talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Smoking

football forum

On 06/08/2019 at 12:05, CaaC (John) said:

Bollocks chew an icy-pole stick, I normally get the sticks after the grandsons have an icy-pole around here I get the sticks and cut them with scissors into strips and chew them even when I am drinking or walking around, I am drinking now and chewing an icy-pole stick.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png.a11b42f897bd368e350c370ca1adf69a.png

This is actually a very good tip btw. For anyone who’s like me who was painfully addicted to nicotine and also likes to get pretty drunk (and then that makes me want cigs), it’s a surprisingly good method of making my brain shut the fuck up when I am drunk and want a cigarette.

Also I’m really drunk right now

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is actually a very good tip btw.

What, do your best Razor Ramon impression? :ph34r:

tumblr_mjgoo9CIFs1qk6omfo2_250.gif

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I was in the shop the other day getting a Lottery ticket and some guy was buying 40 Marlboro Lights cigarettes,  he paid out £24.80 for the 40 at £12.40 for a packet of 20, :dam:     

I can't say I ever buy tobacco from shops. Fuck that when people sell the exact same product for half price.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is actually a very good tip btw. For anyone who’s like me who was painfully addicted to nicotine and also likes to get pretty drunk (and then that makes me want cigs), it’s a surprisingly good method of making my brain shut the fuck up when I am drunk and want a cigarette.

Also I’m really drunk right now

Having a drink in a moment but I have old faithful ready, been chewing it for a few minutes to get in the mood. :D

download.png.a30e81df642a3324dc4830f4aae9d7f1.png

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not a fan then... I must admit when I walk past the smoke shelter at work with them on the go it's like being in a train station during the 1800's 

Don't really care when it comes to the thing itself; but I'd say that I do find smug douchebags pretentiously blowing thick clouds with their fruit loops flavoured mist sticks thinking that it's lit and that it somehow elevates their social status annoying xD 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Don't really care when it comes to the thing itself; but I'd say that I do find smug douchebags pretentiously blowing thick clouds with their fruit loops flavoured mist sticks thinking that it's lit and that it somehow elevates their social status annoying xD 

You do get some unusual smells from them.. like walking past a sweet factory on overtime sometimes.. 

• Subscriber
On 07/09/2019 at 07:34, Mel81x said:

Quote.thumb.png.9dc1c892218d83dffb248a17936b6f3b.png

Mysterious vaping illnesses are causing life-threatening lung injuries and death. Here’s what we know about the people who have been affected so far.

SLIDES - 1/13

AAGQZJF.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f

download.thumb.png.ac79dd0ef367755e4ec80ae07b07d81e.png

Since e-cigarettes' mainstream inception, advocates have touted the devices as a safer alternative to smoking cigarettes. But now, as hospitalizations and deaths linked to the devices mount across the United States, health experts and consumers alike are concerned about their dangers.

Between June 28 and September 6, there have been  450 total possible cases of vape-related lung illness, according to the CDC. Five have resulted in death.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.9dc1c892218d83dffb248a17936b6f3b.png

Mysterious vaping illnesses are causing life-threatening lung injuries and death. Here’s what we know about the people who have been affected so far.

SLIDES - 1/13

AAGQZJF.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f

download.thumb.png.ac79dd0ef367755e4ec80ae07b07d81e.png

Since e-cigarettes' mainstream inception, advocates have touted the devices as a safer alternative to smoking cigarettes. But now, as hospitalizations and deaths linked to the devices mount across the United States, health experts and consumers alike are concerned about their dangers.

Between June 28 and September 6, there have been  450 total possible cases of vape-related lung illness, according to the CDC. Five have resulted in death.

FULL REPORT

While its scary whats happening its also kind of stupid to imagine that replacing nicotine with a soluble liquid that in some cases can be potent in wrong mixtures was ever going to be a good idea. I hope people take this cue and stop using vapes altogether.

• Upvote 1

The problem isn't necessarily vaping itself, as vaping will always be better for the lungs than smoke. But it's what you're vaping. I mean vaping herbal cannabis is better for you than smoking it as you eliminate all the nasty shit such as tar. However, these chemicals that these vape liquids contain are barely even researched. They may make you grow an extra head for all we know.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The problem isn't necessarily vaping itself, as vaping will always be better for the lungs than smoke. But it's what you're vaping. I mean vaping herbal cannabis is better for you than smoking it as you eliminate all the nasty shit such as tar. However, these chemicals that these vape liquids contain are barely even researched. They may make you grow an extra head for all we know.

Yep and the issue lies with the solubles used to mix the nicotine in and thats where it all goes wrong. Sometimes people think they can mix whatever they want to develop some new taste they never had before not knowing that the mixtures are really bad for them and can lead to worse respiratory issues as well. 

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's actually looking like the weed vapes are the worst kind of vaping for you. Most cannabis oils that were tested, tested positive for vitamin E acetate - which is what's likely causing these lung diseases.

So smoking weed is probably still the best way to... smoke weed.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's actually looking like the weed vapes are the worst kind of vaping for you. Most cannabis oils that were tested, tested positive for vitamin E acetate - which is what's likely causing these lung diseases.

So smoking weed is probably still the best way to... smoke weed.

I was referring to vaping bud mate. Dry herb vaporisers.

The vape liquids are all going to be dodgy to be honest.

Best way is actually probably to eat it, but then cakes contain sugar and that kills :ph34r:.

