talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup FINAL: USA 1-0 Mexico

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haiti grab one back, which isn't great for the GD and means that we must beat Canada as a draw would put us in 2nd and likely couple us against Mexico in the first knockout round. 

No bueno

Top two groups finish today. 

Winner of Group A plays 2nd in Group and vise versa, so the hope is that we can avoid Mexico, but also beating Canada would be sweet. 

712027073_ScreenShot2021-07-18at11_23_07AM.thumb.png.82bbbece2e5aa85c754bc7c3d9b296a2.png

Current Standings

968038896_ScreenShot2021-07-18at11_23_51AM.thumb.png.38fc9d9d8ac3f72b63fd7a2dd6885b0a.png

Be very interesting to see how Dike does tonight. Has been really good, and another performance makes me think that he may be making a move to Europe soon (assuming he wants to). 

The Canadiens can't seem to get on the same page defensively, as America could have 2-3 more goals. We need to go ahead and get one before they find their groove. 

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Nah honestly I really dont. Theyve just not been relevent in my lifetime and Ive always followed the German NT growing up.

Wasn't sure if the recent influx of talent has altered that at all, but fair enough. I've never been big into US MNT outside of the Gold Cup and World Cup. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wasn't sure if the recent influx of talent has altered that at all, but fair enough. I've never been big into US MNT outside of the Gold Cup and World Cup. 

Its definitely peaked my interest, I listen to alot of sports talk radio throughout my work days so I pick up on some stuff here and there but yeah thats about it. The Davies connection especially starting out with the WhiteCaps makes it hit a little more closer to home so Ill see how things go with qualification but I might tune into a few games that I wouldnt otherwise because of that.

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Its definitely peaked my interest, I listen to alot of sports talk radio throughout my work days so I pick up on some stuff here and there but yeah thats about it. The Davies connection especially starting out with the WhiteCaps makes it hit a little more closer to home so Ill see how things go with qualification but I might tune into a few games that I wouldnt otherwise because of that.

I mean from Vancouver to Bayern....if he isn't your hero, I don't know who it. xD

This game has gotten boring, and closely resembles the England vs Italy match, with the early goal and momentum, and then just a lot of sitting back and making taking the pressure off. 

The main difference is thus far we haven't let Canada score, but it wouldn't shock me if they did. 

Well we have held onto the lead and have won Group B. 

We played 1 good match, and 2 poor matches, but remain undefeated with this C level squad. 

Not too shabby but need to do better... 

Don't worry Canadiens, you still kick our ass in hockey. 

• The title was changed to 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup FINAL: USA 1-0 Mexico
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived