talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Do You Like Any Albums That People Generally Don't Like?

football forum

I was talking with a friend of mine about albums/bands and once we hit a particular band we're both a fan of, Testament, I mentioned how I thought this album:

1000x1000.jpg

was an underrated gem.

He basically called me an idiot and said it's by far their worst album. Which I definitely don't agree with. So then, to prove him wrong, I googled "Testament albums ranked" and... on most sites it's universally considered their worst album.

But the album is pretty fucking excellent, imo. It's not as fast or technical as a lot of their other albums... but it is HEAVY - arguably their heaviest album.

So that got me wondering, do any of you like any "unpopular" albums? And if so... which ones?

• The title was changed to Do You Like Any Albums That People Generally Don't Like?
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/07/2021 at 16:37, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was talking with a friend of mine about albums/bands and once we hit a particular band we're both a fan of, Testament, I mentioned how I thought this album:

1000x1000.jpg

was an underrated gem.

He basically called me an idiot and said it's by far their worst album. Which I definitely don't agree with. So then, to prove him wrong, I googled "Testament albums ranked" and... on most sites it's universally considered their worst album.

But the album is pretty fucking excellent, imo. It's not as fast or technical as a lot of their other albums... but it is HEAVY - arguably their heaviest album.

So that got me wondering, do any of you like any "unpopular" albums? And if so... which ones?

Blue Oyster Cult, any album really, but more specifically the stuff in the later 70's/early 80's.  I wouldn't say the got better with age necessarily, but they put out some gems like Cultosaurus Erectus and Fire of Unknown Origin before breaking up and shitting the bed.  I don't know anyone else that would give them the time of day.

Just thought of another one.  Silverchair was all the rage back in the 90's grunge movement with the Frogstomp album.  Can't fucking stand that album, however I loved the more mellower Simple Modern album that came many years later, after they had grown up and learned how to play their instruments.  Pretty sure I got called "gay" for liking it by one of my friends at the time lmao.

Archived