Extremists. New York wouldn't have been attacked, Paris wouldn't have, Manchester too.

That's true, but he's in politics and a large part of his job as a figure head for London is to understand his words.  Even the context is unnecessary because what is he trying to say?  We should live in fear?  Those words aren't called for and don't benefit absolutely anything.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's true, but he's in politics and a large part of his job as a figure head for London is to understand his words.  Even the context is unnecessary because what is he trying to say?  We should live in fear?  Those words aren't called for and don't benefit absolutely anything.

Unless you're living under a rock then his words shouldn't be news to you.

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Unless you're living under a rock then his words shouldn't be news to you.

It's not news as I live in London. But his words aren't newsworthy words anyhow...  they're meant to be informative and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence and not what I expect from the city's maximum figurehead. This has nothing to do with him being a Muslim... He's just incompetent when he speaks. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

How is terrorism a part and parcel of living in a big city if Mexico City, Tokyo, Beijing and other metro areas with a bigger population than London and Paris were never attacked? I get that holding an office like the mayor of London is no easy task, but his message is no different from that of any other government trying to cover up its mistakes. The population of London has every right to question the competence of the authorities to protect them, including and especially the police.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

cats7.jpg

Saudi Arabia fail to respect minute's silence in memory of the London Bridge/Borough Market victims

The Saudi Arabian football team were booed by Australian supporters after they failed to properly line up for a minute's silence in honour of the victims of the London Bridge terror attacks. 

Saudi Arabia were preparing to play Australia in a World Cup qualifier at the Adelaide Oval when the stadium announcer called for a minute's silence to begin.

The Australia team linked arms in a line on the centre circle while the Saudi Arabia team stood in random formation as the silence began.

How many teams paid respect to the victims of the attack in Iran yesterday?

2 minutes ago, Panflute said:

How many teams paid respect to the victims of the attack in Iran yesterday?

That isn't the point. If Australia was playing against Iran and the Iranian team had a minutes silence would the Australian players ignore it? Australia and England are very close nations.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

That isn't the point. If Australia was playing against Iran and the Iranian team had a minutes silence would the Australian players ignore it? Australia and England are very close nations.

Even though I would rank Saudi-Arabia among the top 3 worst nations on Earth, I can understand that it becomes a bit tiring to behold Western nations crying crocodile tears whenever a terror attack happens on their turf, yet they routinely ignore the victims of attacks in Russia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and pretty much anywhere that isn't the West (or, in the case of Iran, are even blamed of it being their own fault).

Disrespectful sure, and as said KSA is a despicable country, but I do think these moments of silence every 2 weeks are becoming rather pointless and vapid, and if for whatever reason people don't want to participate in that bullshit anymore I can fully understand that.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The cities I lived in haven't been attacked. Chicago, Atlanta, and Brisbane, all huge metros with populations over 3,000,000. Absolutely terribly worded that tries to divert and normalise London's issues. Imagine if Chicago's mayor came out and said 'Several dozen gang murders a day is part of the parcel of living in a large city'. It simply isn't true, it may be true for many cities but it just a diversion, to seduce people into thinking 'this is just how life is'.

6 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Even though I would rank Saudi-Arabia among the top 3 worst nations on Earth, I can understand that it becomes a bit tiring to behold Western nations crying crocodile tears whenever a terror attack happens on their turf, yet they routinely ignore the victims of attacks in Russia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and pretty much anywhere that isn't the West (or, in the case of Iran, are even blamed of it being their own fault).

Disrespectful sure, and as said KSA is a despicable country, but I do think these moments of silence every 2 weeks are becoming rather pointless and vapid, and if for whatever reason people don't want to participate in that bullshit anymore I can fully understand that.

It's a bloody minute. How difficult is it to stand still for a single minute even if it's just to save face? It isn't up to every nation to hold a moments silence for every incident, if the others feel so strongly about it they can hold a moments silence. They are upset enough not to participate but not bothered enough to hold their own? Hypocrisy. To stop these silences is to accept them as being completely normalised.

SA would expect the Australian players to observe their traditions, why not reciprocate?

Just now, Spike said:

It's a bloody minute. How difficult is it to stand still for a single minute even if it's just to save face? It isn't up to every nation to hold a moments silence for every incident, if the others feel so strongly about it they can hold a moments silence. They are upset enough not to participate but not bothered enough to hold their own? Hypocrisy. To stop these silences is to accept them as being completely normalised.

They are completely normalised. What is a minute of silence going to change? It's as pointless as politicians tweeting they "are shocked and apalled by the cowardly act of terror in [insert random city]". Western Europeans allow themselves to be routinely slaughtered and they will continue to do so, so why not cut out the middle man and just get the fuck on with it.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I would be more offended if Saudia-Arabia participated in that minute's silence because they are right at the centre of the rise of global terror.

Just now, Panflute said:

They are completely normalised. What is a minute of silence going to change? It's as pointless as politicians tweeting they "are shocked and apalled by the cowardly act of terror in [insert random city]". Western Europeans allow themselves to be routinely slaughtered and they will continue to do so, so why not cut out the middle man and just get the fuck on with it.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I would be more offended if Saudia-Arabia participated in that minute's silence because they are right at the centre of the rise of global terror.

Why do anything then? Just because it doesn't change anything doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. Why reflect on anything? Stopping doing these sorts of things isn't magically going to give everyone a boot up the bum and do something actively about it.

I'd wager the XI players on the pitch have little to do with that but with their actions they have shown the abide it. 

Just now, Spike said:

Why do anything then? Just because it doesn't change anything doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. Why reflect on anything? Stopping doing these sorts of things isn't magically going to give everyone a boot up the bum and do something actively about it.

I'd wager the XI players on the pitch have little to do with that but with their actions they have shown the abide it. 

Because shit like this gives people the idea they're doing something when they're not. That's what needs to be stopped. At this point, minutes of silence are in the same category as sending thoughts and prayers, Facebook filters and lighting up that monumentally ugly Eiffel Tower. If people would truly reflect on these things they might stop voting people into office who don't just allow for this to happen, but actively cause it. Until they reach that conclusion they might as well shut the fuck up and get on with the bread and circuses so we can all be briefly entertained before we are blown to pieces by a semi-sentient Wahhabi ape during our holiday.

Just now, Panflute said:

Because shit like this gives people the idea they're doing something when they're not. That's what needs to be stopped. At this point, minutes of silence are in the same category as sending thoughts and prayers, Facebook filters and lighting up that monumentally ugly Eiffel Tower. If people would truly reflect on these things they might stop voting people into office who don't just allow for this to happen, but actively cause it. Until they reach that conclusion they might as well shut the fuck up and get on with the bread and circuses so we can all be briefly entertained before we are blown to pieces by a semi-sentient Wahhabi ape during our holiday.

Haha, those people wouldn't do anything anyway. Don't be naive.

Just now, Spike said:

Haha, those people wouldn't do anything anyway. Don't be naive.

Good, so let them stop pretending to give a shit. It's insulting to the victims.

In that light, I'm glad KSA didn't participate in the moment of silence because it shows that these people fucking hate us and want us dead. That is far more important for us Europeans to realise than living the illusion that they might give a shit.

4 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Good, so let them stop pretending to give a shit. It's insulting to the victims.

In that light, I'm glad KSA didn't participate in the moment of silence because it shows that these people fucking hate us and want us dead. That is far more important for us Europeans to realise than living the illusion that they might give a shit.

They can do whatever they please, if they wish to give lip service they are allowed to. 

This story is nothing. If they don't realise this after getting fucking stabbed and bombed and contort the truth to fit their fantasy world then this won't do a single bloody thing. You give people too much credit, most will do anything to bury their heads. Ban false-sympathy? It'll simply manifest in another manner.

Archived