talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Italy (p) 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

football forum

16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

United players playing for England a jinx?

1998 World Cup - Beckham gets sent off.

Euro 2000 - Phil Neville gives a penalty away near the end of the game.

World Cup 2002 - Rivaldo equalizes but the move started because Beckham jumped out of a tackle, the Ronaldhino goal via a free kick was from a stupid tackle from Scholes.

World Cup 2006 - Rooney gets a red card.

Euro 2020 - Sancho and Rashford miss penalties. 

To be fair England flopped even before Man Utd were famous :ph34r:

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MUFC said:

United players playing for England a jinx?

1998 World Cup - Beckham gets sent off.

Euro 2000 - Phil Neville gives a penalty away near the end of the game.

World Cup 2002 - Rivaldo equalizes but the move started because Beckham jumped out of a tackle, the Ronaldhino goal via a free kick was from a stupid tackle from Scholes.

World Cup 2006 - Rooney gets a red card.

Euro 2020 - Sancho and Rashford miss penalties. 

Ban Man Utd.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I think Southgate´s biggest mistake was not the selection of penalty takers, but giving Italy the ball after scoring the goal. 

One can say it's still a tactical failure, but it wasn't intentional to give the ball away, if we're to believe his words in the post-match.

I agree that scoring early wasn't good for England. The possession and chances created would probably have been more even if no one scored until later in the game.

16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Masterclass from Southgate, creating dummy accounts to racially abuse his own players in order to deflect attention from the defeat.

Government latching onto it as well despite previously saying it's fine to boo players taking the knee, presumably to distract attention from the woeful policing operation in London and particularly Wembley last night. It seems like both the police, government and FA have all planned for a final without England in it. Imagine CMS is absolutely screaming down the phone at Home Office and FA for that shitshow given it probably cost us the 2030 World Cup bid that Boris was desperate to get. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

That said, the whole England culture, I’ll call it that, we’ve seen grow over the past few tournaments, the chucking of pints and bottles that’s completely purposely done and not natural, the congregating and anti social behaviour and general anti social behaviour, that needs addressing as does the societal issue we have with racism in this country that go way behind football supporters. 

It really has become an epidemic this. The pub I was watching at there were lads there trying to get the Southgate You're the One chants going which is fine but they're not even watching the game, they just want to feel like they're the don of the room leading the chants and then film themselves getting beer poured over their heads so they can stick it on Instagram and show what mad lads they are.

The majority of that behaviour is not born out of genuine passion and excitement, it's mostly idiots so pissed they don't even know what the score is or attention seekers with proper small dick energy who have gone out with the primary or sole intention of getting people to look at them being cunts because that's how they get their kicks.

Most people who actually care about the football and genuinely support England act like normal human beings. On the occasion you do get genuine football fans properly losing it like the ones in the actual stadium though it's still pretty special. The beer chucking thing and yobbish fanzone behaviour has become very pathetic and cringeworthy though.

All these fucking politicians criticising the players are an absolute joke, tbh.

The England players fought harder for the country than these politicians have ever done in their careers. And that's with Tory cunts like Priti Patel fanning the flames of racism around our players.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

All these fucking politicians criticising the players are an absolute joke, tbh.

The England players fought harder for the country than these politicians have ever done in their careers. And that's with Tory cunts like Priti Patel fanning the flames of racism around our players.

The issue isn't even them criticising the players it's the epitome of two-facedness in the politicians. I don't think I've seen in done so blatantly by politicians in my life time.

Politicians disagreeing with celebrities - and let's be honest footballers are celebrities - is nothing particular new especially if they're campaigning against you. The issue comes with the politicians slamming the players for their politics, then attempting to cash in on their success for political capital with cheap stunts like dressing in England shirts etc, and doubling down by claiming to have always been disgusted by racism. 

If Boris and Priti had just wished the team good luck and left them too it it wouldn't be an issue but they didn't

3 hours ago, montybhopa said:

The team did the country proud but the fans embarrassed the country throughout the knockout stages when they started to see that England were doing well. This was pretty much a home tournament and what it proved is that England shouldn't be trusted with an international tournament for a while.

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The team did the country proud but the fans embarrassed the country throughout the knockout stages when they started to see that England were doing well. This was pretty much a home tournament and what it proved is that England shouldn't be trusted with an international tournament for a while.

Thankfully most of those twats won't go to Qatar cos there's too many Muslims or something (not cos they can't afford it with them never working) might be the nicest world cup for fans to travel too. US probably to expensive for them too cos you know they don't work. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

It really has become an epidemic this. The pub I was watching at there were lads there trying to get the Southgate You're the One chants going which is fine but they're not even watching the game, they just want to feel like they're the don of the room leading the chants and then film themselves getting beer poured over their heads so they can stick it on Instagram and show what mad lads they are.

The majority of that behaviour is not born out of genuine passion and excitement, it's mostly idiots so pissed they don't even know what the score is or attention seekers with proper small dick energy who have gone out with the primary or sole intention of getting people to look at them being cunts because that's how they get their kicks.

Most people who actually care about the football and genuinely support England act like normal human beings. On the occasion you do get genuine football fans properly losing it like the ones in the actual stadium though it's still pretty special. The beer chucking thing and yobbish fanzone behaviour has become very pathetic and cringeworthy though.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, internationalsfan said:

Thankfully most of those twats won't go to Qatar cos there's too many Muslims or something (not cos they can't afford it with them never working) might be the nicest world cup for fans to travel too. US probably to expensive for them too cos you know they don't work. 

The police in Qatar would kick the shit out of them if they behaved like last night.

25 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The police in Qatar would kick the shit out of them if they behaved like last night.

It'll be interesting for sure. Fifa are probably gong to have a different idea of how to deal with this stuff than the Qatari government.

One afterwards will be in US, where they don't dick about in dealing with yobs, same in Mexico, could see all England games being in Canada tbh. 

Tournament afterwards looks increasingly likely to be in Uruguay and other South American countriesso will likely be similar to Brazil in that only real fans will travel rather than the benidorm brigade unlike France and Russia. Not to mention there'll be armed police out there (something we could do with in the UK now) 

Anyone else find Southgate abut non-committal in today's presser when he was asked if he wanted to take the team to Qatar? Talking about taking and break and all that? 

He couldn't step down could he? 5 years is quite long for an England manager and the 6 and half to take him to Qatar would put him up there with the longest serving managers. 

14 minutes ago, internationalsfan said:

Anyone else find Southgate abut non-committal in today's presser when he was asked if he wanted to take the team to Qatar? Talking about taking and break and all that? 

He couldn't step down could he? 5 years is quite long for an England manager and the 6 and half to take him to Qatar would put him up there with the longest serving managers. 

I found it odd, because realistically... it's not like he's got a better option available? It's all downhill from the England job based on his current CV. This is his chance to work with the best players he can work with and get a shot at winning something - I can't see him not staying the length of his contract.

I do think Qatar's probably his last tournament - whether he wins or loses us the World Cup. I think there's a "danger" of staying too long as the England boss - I think Sven would be better remembered if he'd left earlier - but I do think he's demonstrated he's a good fit as the England manager with 2 semi finals and a final. So I think it would be weird for all parties involved if he did leave.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I found it odd, because realistically... it's not like he's got a better option available? It's all downhill from the England job based on his current CV. This is his chance to work with the best players he can work with and get a shot at winning something - I can't see him not staying the length of his contract.

I do think Qatar's probably his last tournament - whether he wins or loses us the World Cup. I think there's a "danger" of staying too long as the England boss - I think Sven would be better remembered if he'd left earlier - but I do think he's demonstrated he's a good fit as the England manager with 2 semi finals and a final. So I think it would be weird for all parties involved if he did leave.

I understand him wanting to clarify the team still needed to qualify for Qatar so as not sound presumptuous or disrespect their opponents in that competition although I think not qualifying would be a big shock now it's worth remembering qualifying for a 7th successive World Cup would be another barrier broken down if he did it in itself. Currently level with 6 from 1950-70 And we have a reasonably competitive group. 

Also there is a serious issue about his legacy. If he goes now it'll be a strong one. If he goes out first round in Qatar people might start to play the good draw card. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Marcus Rashford is an impressive human being. Everything I've heard, read and seen of him (off the pitch at least) is pure class. 

Archived