• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Italy (p) 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

When a man gets down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend (or boyfriend), is he supporting a Marxist movement to defund the police? :ph34r:

Could be both but it also reinforces the patriarchy in case of women if it's done publicly as women will have an added pressure to say yes despite not wanting  to. :coffee:

On 14/07/2021 at 07:01, RandoEFC said:

No need for this as it never helps but @ASF if you're going to believe a YouTube video about the knee stuff over the players and manager saying repeatedly what the point of it is you're basically disagreeing with it for made up reasons. The video you've posted is by a guy called Paul Joseph Watson. A quick look at his Twitter feed...

... reveals him as someone who feels more upset about people showing solidarity to Marcus Rashford getting abused online, than he is about the racism itself. In fact he appears to spend so much time tweeting each day complaining about masks and denying the existence of racism in the UK that I'm surprised he's got time to make a video. I mean how stupid is this guy that he blames the actual racist graffiti on the mural in Manchester on social media accounts in Asia? Absolutely desperate stuff.

Why do people find it so much easier to believe that a bunch of multi millionaire footballers who see their team mates get racially abused on a regular basis, are secretly conspiring with the Marxist BLM defund the police group than they are to make a simple gesture in solidarity? Paul Joseph Watson has probably never met a single one of these players. Is he really better qualified than them to explain why they're making the gesture? This isn't a matter of opinion, the answer is no. Come on mate.

It's tempting to think this and I did for a while. It remains true that the gesture alone is only a gesture but they've been vindicated in continuing to do it. See the conversations that have occurred around these issues over the past months. See the polling that says the majority of English football fans support the gesture even in the face of all the bed wetting from the Murdochian type newspaper columnists and and Paul Joseph Watson types tweeting from their Mummy's basement. See the way this England team mobilised the decent people of this country to rally around the lads who were racially abused by a dumb minority over the past few days. See the way the juvenile booing at the gesture reduced throughout the tournament.

Despite all of this, action is needed to combat racism, not just a gesture, but it's hard to argue that the protest itself hasn't had some positive impact over the last few weeks.

No one said they were conspiring. However, the bending the knee before games started right after the death of George Floyd and all the circus that followed (I don't think he deserved to die like that, but this man was a criminal, even pointed a gun at a pregnant woman). So it's hard to not believe that the two are linked.

If they're not, then fair enough.

On 14/07/2021 at 14:29, Gunnersauraus said:

@ASF  @RandoEFC has literally just proved the guy you posted a video of his a clear racist. So you're not as clever as you think you are. 

Hum? Ok.

On 14/07/2021 at 15:16, Gunnersauraus said:

@ASF sorry for insulting you. However I do feel racism is a very selfish issue that we need to stop. Not only towards black people but everyone. Some of the abuse Europeans have received in Britain is terrible. 

However back to the point. If you were happy that the knee was not linked to the blm what would be your objections? Like I said in a previous post, people may have their reasons for booing it. But it's hard to see why someone would boo an equality gesture 

No objections.

On 14/07/2021 at 20:52, Dr. Gonzo said:

I definitely don't think @ASF is racist, or that he's said anything racist. Calling someone racist is a pretty serious allegation and I don't think you are necessarily racist if you don't support the players' protest to take the knee (although I think if you're outright booing them... you maybe are a racist or have your own prejudices/biases that you should personally reflect on if you don't want to be racist).

I do think the guy he quoted, Paul Joseph Watson... is a racist - but I think you can quote people who are racist without being racist. You can even agree with their arguments as to why something should/shouldn't be supported and not be racist - although I think with someone like Paul Joseph Watson you're likely to be getting manipulated into agreeing with dishonest arguments that are designed to normalise racist views. But the guy's been around for a few years now spreading racially divisive bullshit - often times his claims have been proven to be untrue by actual journalists - and he was ultimately banned from Facebook for promoting racism and language that a reasonable person could pretty easily take as "incitement of racially motivated violence" ... so I do think there's a pretty strong argument that Paul Joseph Watson is indeed a racist.

I do agree that constructive debate with people you disagree with is a better way of handling situations than just calling people scum or a cunt or whatever when you disagree with them. And I do think that here, a member of the forum has been mislead about our players taking the knee and what that means.

I'm clearly not a racist, because I've stated before that the human dignity is the same for all people.

As for being mislead, see my answer to Rando.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ASF said:

No one said they were conspiring. However, the bending the knee before games started right after the death of George Floyd and all the circus that followed (I don't think he deserved to die like that, but this man was a criminal, even pointed a gun at a pregnant woman). So it's hard to not believe that the two are linked.

If they're not, then fair enough.

The players have said consistently a lot more recently they're taking the knee to encourage and promote equality for all and eradicating discrimination of any kind. They have explicitly stated its not linked to BLM, even if the specific gesture is linked to that. 

Archived