talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021

football forum

Finished my first season and Alonso retired. The strange thing is that I've moved from Haas to Austin Martin. Who replaced me? Bottas. What I find that odd as Bottas won the title and was kicked out of Merc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/09/2021 at 19:14, RandoEFC said:

Lol so I just won Canada because the AI can't do pit strategy in mixed conditions and made 6 or 7 stops each compared to my 3. Mazepin tried to fuck me over by crashing out with 10 laps to go and bringing out a safety car which eliminated my 20 second lead but thankfully it was Vettel in 2nd because he made 6 stops instead of 7 like the front runners and there were 3 lapped cars between us at the restart so I built a 2 second gap and kept my nose in front.

Feel like I sort of cheated though. I was 12th just behind my team mate then the AI all just made about 3 stops in 6 laps, the first one to put on fresh inters, then they went to wets and I stayed out an extra lap because my team mate was the lead car and I was too close to pit on the same lap. This put me first and I stayed out a couple of laps or two to see my pace on the intermediates against Hamilton behind me on the wets. The rain eased off and he didn't really catch me then they all came in for inters again. If I had been ahead of my team mate I would have pitted for wets when my team said to as well 😂.

I was loading a PS4 game and the message came up saying there is a download for F1. Not checked it but it might be worth checking if you haven't already. I have a feeling that it may be Imola which has been added. 

• 3 weeks later...

This game is fucking stupid. End of my first season, Bottas won the title and left. He went to Alfa, replaced by Stroll. End of second season, Max wins the title and joins Alpine. He's replaced by Zhou. This is spoiling the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Haven't played in two weeks. Its literally impossible to get a handle on the AI difficulty right on this game. Not only does it vary wildly from track to track but you come back the year after and suddenly you're 0.8 seconds off the pace for no discernable reason. I just can't be arsed spending all weekend at each GP second guessing whether the difficulty is set right going into qualifying and then ending up either half a second behind or ahead of my current teammate Sainz. It's just too frustrating to have spent the time getting the difficulty nailed in the first season only for it to be a complete waste of time.

I expect it to get no better in future games with EA purchasing Codemasters. Shame.

On 15/11/2021 at 21:50, RandoEFC said:

Haven't played in two weeks. Its literally impossible to get a handle on the AI difficulty right on this game. Not only does it vary wildly from track to track but you come back the year after and suddenly you're 0.8 seconds off the pace for no discernable reason. I just can't be arsed spending all weekend at each GP second guessing whether the difficulty is set right going into qualifying and then ending up either half a second behind or ahead of my current teammate Sainz. It's just too frustrating to have spent the time getting the difficulty nailed in the first season only for it to be a complete waste of time.

I expect it to get no better in future games with EA purchasing Codemasters. Shame.

You should be more grateful. Not many people get an opportunity in F1. Many can't afford to get into the sport, let alone get behind the wheel of an F1 car. Only joking, I get what you mean.

Am in my third season, am now with Red Bull. Started on level 70 with Alfa Romeo, moved to Aston Martin in season 2 and cranked it up to 78. Am now on expert level (82), which is the lower end of expert. Being honest for some tracks I lower the level. But there are some I don't do this for. This season I had a shocker in Russia, but the previous season I did much better. There are tracks which I am guaranteed a win on at level 82, these are Bahrain and Imola. Melbourne I fucking hate hate along with Singapore and Monaco. Imola was tough, I did a time trial at Jeddah. The twist and turns are fucking mad as fuck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Playing on expert level. I have no clue how I win each season at Bahrain and Monza along with a few other tracks. But on some tracks it's night and fucking day. At Silverstone I'll put in the fastest first sector, then at Maggots and Becketts I'll lose a fucking second. At USA,  after turn 1 on the triple quick wavy turns. I lose so fucking time. In Mexico I'll put the quickest first sector in and in the middle sector lose around a second.

I've tried all set-ups and it's just done my head in. Was racing in Mexico on career mode in my third season. I got so pissed off that I deleted the game and switched it off. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Playing on expert level. I have no clue how I win each season at Bahrain and Monza along with a few other tracks. But on some tracks it's night and fucking day. At Silverstone I'll put in the fastest first sector, then at Maggots and Becketts I'll lose a fucking second. At USA,  after turn 1 on the triple quick wavy turns. I lose so fucking time. In Mexico I'll put the quickest first sector in and in the middle sector lose around a second.

I've tried all set-ups and it's just done my head in. Was racing in Mexico on career mode in my third season. I got so pissed off that I deleted the game and switched it off. 

The AI balancing is stupid and their cars don't get simulated like the player's. They're just on rails and changing the difficulty determines how fast they move on those rails.