Everything kills you though these days.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I was referring to vaping bud mate. Dry herb vaporisers.

The vape liquids are all going to be dodgy to be honest.

Best way is actually probably to eat it, but then cakes contain sugar and that kills :ph34r:.

Everything kills you though these days.

Eating it's also probably bad for your liver. I don't like dry herb vaporisers because it always tastes fucking weird and I never get as high as I get by actually smoking it.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Eating it's also probably bad for your liver. I don't like dry herb vaporisers because it always tastes fucking weird and I never get as high as I get by actually smoking it.

Nothing beats smoking a spliff, it just hits the spot. It can't be matched by consuming it any other way.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I got some cheroots from Myanmar a while ago and enjoyed them a lot (the thin ones). Very light and spicy herbal taste as it consists of dried cheroot leaves, bark, wood, crushed tobacco as well as stuff like tamarind or banana and aromatics like anise etc. wrapped in thanat leaves. Love it. It's a pity they are not sold elsewhere.

received_1767524053489333.jpeg

received_1767524056822666.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Was talking to my doc on the phone on Friday, he's pretty sure I have COPD, we don't know what stage yet.  Seeing him properly on Wednesday for some tests and further investigation, followed by a chest x-ray.  So it's time to stop smoking, which makes me sad.  Dunno what aids I will use, it'll be some form of NRT, the wee horrible inhalor thingy or nicorette spray or maybe chewing gum this time, I dunno, will see what the doc advises and by the end of the week it's time to stop smoking ffs.  I'm snapping, stupid fucking lungs putting a stop to 1 of the few habits I really enjoy.  Meh.

• Subscriber

Posted 1 hour ago

Was talking to my doc on the phone on Friday, he's pretty sure I have COPD, we don't know what stage yet.  Seeing him properly on Wednesday for some tests and further investigation, followed by a chest x-ray.  So it's time to stop smoking, which makes me sad.  Dunno what aids I will use, it'll be some form of NRT, the wee horrible inhalor thingy or nicorette spray or maybe chewing gum this time, I dunno, will see what the doc advises and by the end of the week it's time to stop smoking ffs.  I'm snapping, stupid fucking lungs putting a stop to 1 of the few habits I really enjoy.  Meh.

I have COPD, had it for years now but I still smoked but come December 7th this year I will be celebrating 2 years without a cancer stick, how did I stop you may ask? but if you read back in the pages here somewhere you will see that I posted saying I ended up in the hospital with a collapsed left lung which they said was a blister that burst and the blister was caused by smoking.

That's when I decided to call it a day and after lying in a hospital bed for two weeks after a lung operation and being discharged, looked at the wife, son, daughter and grandsons I thought "Thank god I am still in the land of the living...", all you have to say is "I am stopping full stop" and if you have the will power then good, our son put this on my mobile phone when I got out of the hospital, have a look at it and see how much money I have saved...and I am still in the land of the living.

1571264162_Screenshot_20191021-190707_QuitTracker.jpg.57ec76aa7a551e13f07a968db2864373.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)

That's absolutely brilliant man, well done.  Do you still miss smoking?  I dunno how I'm stopping, it's going to take a willpower I've not displayed before, but it has to be done.  I have a teenage daughter and she's going to need me around for some time yet, so I don't have a choice, in less than a week I'll be a non-smoker.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Shinji Doherty said:

That's absolutely brilliant man, well done.  Do you still miss smoking?  I dunno how I'm stopping, it's going to take a willpower I've not displayed before, but it has to be done.  I have a teenage daughter and she's going to need me around for some time yet, so I don't have a choice, in less than a week I'll be a non-smoker.

Just stick to your guns and STOP, no patches or anything else, just will power man, god-given will power, now I can't stand the smell of smoke, if I am standing at a bus shelter and someone is smoking a cigarette or even one of these vapour things I cough my guts out, yet I still have dreams where I am buying 10 cigs and smoking one and that's it lol.

One of the other reasons I stopped was because I suffer from asthma, I also have sciatica and I found out two years ago that I suffer from heart failure which is a weak heart muscle and now I am on tablets for life but I am still here and intend to be for a long time yet so I can see my grandsons grow up, wee Kaiden is 6, Alexander who is 12 (sitting in the lounge here right now) and the eldest being Connor just 13. :drunk: 

On 21/10/2019 at 11:36, CaaC (John) said:

I still have dreams where I am buying 10 cigs and smoking one and that's it lol.

I have this one reoccurring dream where I'm on a bench at a park back home and I light a cig and inhale and smoke it. And that first puff just feels so relaxing. And each time when I'm done with the cigarette, I wake up in a cold fucking sweat.

It's super fucked up. Tobacco companies are evil - I've never dealt with addiction issues like I have with cigarettes... and I used to be addicted to cocaine & I'm pretty sure I'm an alcoholic xD

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just remembered, it's 2 years 3 days since I stopped smoking the old cancer sticks, it's funny as I still have the odd dream where I am buying 10 cigs or puffing away on one yet when I wake up I am out of breath lol.

That 2-week hospital stint where I was rushed in and ended up having an operation for a collapsed lung certainly helped me kick the addiction, never again, even if I am standing waiting on a bus or taxi and someone is smoking beside me I kind of cough and move a distance away from the smoke, yuk.

1398705928_download(1).png.5fe77b20297a5a1e37a6837fd28f2d3f.png

• Upvote 1