talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tokyo 2020 Olympics

football forum

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Canada beat Brazil on penalties! USA getting through as well despite their poor group showing. 

Wasn’t too poor, but for their standards and history I guess I agree! Sweden are very good…

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yesssssssssssss! :German:

Love this. Nothing against Djokovic but RF will forever be my number one 🐐 no matter what. But now they’re all equal on slams I sadly enjoy seeing the other 2 lose. Novak will always be my least favourite of the 3. It’s always good seeing young talent come through, even more so against Novak. 

Hopefully someone like the Zverev brothers can stop ND from doing the calendar slam. 

Best of luck in the final. I hope your country get behind him as much as we did behind Murray in the last 2 Olympics. 

On 30/07/2021 at 06:45, Eco said:

I used to love the rivalry between Thor-pedo and Phelps. Those were absolutely brilliant. 

Phelps was different class!

Ledecky showed her class in the 800m, Titmus got closer than I thought!

• Administrator

Decent day to watch. 

Woke up to the BMX, GB smash it with Worthington pulling off some crazy moves. Unreal watching it. 

Then watched the 7-way playoff for Bronze in the Golf. Quite tense! 

Then Rojas smashed the world record for triple jump. Huge jump! 

Then just watched the mens high jump be shared by Italy and Qatar after they finished level. It was put to the 2 competitors what they want to do, the Qatari said 'let's share it' and they decided to share the gold. Love that. Even more so that Tamberi (?) the Italian was injured last year so would have missed out. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Decent day to watch. 

Woke up to the BMX, GB smash it with Worthington pulling off some crazy moves. Unreal watching it. 

Then watched the 7-way playoff for Bronze in the Golf. Quite tense! 

Then Rojas smashed the world record for triple jump. Huge jump! 

Then just watched the mens high jump be shared by Italy and Qatar after they finished level. It was put to the 2 competitors what they want to do, the Qatari said 'let's share it' and they decided to share the gold. Love that. Even more so that Tamberi (?) the Italian was injured last year so would have missed out. 

The high jump and triple jump to me were the highlight of the day. Watching Tamberi look at Barshim and then he goes "lets share it" was a super sportsman moment. Rojas was also superb.

The only other big thing today was India moving into the semis of Mens Field Hockey against Great Britain.

Volleyball is my favorite sport to watch at the Olympics. Men's and women's. And it's not just because Brazil is good at it.

The level is so high, increbile athleticism at display and lots of great teams. 

The games are amazing to watch.

I'm low-key rooting for Turkey to do well. I think the turkish girls are capable and deserving of winning a medal. (Hopefully not at our expense. haha)

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Volleyball is my favorite sport to watch at the Olympics. Men's and women's. And it's not just because Brazil is good at it.

The level is so high, increbile athleticism at display and lots of great teams. 

The games are amazing to watch.

I'm low-key rooting for Turkey to do well. I think the turkish girls are capable and deserving of winning a medal. (Hopefully not at our expense. haha)

I really thought Brazil was going to outdo the German's today. But that was a good game and a good comeback.

Apparently some lord was complaining about Alex Scotts Olympics commentary because she cant pronounce the letter g. I use to have a lisp so I find that pretty offensive 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently some lord was complaining about Alex Scotts Olympics commentary because she cant pronounce the letter g. I use to have a lisp so I find that pretty offensive 

I think it's clear why this bellend of a Lord was criticising her though...

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Possibly. Why is it you think that?

Just my naive assumption without much substance. A gammon-esque thing to do.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived