talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Small Nations Playing u21 Teams?

football forum

I've always wondered about this. Small nations like San Marino, Gibraltar etc dont have enough money to go and play teams at their level because they play on other continents. So why not play the u21 teams or b teams etc of other European nations? This does actually happening other sports. The thing is these teams can never develop. The nations league has helped but that is only a few games. I think it would he a good chance for these teams to develop?

• The title was changed to Small Nations Playing u21 Teams?
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see any incentive for said U21 or B teams to play the likes of Gibraltar or San Marino. They have nothing to gain and risk their players to injure or embarrass themselves. So why would big nations agree to waste a match of their U21 in the International slot to play these nations? It's not in their interest to develop them?

On 14/07/2021 at 15:11, Gunnersauraus said:

I've always wondered about this. Small nations like San Marino, Gibraltar etc dont have enough money to go and play teams at their level because they play on other continents. So why not play the u21 teams or b teams etc of other European nations? This does actually happening other sports. The thing is these teams can never develop. The nations league has helped but that is only a few games. I think it would he a good chance for these teams to develop?

But what's the incentive for them? And what games are these replacing?

Archived