talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saul Niguez Moves to Chelsea on Loan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Devil said:

They're both brilliant players to be fair. 

Technically Kimmich edges it for me though. 

I would agree. 

Goretzka for me just looks so complete and striking similarities to Ballack, who I adored. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A midfield three of Kimmich, Goretzka, and Saul is a manager's dream. 

That is seriously impressive. 

• Subscriber

This came outta nowhere if true. In fact the only rumblings Id really heard where there where going to be 0 big transfers, especially after the Upa deal was done :what: I hope its true, would be a fantastic pick up.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Kimmich is just another level though, unbelievable player. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Big Goretzka fan

Both of you are right :)

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

B2AB8DB2-CCD8-432F-8F77-BED867438E09.gif

Hasn’t he been a bit shit for a few years? Figured you’d be happy with that xD

One thing I like about him is he’s played all over the pitch for Atletico, a bit like Milner - so it feels like a Gini replacement but also with an eye on filling Milner’s place in the squad long term.

• The title was changed to Saul Niguez - Moving to Liverpool?
  • Subscriber

@Dr. Gonzo I thought there was a thread already, if someone wants to merge the threads?  Theres no chance we buy him with these kinda dollar figures thrown around but weve been forever linked with him. Think hed be a great pickup for you guys as well. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

@Dr. Gonzo I thought there was a thread already, if someone wants to merge the threads?  Theres no chance we buy him with these kinda dollar figures thrown around but weve been forever linked with him. Think hed be a great pickup for you guys as well. 

Pfft. Just can't get the staff these days :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Think he just won midfielder of the season in Spain?

I don’t think so?

Having said that, I don’t think it’s necessarily his fault he’s not looked as good for Atletico. Simeone’s changed their midfield up a bit to accommodate for changes he’s made at the back.

I think if you look at what the player is best at, he’s this excellent mix of Gini and Milner in terms of play style. So I think he would fit in really well in a Klopp midfield (assuming he settles in well, and we know Klopp gives players a while to bed in - Fabinho/Thiago). I don’t know if he’s as “press resistant” as Gini - but I think he’d be a handy replacement tbh.

Honestly, think it could be a good move for all parties if it comes ahead. We get a midfielder that on paper looks a great fit in our midfield. Atletico get a decent fee for a player that’s done a lot for them over the years but as the system has changed he’s less important - let’s them refresh the squad in a way that maybe let’s them build on their La Liga winning system. The player gets to move from a big club to a big club, with a midfield that is probably a better fit for him long term.

Tbf “shit” is probably way harsh on him. But it’s what I’ve seen some Atletico fans say about his last two seasons. But they did just win the league so he can’t have been that bad xD - he also seems loved by pretty much every one of their fans that’s said anything good/bad about him (they’re the ones who say the system change is more related to his form than his skill).

And when basically all of your fans love you, that’s a good sign.

I’m hoping this goes through, tbh

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Is there? I looked for one but I couldn’t find it.

Tbh I didn’t look very hard so there’s that xD

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hasn’t he been a bit shit for a few years? Figured you’d be happy with that xD

One thing I like about him is he’s played all over the pitch for Atletico, a bit like Milner - so it feels like a Gini replacement but also with an eye on filling Milner’s place in the squad long term.

He seems to have really fallen off in recent years. Used to look brilliant although hasn't been the same for a good while now. But moving could be what he needs.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How stupid from Barcelona though - basically paid a shitload of money to take Griezmann on loan for 2 years. And he's going to the club that won the title based off the star striker they gifted them xD

I am sure they co-pay Suarez’s salary as well

• The title was changed to Saul Niguez - Looking to Leave Atletico
  • The title was changed to Saul Niguez Moves to Chelsea on Loan

Archived