The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Italy (p) 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Loads. Marca just signed off an article with Forza Italia. The Irish Times couldn't bring themselves to accept England deserved to win. Scottish National Party MPs demanding an overhaul of BBC and ITV for covering England too much. Northern Irish complaining over use of some chants. Whilst Gazzetto dello Sport published an article suggesting Boris Johnson corrupted UEFA. Social media is full of salty comments. On here the most salty folk are English who can't bring themselves to support England but always have to remind everyone of it at every game. Then there's the odd folk so desperate for England to lose they have it ooze out of their profile and posts.

In football, typically if you are hated you must be doing something right.

xD that surprises me. I had them pegged as nailed on to want England to win. Partly because of the rivalry between those two, and partly because of the fact their record unbeaten run is under real threat.

People do just have a problem with the English. It's got to be some sort of misunderstanding. I did a tweet last night that's gotten quite a lot of coverage, essentially taking the piss out of England and the fact we went on about Trippier's free kick for ages and that Denmark will now do it with Damsgaard. The amount of people who seemed offended by this genuinely fascinates me. I think we've got a quite unique sense of humour and nobody gets it. The Scots & Welsh should know better though.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, McAzeem said:

England have Piers Morgan on their side. That's enough to not support them.

Berlusconi and Italy? 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Well I'd say the Scottish and Irish are more upset about being colonised for the last 1,000 years but maybe it's football xD

Why are we only stopping at 1000 years? What about 2000 years? Fucking Romans coming over here attacking our villages and raping our women. Or those nasty Scandinavians constantly attacking us for 300 years between 763 and 1066. Might start a go fund me page because I’m so upset.

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

Shouldn’t start Foden in a European final. 

What's the alternative Saka?

He's just as young and inexperienced. Saka has been fantastic but this could be one game too far for me, the Italians will be gearing up to play against him so maybe a curve ball and Foden is the answer. One things for certain it won't be Sancho, so it's either Foden or Saka. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Well I'd say the Scottish and Irish are more upset about being colonised for the last 1,000 years but maybe it's football xD

Tbh there's much more of an anti-English sentiment amongst Irish in Northern Ireland than there is in the Republic seeing as there's still British occupation there and the rest of the country can just sort of get on with life now, though of course you don't just forget about British occupation as a lot of people in the Republic still have a living memory of family members who would have been alive when Britain occupied Ireland in it's entirety. In the Republic anti-English/British sentiment generally gets drawn from the days of the Black and Tans, in the north it's much more recent.

Scotland on the other hand had an equal and willing hand in colonising the world so that excuse can get fucked, too many people paying too much attention to Mel Gibson in a kilt xD

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

What's the alternative Saka?

He's just as young and inexperienced. Saka has been fantastic but this could be one game too far for me, the Italians will be gearing up to play against him so maybe a curve ball and Foden is the answer. One things for certain it won't be Sancho, so it's either Foden or Saka. 

Saka has a strong defensive output as he has played as a wing back before, no way anyone starts ahead of him against the top scorers in the competition.

Just now, Danny said:

Saka has a strong defensive output as he has played as a wing back before, no way anyone starts ahead of him against the top scorers in the competition.

That's a fair call, like I said he's been fantastic. 

Hard to see any other starting line up than the one he went with in the Semi final really isn't it, the only potential change I could foresee is Henderson into the midfield with Rice and Phillips but that would come at the expense of Mount and I think Southgate really likes Mounts bursts into the box. 

Just now, Devil said:

That's a fair call, like I said he's been fantastic. 

Hard to see any other starting line up than the one he went with in the Semi final really isn't it, the only potential change I could foresee is Henderson into the midfield with Rice and Phillips but that would come at the expense of Mount and I think Southgate really likes Mounts bursts into the box. 

Yeah it feels like Henderson will get chucked in, but I reckon it'll be at the expense of Rice. Whenever he's made the choice he's taken Rice off and not Phillips and like you say Mount is a different entity to them entirely.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Colonised their minds maybe.

Rivalry is fine but saltiness is cringe. Goes at any level of football. There's always some salty people in football and there's no defending the melts. There's salty people in the Newcastle Sunderland rivalry. It's got nothing to do with the civil war difference between the cities. There's no justification you can pull out. 

58 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh there's much more of an anti-English sentiment amongst Irish in Northern Ireland than there is in the Republic seeing as there's still British occupation there and the rest of the country can just sort of get on with life now, though of course you don't just forget about British occupation as a lot of people in the Republic still have a living memory of family members who would have been alive when Britain occupied Ireland in it's entirety. In the Republic anti-English/British sentiment generally gets drawn from the days of the Black and Tans, in the north it's much more recent.

Scotland on the other hand had an equal and willing hand in colonising the world so that excuse can get fucked, too many people paying too much attention to Mel Gibson in a kilt xD

Any pics?

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Agree with this. No pressure on us at all, although I think the fact none of these lads have been in an international final may show at times during the game.

This is not correct, Foden was in the world cup final for England and has more winner medals already than most the England team plus he's miles better than Saka and should take his spot :England:

Foden.jpg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Was anyone else from that team in the squad? Is it only 1 whose made it so far?

Sancho. 

• The title was changed to FINAL - Italy 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

Archived