talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Smoking

football forum

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I deleted my timer after hitting a year. Didn't see the point now that smoking is well and truly out of my thoughts. I can remember it was my 25th birthday last year if I ever need to work it out.

I like looking at the money saved and to be honest I only look at it if this thread comes up. 

17 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I bought a H-Priv 2 vape and its awful, Can't even take a hit off it without coughing like crazy. Its on the lowest setting possible as well.

Which tank you got? I have the Smoant, but the tank is also important. Am using the Mesh Pro tank, it was judged the best of 2018 along with the Falcon King Tank. Also set the device to work in harmony with the coils you're using.

9674669-9.jpg

freemax-atomiser-freemax-mesh-pro-tank-c

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Stan said:

600+ days smoke free well done @CaaC (John)

Funny thing is @Stan I have had dreams where I am smoking and when I wake up I start to cough lol, but I have noticed if I am waiting at a bus stop and someone is smoking I have to walk away from the smell of tobacco as I can't stand it now, especially with people that use these Vape things that look like bloody steam trains. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Have you really stopped smoking for that long @CaaC (John) !? That's amazing... you never said mate.

Can't wait for day 700's update.

X

Aye buddy, maybe it was fate that stopped me smoking, as I have mentioned in here before on numerous occasions in Dec 2017 I had cut down on my smoking and was determined to stop as my wife had stopped smoking a year before that (2016), I was taken into hospital as I was gasping for breath, called the wife who was in the sitting room and she called an ambulance.

Save saying what I mentioned before in this thread and other threads I had suffered from a collapsed

lung, I was two weeks in hospital after an operation on my lung, and then released from the hospital and have never smoked since, maybe the old grim reaper gave me a message, STOP or I will pay you a visit, say no more 

:eek: 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye buddy, maybe it was fate that stopped me smoking, as I have mentioned in here before on numerous occasions in Dec 2017 I had cut down on my smoking and was determined to stop as my wife had stopped smoking a year before that (2016), I was taken into hospital as I was gasping for breath, called the wife who was in the sitting room and she called an ambulance.

Save saying what I mentioned before in this thread and other threads I had suffered from a collapsed

lung, I was two weeks in hospital after an operation on my lung, and then released from the hospital and have never smoked since, maybe the old grim reaper gave me a message, STOP or I will pay you a visit, say no more 

:eek: 

In all seriousness, well done mate... brilliant stuff.

I've been one of them pointless smokers where i've never really been addicted i just smoke with a beer sometimes. Or have the odd one at work.

31 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

In all seriousness, well done mate... brilliant stuff.

I've been one of them pointless smokers where i've never really been addicted i just smoke with a beer sometimes. Or have the odd one at work.

Better to be that kind of smoker than being truly and utterly addicted like I was.

There are times where I get very drunk (those times = every weekend) and then I'll be dying for a cigarette. So I've got one of those utter dogshite juul vapes to help me while I'm pissed, because if I buy a pack I'll do serious damage for as long as the alcohol is working on me.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Better to be that kind of smoker than being truly and utterly addicted like I was.

There are times where I get very drunk (those times = every weekend) and then I'll be dying for a cigarette. So I've got one of those utter dogshite juul vapes to help me while I'm pissed, because if I buy a pack I'll do serious damage for as long as the alcohol is working on me.

But you're not addicted anymore? :congrats: 

I'm tempted to buy one just for when i'm out. 

5 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

But you're not addicted anymore? :congrats: 

I'm tempted to buy one just for when i'm out. 

I mean, I think there's a bit of dual dependence because when I drink I feel the uncontrollable urge to get nicotine in my bloodstream. So I wouldn't say I'm completely over the addiction. But somehow I've managed to not use the vape while I'm sober and I only use it when I get pissed on the weekends because otherwise I am just dying for a cigarette. Considering I was going through around a pack and a half a day... I think that's decent progress.

I probably won't get the addiction totally under control unless I drink less or stop drinking... but I'm not going to do that unless a doctor says I have to do that otherwise I'll die

• Subscriber
On 31/07/2019 at 21:29, Dr. Gonzo said:

I probably won't get the addiction totally under control unless I drink less or stop drinking...

Bollocks chew an icy-pole stick, I normally get the sticks after the grandsons have an icy-pole around here I get the sticks and cut them with scissors into strips and chew them even when I am drinking or walking around, I am drinking now and chewing an icy-pole stick.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png.a11b42f897bd368e350c370ca1adf69a.png

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Apparently vaping has caused some weird lung diseases.

Read about that last week sometime, in America and the Virgin Islands, no reports of anything in the UK  but they still stink to the high heavens though if you are standing next to someone when they are Vaping. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I'm not surprised when you consider all the dirty chemicals that they contain. There is also little known about them.

We know what smoking can cause, while vaping could easily end up being worse for you in the end, as there has been little research in comparison. It's better the devil you know, as they say.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

That shouldn't shock anyone... All you are doing is swapping one habit for another with vaping, They try to sell it as some sort of live longer healthier and cheaper for you alternative but can't really believe that replacing a tar based product with an oil based product could be any good for you and your lungs any way you look at it.. Give it another 10-15 years and all these vaping concerns will rise to the surface as more and more people start reporting ill health issues.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

It's the money saved that hits me and the wife when we stopped and our health, of course, that's me saved £8, 626, 34 in 17 months since I have stopped and double that to add the wife's total in as she stopped long before me that's £17, 252, 68 saved at the cheapest cigarettes we bought at £7.34 for 20, and even sometimes when we have been drinking when you were allowed to smoke in a club or pub spend a lot more on the cancer sticks.

I was in the shop the other day getting a Lottery ticket and some guy was buying 40 Marlboro Lights cigarettes,  he paid out £24.80 for the 40 at £12.40 for a packet of 20, :dam:     

366641779_Screenshot_20190907-114311_QuitTracker.jpg.2cf14528e4d68ec9489653fe6c4e46df.jpg