talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hungarian GP - 30th July -1st August

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I thought RB would nail pole easily as it's their kind of track, despite LEwis's record here. Going from what Nudge said about the possibility of the RB engine blowing during the race. Am wondering, did RB have the engine turned down in order to preserve it?

20210801_120418.thumb.jpg.6faef06a4b17b346209dadab311526e6.jpg

I fucking knew it. Good that they changed it for the race.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Imola - huge mistake from Hamilton where he needs repairs and ends up over a minute off the lead. Perfectly timed red flag allows him to make repairs and make up all the difference to salvage 2nd place.

Baku - tyre failure for Verstappen costs him a certain victory. Worth noting here that Hamilton made a huge mistake to cost himself a huge chunk of points.

Silverstone - Hamilton and Verstappen involved in a 50/50 collision. Verstappen scores no points while Hamilton has just little enough damage to repair during the red flag and goes on to win the race.

Budapest - incident caused by Hamilton's team-mate wipes Verstappen out of P2 and Perez out of the race while he trots off into the lead.

Before anyone claims that I'm crying or hate Hamilton or whatever the usual catch phrases are when you say something negative about him, I'm only making an observation here. Hamilton is probably going to go into the mid season break leading the championship where if the luck had evened out between him and Max he would be about 40-50 points adrift. These things happen in racing but Verstappen and Red Bull really do deserve to be the clear leaders at this stage.

Still the race today is set up to be interesting now and at least Verstappen can repair his car and fight back. Stroll's hand in that first corner mess was absolutely fucking stupid, driving onto the grass.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Imola - huge mistake from Hamilton where he needs repairs and ends up over a minute off the lead. Perfectly timed red flag allows him to make repairs and make up all the difference to salvage 2nd place.

Baku - tyre failure for Verstappen costs him a certain victory. Worth noting here that Hamilton made a huge mistake to cost himself a huge chunk of points.

Silverstone - Hamilton and Verstappen involved in a 50/50 collision. Verstappen scores no points while Hamilton has just little enough damage to repair during the red flag and goes on to win the race.

Budapest - incident caused by Hamilton's team-mate wipes Verstappen out of P2 and Perez out of the race while he trots off into the lead.

Before anyone claims that I'm crying or hate Hamilton or whatever the usual catch phrases are when you say something negative about him, I'm only making an observation here. Hamilton is probably going to go into the mid season break leading the championship where if the luck had evened out between him and Max he would be about 40-50 points adrift. These things happen in racing but Verstappen and Red Bull really do deserve to be the clear leaders at this stage.

Still the race today is set up to be interesting now and at least Verstappen can repair his car and fight back. Stroll's hand in that first corner mess was absolutely fucking stupid, driving onto the grass.

Hamilton had the best start to this race, qualified fastest. Nonsense dragging him into this. 

‘trots off into the lead’ - saying stuff like this completely invalidates your point. He was deservedly leading

Also harsh on Stroll too, went on the grass to try and avoid a collision 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hamilton had the best start to this race, qualified fastest. Nonsense dragging him into this. 

‘trots off into the lead’ - saying stuff like this completely invalidates your point. He was deservedly leading

Also harsh on Stroll too, went on the grass to try and avoid a collision 

Exactly what I was talking about. Apparently because I used "trots off into the lead" all of those factual things that I mentioned happening are invalid. Instead you challenge a point I never made about whether he deservedly leads this race or not, which I made no mention of at all. He got pole and a good start, of course he deserved to be in the lead. Of course I'm dragging him into it though. He's incredibly lucky in the context of the championship that his main rival has been wiped out. That's undeniable.

What the fuck am I now watching? 😆

• Subscriber

Mercedes and Hamilton just proving my exact point there. Verstappen taken out through no fault of his own. Mercedes completely bungling an open goal victory with bad strategy. They simply don't deserve to lead the championship going into the break as far as I'm concerned but them's the breaks. 

Can Lewis still win? Maybe. Verstappen has enough pace to run in the pack but he can't get past Schumacher and he was under pressure from Gasly before. Hamilton has to get through A LOT of cars to compete for the win while Ocon and Vettel are putting a second a lap on the field so long as Latifi holds 3rd place.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived