talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Italy (p) 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am absolutely heartbroken. My first memory of football was collecting the corinthian figures and panini stickers during Euro 96. That was 25 years ago.

Palace and England lose every final and every penalty shoot out. My record is 8-1. The one being Columbia.

I mentioned earlier during the tournament my dad was 30 during italia 90 and my mum was seven months pregnant. Carbon copy of my life. It's very depressing I have to tell my child to savour these Wembley moments because they're so rare.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Rick said:

So all of a sudden, we are to believe that both Henderson and Walker have become shithouse pen takers overnight? 

Maybe Sancho was pinging them in for fun in training, but are you really taking a player like Henderson off the pitch for him? The man has so much experience. I just find it mad. 

Maybe Henderson was missing them all in training...

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

just saw a video of an alleged attack on an Italian fan, bunch of English blokes were kicking him on the ground near a turnstile

Is that after a load of fans, including Italians, burst their way in when they weren't allowed?

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I’m willing to wager everything I own that if Henderson and Walker stepped up and missed, people will be calling for Southgate’s head for not putting goal scorers in Rashford or Sancho. 

This.

1 minute ago, internationalsfan said:

Then he's a absolute cunt to put Saka in that position. 

Why? Did Saka miss a load of training sessions? Maybe he was really confident in taking a penalty.

You can't "train" what Sancho and Saka had to do. I understand picking the order up to a point, but once Rashford missed, everything changed. The Saka pen especially. It's not a talented cocky young lad hammering them in top bins after training, it's a 19 year old kid with the weight of a nation and a world class GK in front of him. That penalty was about nerve, not ability, and England got it dead wrong. 

Just now, Stan said:

Is that after a load of fans, including Italians, burst their way in when they weren't allowed?

Don't see why that matters? A bloke was getting kicked on the ground by a bunch of people, doesn't matter if he was English and they were Italian. Shouldn't happen.

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You can't "train" what Sancho and Saka had to do. I understand picking the order up to a point, but once Rashford missed, everything changed. The Saka pen especially. It's not a talented cocky young lad hammering them in top bins after training, it's a 19 year old kid with the weight of a nation and a world class GK in front of him. That penalty was about nerve, not ability, and England got it dead wrong. 

Sadly the order can't be changed just on the basis of how the penalties that precede it, though?

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

Don't see why that matters? A bloke was getting kicked on the ground by a bunch of people, doesn't matter if he was English and they were Italian. Shouldn't happen.

True. 

Just now, Spike said:

The videos are making the rounds. Not a good look for sure.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I am absolutely heartbroken. My first memory of football was collecting the corinthian figures and panini stickers during Euro 96. That was 25 years ago.

Palace and England lose every final and every penalty shoot out. My record is 8-1. The one being Columbia.

I mentioned earlier during the tournament my dad was 30 during italia 90 and my mum was seven months pregnant. Carbon copy of my life. It's very depressing I have to tell my child to savour these Wembley moments because they're so rare.

I'll put $5 on Palace winning the FA Cup, just for you.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Are they written? I thought it was determined from pen to pen? 

I'm pretty sure the manager has to give the ref a list. But it probably depends on the competition rules

• Administrator

Yep, the first 5 are chosen and given to the officials.

From then on it's any order for the rest of the team. Then back to the first 5 if it reaches that...

Better team overall on the night won, so no real complaints. First half was all ours and besides the small period in extra time where we actually saw the ball and kept it for more than two passes, Italy were on top overall so can’t really have any complaints about them winning but the England penalties that were missed were poor, especially Saka’s and Sancho’s. 

Still, an exceptional tournament from an English perspective where we’ve gone further than I’ve ever seen us and it really wasn’t a fluke and Southgate made plenty look stupid, which was satisfying. 

I think Sancho and Rashford were just stone cold. Still terrible penalties though for lads with such ability, but pressure does these things. 

Make sure it’s United players that fuck it up though.  Lights a fire in them usually.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

On happier note thank god this tournament hasn't been ruined by the word Peru.

You Eurocentric fucks don't give a fuck about the Copa America where the football is played at a higher quality. It's always the same.

Sorry Brian. xD

Archived