talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tokyo 2020 Olympics

football forum

• Administrator

Successful Olympics for GB.

Only two fewer than Rio. Record-breaking 25 different sports that medals have been won in, too.

GB have some serious super-human athletes.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Is it true in the USA they're reporting that they've won the olympics? xD

Short answer - no. 

We do keep up with the medal count and the gold medals, but I have never heard anyone say we 'won' the olympics. 

But any stretch, this was a poor Olympics for America. Gymanstics didn't perform as well as expected, nor did Women's Soccer, Men's Track & Field, and others. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Short answer - no. 

We do keep up with the medal count and the gold medals, but I have never heard anyone say we 'won' the olympics. 

But any stretch, this was a poor Olympics for America. Gymanstics didn't perform as well as expected, nor did Women's Soccer, Men's Track & Field, and others. 

There was a lot of online stuff reporting that you guys were choosing to ignore gold medal tallies and only focusing on total tallies. I saw lots of Americans celebrating their un catchable "lead"xD

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

There was a lot of online stuff reporting that you guys were choosing to ignore gold medal tallies and only focusing on total tallies. I saw lots of Americans celebrating their un catchable "lead"xD

Ah, please don't think Americans on reddit and other online forums are the majority of Americans. 

It was also one of, if not, the worst Olympics here in terms of viewership. So most likely most of those people didn't watch shit. 

There was a lot of coverage to the smaller countries that either won their first medal, first gold, or just overcame the odds. 

15 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Maybe weirdos on the internet, but not really the US sporting media. Some people are really down on how America did in the Olympics xD - I don't really understand anyone caring that much about it. Although, I guess the Super Powers & the Russians who can't say they're competing for Russia really really do care though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived