talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hungarian GP - 30th July -1st August

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope Max can race. Surely he got a concussion from that wreck, and maybe some damage to his ribs which would make it near impossible to breath at that speed. 

57 minutes ago, Eco said:

I just hope Max can race. Surely he got a concussion from that wreck, and maybe some damage to his ribs which would make it near impossible to breath at that speed. 

Nope, nothing. Max is a cyborg confirmed. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

People seem to hate this track and I get why because it's hard to overtake, although I think the change they made to turn one a few years ago now sees some good racing through turns 2-3. I always look forward to this Grand Prix. One of those which should be a run of the mill race on paper but always throws something up, at least it has since I got into the sport. There's been some great wet races here. Even without rain you get some drama or some good tactical battles going on. It's also one of those tracks where the driver can make a big difference in qualifying and then actually has a genuine chance of holding onto a higher position ahead of faster cars throughout the race because DRS isn't as overpowered here. Look out for the likes of Leclerc and Norris getting their noses in front of Bottas and or Perez, and Russell getting in the mix with the likes of Alonso, Vettel and Gasly.

• Subscriber
On 18/07/2021 at 21:27, Eco said:

Or he’s just absolutely fine. There’s always that. 

19 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Or he’s just absolutely fine. There’s always that. 

U alright? You've taken this off incident rather personal it appears. 

Yes, Max has been cleared and escaped all injuries, but that was posted before we were told (or at least I found out) that he was out of the hospital and given a clean bill of health. 

Just now, nudge said:

Surely mind games at this point?

Also, are you the editor of PlanetF1 or something? :4_joy: 

Ha ha. I avoid the comments section even so there are some top posters. For every good poster there are 10 muppets. I like the site because they get stories and interviews reported on quite quickly.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Eco said:

U alright? You've taken this off incident rather personal it appears. 

I’m just used to defending him to friends, fellow F1 fans.. everyone. He’s so hated by so many people. However… as I said in the other thread. Keep up the good discussion and posts 😘.

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

I’m just used to defending him to friends, fellow F1 fans.. everyone. He’s so hated by so many people. However… as I said in the other thread. Keep up the good discussion and posts 😘.

Yeah mate, totally understandable, and honestly just figured part of it was due to all the non-racing B.S. Lewis has to put up with because of his race. I think we all love wheel to wheel racing and we are all glad everyone involved is safe. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah mate, totally understandable, and honestly just figured part of it was due to all the non-racing B.S. Lewis has to put up with because of his race. I think we all love wheel to wheel racing and we are all glad everyone involved is safe. 

Yeah I’m fucking fed up of it tbh. So passionately against hatred for our sportsmen and women and racism in particular. The amount of drunk hugs and passionate chats I have with black taxi drivers is unreal. To the point they offer me free fare xD

But yes in all seriousness it was misplaced anger. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh dear. Red Bull have lodged a petition for a review.

Certainly not surprising as Lewis still won. 

Have they ever taken away a victory over a week after it finished? 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Certainly not surprising as Lewis still won. 

Have they ever taken away a victory over a week after it finished? 

No, and that would definitely set a bad precedent.

But I think this is just a part of psychological warfare, anyway...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, and that would definitely set a bad precedent.

But I think this is just a part of psychological warfare, anyway...

They could just give him a pit stop start at the beginning on Hungary. I'd be okay with that. 🤭

I feel like this weekend is being over-hyped. Nothing major will happen in my opinion. I feel this is a RB track and if Max gets through the first couple of laps unscathed. He should walk this race.

• Subscriber
Just now, MUFC said:

I feel like this weekend is being over-hyped. Nothing major will happen in my opinion. I feel this is a RB track and if Max gets through the first couple of laps unscathed. He should walk this race.

I reckon Max's engine doesn't survive the race and he has another DNF.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived