The better place to talk football.

Hungarian GP - 30th July -1st August

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Vettel likely to be disqualified as there was too little fuel in his car after the race. Only 0,3 liter could be extracted.

Utter shite rule as well.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Utter shite rule as well.

Why? They only have to provide 1 litre sample for the test, which is done in order to avoid teams messing about with illegal fuel composition. Fair enough, I'd say.

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Vettel likely to be disqualified as there was too little fuel in his car after the race. Only 0,3 liter could be extracted.

Why is that a thing? I don't understand the reasoning...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Why is that a thing? I don't understand the reasoning...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Why? They only have to provide 1 litre sample for the test, which is done in order to avoid teams messing about with illegal fuel composition. Fair enough, I'd say.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Just saw this. 

That is still a weird thing...couldn't they just control and check that BEFORE a race? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Just saw this. 

That is still a weird thing...couldn't they just control and check that BEFORE a race? 

I guess they could, but then what stops the team from adding something into the fuel after the check?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

A disqualification is harsh for the driver though. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I guess they could, but then what stops the team from adding something into the fuel after the check?

Video cameras, having it under lock and key that only an official can open...

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

A disqualification is harsh for the driver though. 

Agree, as its the mistake of the team, but technical regulations are technical regulations. If you only punished the team with a fine, I think most teams would gladly mess about with the fuel and pay the fine if they can't provide a sample.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Video cameras, having it under lock and key that only an official can open...

That's a bit too much, no? Also, would they be locking the fuel tank on the car and have an officer monitoring it all the time as well? I don't think the regulation needs changing. If anything, it also prevents cars running out of fuel and stopping in the middle of the track on the last laps of the race.

• Subscriber

Vettel disqualified. Hamilton up to P2 and Sainz P3. Williams get 7th and 8th and Ricciardo ends up with a point.

Double whammy for Aston Martin as it also boosts both Alpha Tauri cars along with Alonso giving Alpine 37 points in total. The three teams were neck and neck going into the race.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

How is not having enough fuel a shit rule xD?

I'm guessing you haven't read the other comments but I thought it was justified enough by saying 'it was harsh for the driver'. Vettel is totally blameless for fuel consumption. Literally out of his control in how that goes, he finishes 2nd, and has that totally stripped away from him. 

• Subscriber

Aston Martin intend to appeal, saying that calculations show there should still be 1.4l in the car, they are just not able to extract it - potentially due to a fuel pump failure. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Aston Martin intend to appeal, saying that calculations show there should still be 1.4l in the car, they are just not able to extract it - potentially due to a fuel pump failure. 

Ocon's fault.

Hamilton up to P1!!

• Subscriber

If they're out of fuel that's a huge fuck up from Aston Martin because there was enough time in that race where Vettel could have turned the fuel mix down and not lost any time behind Ocon. This just doesn't happen so I'm inclined to believe that there was in fact enough fuel in the car. I don't know what will happen or whether there's any precedent but I imagine the team have at least some grounds to appeal the penalty.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ocon's fault.

Hamilton up to P1!!

No - Ocon did an extra victory lap which will be result in some rule be broken and thus vaulting Hamilton to P1. 😆

42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If they're out of fuel that's a huge fuck up from Aston Martin because there was enough time in that race where Vettel could have turned the fuel mix down and not lost any time behind Ocon. This just doesn't happen so I'm inclined to believe that there was in fact enough fuel in the car. I don't know what will happen or whether there's any precedent but I imagine the team have at least some grounds to appeal the penalty.

Fuel mixes can't be changed mid-race anymore.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Fuel mixes can't be changed mid-race anymore.

Okay, they could have told him to lift and coast instead for a few laps. The idea of them actually being below the required fuel load seems bizarre.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived