The better place to talk football.

Terrorist Attack at London Bridge & Borough Market

football forum

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Inevitable whilst people try and show solidarity...no inevitable whilst security is so under funded

It's totally meaningless. It solves absolutely nothing.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's totally meaningless. It solves absolutely nothing.

Well it's not totally meaningless is it, it meant something to be people in a city affected by a bombing. "It achieves nothing" completely idiotic, what do you expect anyone to achieve??

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Inevitable whilst people try and show solidarity...no inevitable whilst security is so under funded

But that's what inevitably has to happen if we're to live under 'strong and stable' leadership and focus on 'cutting the deficit'. :ph34r:

Crazy situation. In terms of the number of fatalities the only thing being reported so far is "more than one", obviously can't expect a full account of everything that happened and the outcome of it straight away.

As usual the reaction to this has been the same as always. Has been the same situation of the one group of people getting excited and wanting to push their agenda while ironically speaking in the same manner as terrorists with another group of people speaking out against that. The latter don't pretend to offer up a solution while the former isn't capable of offering up a solution that don't further harm innocent people.

One thing we should all agree on, the solution definitely isn't on social media platforms where people are basically having a conversation with themselves waiting for people to agree with them so their ego can slightly grow.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Well it's not totally meaningless is it, it meant something to be people in a city affected by a bombing. "It achieves nothing" completely idiotic, what do you expect anyone to achieve??

What does showing solidarity do to stop terrorist attacks and innocent people dying? Whilst it is good to see it does absolutely nothing to stop people being murdered in terrorist attacks.

• Administrator

Think some people need to realise that showing solidarity, having the candlelit vigils isn't done to solve terrorism or stop terrorists. That's not the aim of them. It's about showing support for the city you're in and showing respect to the people who have been affected. 

Obviously stuff like that won't stop terrorism but that was never the outset from the beginning. 

4 hours ago, Machado said:

Sickening.

Interesting how some mock twitter hashtags and whatnot  for not solving terrorism but they never tell us what their grand solution for terrorism is? Let's hear it then.

Stop allowing 3rd worlders to invade your country in mass numbers.

Start persecuting Muslim hate speech and anti establishment doctrine as conspiracy to promote and commit terrorist acts. Extradite where appropriate and imprison the rest for long terms. In non segregation prisons, with re education programs. Anyone caught committing, or planning terrorist act should be charged with high treason and killed.

When all radicals are back in the middle east, prison or dead, you will win your war on terrorism. Stop treading on egg shells in the name of being 'progressive' and start treading on fucking skulls instead.

I am very happy with the Australian Muslim community, and our strong immigration stance.I feel safe in my country. However if I were European I would be angry as fuck and scared, because at this stage it can happen to anyone anytime. If the government doesn't sort this shit out the people will eventually. There will be riots and race wars at this rate.

Some of the witnesses that go on tv are embarassing. They've seen nothing, they've got little to offer and they go on and on and on. "We were walking down the street, a lovely street, the street lights were on but the shops were closed so their lights were off. We'd just had a few drinks and were about to cross the bridge to get back to the station. I could hear some sirens then we saw some police cars. Then loads of police cars. Whizzing by. All rushing to the bridge. We heard shouting. Lots of men shouting. Then ambulances came. Loads of ambulances. We didn't know what had happened but knew it was serious"

Ffs

21 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

We don't know the identities of the animals that done last night's attack, but up till now every major attack in Europe has been done by nationals and not immigrants.

Some of the stories coming out from eye witnesses are disturbing.  There's one from a cal cab driver which is extremely graphic.  He ends up trying to use his cab as a battering ram against one of the individuals who was going around stabbing people and he had apparently just ran his blade through a girl.  That's the sort of stuff I was hearing on LBC last night during the process.  Obviously I did not sleep.

Something just has to be done but I can't for the world of me think of absolutely anything that can be done except for banning internet.

Lies. How can you honestly look yourself in the mirror or call yourself informed.

The Swedish attack was an Uzbek asylum seeker. The Nice attack was a Tunisian and 2 of the Paris attackers of 2015 were from Iraq.

Aside from the actual attacks themselves, allowing poisonous immigrants to bring their awful world views and hate speech is also incredibly unhealthy.

I read an interesting piece by some political professor who reckons that 2nd generation Islamism in the UK is in part the product of a lack of national identity and the elitist shaming of pride in being British. Ultimately making 2nd born immigrants from closed communities have to look for identity elsewhere and often finding it via the nationality of their fathers where they come across this doctrine.

8 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Lies. How can you honestly look yourself in the mirror or call yourself informed.

The Swedish attack was an Uzbek asylum seeker. The Nice attack was a Tunisian and 2 of the Paris attackers of 2015 were from Iraq.

Aside from the actual attacks themselves, allowing poisonous immigrants to bring their awful world views and hate speech is also incredibly unhealthy.

The Madrid attack with over 200 dead were born in Spain

The Charlie Hebdo attack were from people born in Paris

Every attack in England is from people born in the UK.

The attack in Germany by people born in Germany.

What do you suggest those countries do with the issue?

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

When you can't even let 3rd or 4th generation immigrants assimilate, bringing in unprecedented waves of new immigrants is not a good idea.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

56 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Start persecuting Muslim hate speech and anti establishment doctrine as conspiracy to promote and commit terrorist acts. Extradite where appropriate and imprison the rest for long terms. In non segregation prisons, with re education programs. Anyone caught committing, or planning terrorist act should be charged with high treason and killed.

When all radicals are back in the middle east, prison or dead, you will win your war on terrorism. Stop treading on egg shells in the name of being 'progressive' and start treading on fucking skulls instead.

I am very happy with the Australian Muslim community, and our strong immigration stance.I feel safe in my country. However if I were European I would be angry as fuck and scared, because at this stage it can happen to anyone anytime. If the government doesn't sort this shit out the people will eventually. There will be riots and race wars at this rate.

Just now, Panflute said:

When you can't even let 3rd or 4th generation immigrants assimilate, bringing in unprecedented waves of new immigrants is not a good idea.

I understand that, and it's an argument for a different debate that I have an opinion on.  But immigrants have nothing to do with those attacks and that's an issue that has to be addressed.  We have to solve issues that are actually there and both are different problems that need solutions.

It's wrong to blame immigrants on something they just haven't done.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I understand that, and it's an argument for a different debate that I have an opinion on.  But immigrants have nothing to do with those attacks and that's an issue that has to be addressed.  We have to solve issues that are actually there and both are different problems that need solutions.

It's wrong to blame immigrants on something they just haven't done.

Except they, have, in all the examples I listed, when you said that "every major attack in Europe has been done by nationals and not immigrants." Which was a complete lie you sham.

First generation nationals are hardly English born and bread either.

2 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

I am very happy with the Australian Muslim community,

From everything you've written I'm only interested in that part mate.  Maybe Australia has something to teach many European states on why they're happy and you're happy.

I very much doubt it has anything whatsoever to do with the examples you've put on that very same post as solutions as that would only agravate the situation by making certain people feel like a different type of citizen.

My personal view is that we can all start with the Wahabi doctrine situation in all of these countries...  BUT!  There is a BUT and a very big BUT!

How can you attack a rotten disgusting backward and growing type disease  when you have your political leaders getting into bed with the central state that promotes Wahabbism?  The hypocrisy is on levels that just makes my stomach turn.  

3 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

when you said that "every major attack in Europe has been done by nationals and not immigrants." Which was a complete lie you sham.

What do you want...  A medal?  Are you Mutley?

So what!  There are major attacks that are done by nationals and nationals are nationals that have to be dealt with by their country of birth.  Don't start moving the goalposts with which generation they come from because there's no way to obtain any solutions by stating that you're going to be treated in a particular manner depending what generation of birth national you are.  That's stupid!

Plus...  Don't be so picky with where someone has committed and error because you aren't free from them yourself and it doesn't answer the question on where the issues are.  

Archived