This is a well known problem in the game if you read Codemasters forums. It's been the case for ages, having to adjust the difficulty from track to track and even then you go half a second faster in one sector and slower in others. I have the same in Austria where I lose almost a full second to the AI in the last two corners alone. Another one is Singapore where I lose over half a second every lap in the corner after the bridge but even it out elsewhere.

The design of the game is lazy and they won't improve it. It's like FIFA, they invested their development this year in the Braking Point story mode just so they could build a marketing campaign around it. Same with the My Team mode for F1 2020. They won't put their development time into improving the physics and AI because they can't market that to the masses.

It's a shame, neither of us are looking for a hard-core racing simulator but a vaguely realistic experience would be nice.

16 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The AI balancing is stupid and their cars don't get simulated like the player's. They're just on rails and changing the difficulty determines how fast they move on those rails.

This is a well known problem in the game if you read Codemasters forums. It's been the case for ages, having to adjust the difficulty from track to track and even then you go half a second faster in one sector and slower in others. I have the same in Austria where I lose almost a full second to the AI in the last two corners alone. Another one is Singapore where I lose over half a second every lap in the corner after the bridge but even it out elsewhere.

The design of the game is lazy and they won't improve it. It's like FIFA, they invested their development this year in the Braking Point story mode just so they could build a marketing campaign around it. Same with the My Team mode for F1 2020. They won't put their development time into improving the physics and AI because they can't market that to the masses.

It's a shame, neither of us are looking for a hard-core racing simulator but a vaguely realistic experience would be nice.

Australia and Singapore are horrible. I've not played breaking point, but I 100% can't be bothered with it now.

I thought there was a way around it. The section where you create your own calendrer. I thought I'd add tracks on I do well at twice but still add some of the ones I don't do well on. This way on a higher level I'll have a chance at winning the title. I set it all up and then realized you have to play as a current F1 driver. I wanted to create my own calendar while playing under my own profile like in career mode.

I'm just going to wait for the new Grand Turismo in March, not the same but will be more enjoyable. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Australia and Singapore are horrible. I've not played breaking point, but I 100% can't be bothered with it now.

I thought there was a way around it. The section where you create your own calendrer. I thought I'd add tracks on I do well at twice but still add some of the ones I don't do well on. This way on a higher level I'll have a chance at winning the title. I set it all up and then realized you have to play as a current F1 driver. I wanted to create my own calendar while playing under my own profile like in career mode.

I'm just going to wait for the new Grand Turismo in March, not the same but will be more enjoyable. 

I'm pretty sure you can do it at the start of each season of career mode.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm pretty sure you can do it at the start of each season of career mode.

Not sure, too late I've deleted the game and never want it play it again lol.

Bet the members reading this thread think we are a right pair of weirdos with our rants.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not sure, too late I've deleted the game and never want it play it again lol.

Bet the members reading this thread think we are a right pair of weirdos with our rants.

You think others read this thread? :ph34r:xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2021 at 23:26, Tommy said:

Ooooh yes. Please. Give me a decent F1 management game again. I absolutely played the shit out of Grand Prix Manager 2 when I was a kid. Even updated it with mods until not that long ago. Nothing ever came close to it. Motorsport Manager was good, but it still didn't feel the same. I need a solid F1 Manager game in my life. 

Next summer I think.

https://www.cityam.com/were-in-a-great-place-frontier-developments-charts-robust-growth-despite-release-hiatus/

Decided on another approach to this game. Installed it again and will create my own calender. Can choose a max of 24 tracks. Decided to choose the ones I enjoy, win on or come close on with some shit ones thrown in.

Chose a 24 race season. You can still choose all the normal settings. I decided to play on expert, number 80. I'll keep it at this level all season.

You can't have your own profile so I'll be playing as Charles at Ferrari.

I also got an inbox message saying the drivers and cars performances have been updated post season.

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/01/2022 at 19:38, Danny said:

Just bought this for £21 on PS Store, not properly played an F1 game since I was about 6/7 years old. Pretty sick actually

Hope you stop Lewis winning an 8th title.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Finally.

I bet it's shite though (sorry).

I really really hope it's good. Grand Prix Manager 2 defined my childhood. I spent so many hours playing this game. Even recorded my own commentary and implented that into the game etc. xD

I quite liked Motorsport Manager, but it didn't have the same feel to it. I hope the new game really proritises game play and mechanics rather than fancy graphics. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Bought F1 2021 for PC for 15 Euros just for the lulz. Looking forward to race online against other idiots. 

Warning, RondonEFC is good at this game.

• The title was changed to F1 2021

Archived