talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tokyo 2020 Olympics

football forum

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Olympic medalist at the age of 13. That is really hard to fathom, but absolutely incredible. 

I saw an interview of her from last year and she was saying stuff you'd expect an experienced pro to say. It's incredible.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Stan said:

I saw an interview of her from last year and she was saying stuff you'd expect an experienced pro to say. It's incredible.

Today it was all about how great it was getting to hang out with her mates & eat the food she likes. 😀 (being British-Japanese)

I guess it's a bit like gymnastics. It probably will tend to be quite young ones doing all the dare-devil stunts. I imagine it gets a bit difficult to maintain as they head into their 20's.

If anyone missed it, apparently Sky fell some 15ft or so in training a while back. Ended up in hospital with fractured skull. And a visible black eye.

Britain not doing well with injuries in the athletics.

There was Adam Gemili (never likely to medal though I believe)

Dina Asher-Smith a World 200m gold medalist out injured.

Katarina Johnson-Thompson a World Heptathlon gold medalist out injured.

Norway's Karsten Warholm was brilliant to watch in the 400m hurdles final. Usain Bolt style gold medalist.

Didn't know that those who swim in the pool also do open water swimming. xD But respect. I respect every discipline at the Olympics, but open water swimming in particular. It looks exhausting as fuck. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Bloody hell. Talk about busting a gut. 

Olympics brings the superhuman out of people. Incredible. 

Imagine if she hadn't fallen. :o What a determination. 

Why that Coldplay song though. :ph34r:

Some of the stories by NY times and BBC that China takes winning gold too seriously and whole abusing kids stuff are really sad & bit of racist., they are trying so hard lol. Every big country at this event takes them seriously for nationalistic bullshit.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Stan said:

Bloody hell. Talk about busting a gut. 

Olympics brings the superhuman out of people. Incredible. 

That's a very very crazy comeback which I watched and no matter how many times you watch it its just incredible. What's better is that she then goes on from this to win gold in the event. Simply incredible.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Cracking volleyball game between Brazil Argentina in men's volleyball 2-2 sets. I think Argentina will win this one

The athleticism on display is astounding.

Men's volleyball final between France and Russia is insane. 

France won the first two sets and now Russia tied and took it to the tie-break.

The last set should be great.

EDIT: France wins the gold. Well deserved. Ngapeth is a magnificent player. One of the best of his generation.

Ah, I love the marathon in the Olympics, and Kipchoge is NOT disappointing as he is absolutely leaving everyone in the dust with 5-ish miles left. 

What a runner. Absolutely unreal . The Marathon GOAT if there ever was one. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Ah, I love the marathon in the Olympics, and Kipchoge is NOT disappointing as he is absolutely leaving everyone in the dust with 5-ish miles left. 

What a runner. Absolutely unreal . The Marathon GOAT if there ever was one. 

I feel for his compatriot in 4th! So close! Great race (well I saw last 10-12kms).

34 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Is it true in the USA they're reporting that they've won the olympics? xD

China and US both are tied at gold medals. China has only one more shot at gold while US has three. 

Just the other day NY times published an article that China takes winning gold too seriously at niche sports lol

• The topic was unpinned

Archived