• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup FINAL: USA 1-0 Mexico

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, internationalsfan said:

It's lightning apparently to be fair, was just British sarcasm. Euro 2016 games were delayed due to rain, so this ain't an American thing. 

Apparently lightning is the only thing they will stop American football for because the hats attract the lightning. Perhaps they got the sports muddled up 🤣 nah in all seriousness though playing in lightning is probably very dangerous 

2 hours ago, internationalsfan said:

Jesus Christ, anyone who thinks England coverage spends too much time on the England team, need to watch some American tournament coverage. 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. 

11 hours ago, internationalsfan said:

How are Mexico and USA dealing with this clashing with the Olympics? I assume not many U23s on their first teams? 

I might stay up for Qatar v Panama to be honest, most be two of the worlds worst international teams? 

USA are playing all U23s for the most part, and probably playing their 3rd-4th string. This roster is not one that is a serious squad, which is unfortunate, but understandable. 

Mexico have a good squad, although they are worried now I'm sure now that Chucky is out. 

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. 

In the build up to the game they spent the entire time talking about the USA team and almost sneering at the teams 

17 minutes ago, Eco said:

USA are playing all U23s for the most part, and probably playing their 3rd-4th string. This roster is not one that is a serious squad, which is unfortunate, but understandable. 

Mexico have a good squad, although they are worried now I'm sure now that Chucky is out. 

Seems odd to play a U23 team when the Olympics is also U23. That said I take it European clubs aren't gagging to release players (thinking of Pulisic and McKennie in particular although they are both U23) with this clashing with preseason. 

8 minutes ago, internationalsfan said:

In the build up to the game they spent the entire time talking about the USA team and almost sneering at the teams 

Seems odd to play a U23 team when the Olympics is also U23. That said I take it European clubs aren't gagging to release players (thinking of Pulisic and McKennie in particular although they are both U23) with this clashing with preseason. 

Don't forget Reyna as well for the U23 team. 

But yeah, it is what it is. I don't think anyone is taking the Olympics too seriously. 

On 08/07/2021 at 15:31, Stan said:

Probably the best international tournament that will be played this summer. Should get more coverage.

USA should stroll this really. 

Backing Jamaica as they have Liam Moore. Looking at their squad they've got a lot of British-based players too. 

Leon Bailey & Alphonso Davies the big stars of the tournament no doubt.

Also great to see Qatar there. They really do meet the Central American criteria.

Davies out of the tournament with an injury 

2-0 Mexico now. 

It's over for poor Guatemala, who is truly dreadful. 

Mexico vs El Salvador next match to decide the winner of the group (ties goes to El Salvador)

• The title was changed to 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup FINAL: USA 1-0 Mexico
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived