• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hungarian GP - 30th July -1st August

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

MAx has had bad luck. But people seem to forget that for a few years he was fucking everyone's race up nearly every weekend. When he was dishing it out what did MArko and Horner used to say? They'd shrug their shoulders and say, well that's racing. 

• Subscriber
On 01/08/2021 at 17:48, Whiskey said:

Apparently Lewis is still suffering from the long term effects of Covid.

Wonder if this is the reason behind his errors this season? Or maybe he's just having an error-prone season. I saw his interview yesterday about his Covid issue. He said his intensity in training is different etc. I actually believe he isn't training as hard, to me he looks a touch chubby like he's putting weight on. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Wonder if this is the reason behind his errors this season? Or maybe he's just having an error-prone season. I saw his interview yesterday about his Covid issue. He said his intensity in training is different etc. I actually believe he isn't training as hard, to me he looks a touch chubby like he's putting weight on. 

He has been poor against his usual standards, so wouldn't be surprised if it's the long term effects from Covid. 

Hopefully he can use the summer break to recover and find his form again, which to be honest he usually does.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

He has been poor against his usual standards, so wouldn't be surprised if it's the long term effects from Covid. 

Hopefully he can use the summer break to recover and find his form again, which to be honest he usually does.

I want to nurse LEwis back to full recovery. 

34 minutes ago, MUFC said:

MAx has had bad luck. But people seem to forget that for a few years he was fucking everyone's race up nearly every weekend. When he was dishing it out what did MArko and Horner used to say? They'd shrug their shoulders and say, well that's racing. 

He joined F1 when he was just a teenager. What did people expect? He was always a speed demon, but he also matured a lot in the last 2-3 years. 

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Horner is a colossal hypocrite but in this thread we've been talking about this season. When has Max actually crossed the line this year? Even at Silverstone, the verdict ended up being shifted from 60/40 Hamilton's fault to 50/50 after a huge effort from his fan boys. And when the responsibility is shared it is indeed very unlucky for one driver to score no points while the other bags 25. This part is just objective fact, not opinion. They've gone wheel to wheel in Bahrain, Imola, Portimao, Barcelona twice and Paul Ricard without incident this year. Neither of them can be accused of persistently pushing the limit so far this year.

I don't know if you were watching F1 at the time but Hamilton was just as controversial as a young driver as Max was. From 2008-2010 he had some really bad phases of crashing and colliding with other guys. They almost all go through the same thing. Vettel did as well in the 2009-2010 phase of his career. What all these drivers have in common is that they were in top cars within the first couple of years of their careers. Most drivers get it out of their system in the midfield when it doesn't affect race wins and championships but drivers like Max and Lewis are under a more intense spotlight because they find themselves in big teams early on.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Day 1032 of Hamilton hate.

Lovely.

Who are you talking to, genuinely? The only irrational takes pretty much all season have come from the Hamilton fan club. I honestly can't remember the last time someone said something unfairly negative towards him apart from when Tommy has done it clearly tongue in cheek.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Horner is a colossal hypocrite but in this thread we've been talking about this season. When has Max actually crossed the line this year? Even at Silverstone, the verdict ended up being shifted from 60/40 Hamilton's fault to 50/50 after a huge effort from his fan boys. And when the responsibility is shared it is indeed very unlucky for one driver to score no points while the other bags 25. This part is just objective fact, not opinion. They've gone wheel to wheel in Bahrain, Imola, Portimao, Barcelona twice and Paul Ricard without incident this year. Neither of them can be accused of persistently pushing the limit so far this year.

I don't know if you were watching F1 at the time but Hamilton was just as controversial as a young driver as Max was. From 2008-2010 he had some really bad phases of crashing and colliding with other guys. They almost all go through the same thing. Vettel did as well in the 2009-2010 phase of his career. What all these drivers have in common is that they were in top cars within the first couple of years of their careers. Most drivers get it out of their system in the midfield when it doesn't affect race wins and championships but drivers like Max and Lewis are under a more intense spotlight because they find themselves in big teams early on.

Who are you talking to, genuinely? The only irrational takes pretty much all season have come from the Hamilton fan club. I honestly can't remember the last time someone said something unfairly negative towards him apart from when Tommy has done it clearly tongue in cheek.

MAx hasn't crossed the line but I don't think Lewis has either. As for the shift from 60/40 to 50/50, I have no idea what this is about? End of the day each person has his own opinion. Not everybody will agree with stewards as they can be inconsistent and generally either be too soft or too harsh within their punishment or punish one driver differently from week to week for the same or similar incidents. I guess it comes down to each individual steward at the races, I'm not sure if they have different ones each race or are they the same?

Course it's a fact that MAx never scored points at Silverstone and Lewis did. But the way you've gone on about it repeatedly like the RB team have. It's been blown out of proportion. Yes it was harsh, but you seem to go on like Max is the first to crash out in a race. Nobody wants drivers finishing races like this, but it was good hard racing. It was an ego test, both didn't want to back out as it would have been a sign of weakness in a way. We've wanted this kind of fight between 2 drivers for a while but when we get it, fans of each side just moan about the outcome.

Your other question, yes I was watching F1 during LEwis's younger years. If you refer to the Silverstone thread. You'll see the part where I speak about his season long crashes vs Massa. 

I can understand the frustration and opinions. Lewis has been winning titles for years now. When this happens, fans of other drivers and neutrals will want another winner. I do want LEwis to win the title but I don't want him to walk away with it. After the break, Spa and Monza will give us another indicator of how they both compare on the power tracks after the MErc upgrades.   

• Subscriber

Very interesting article in AMuS today about Honda and Mercedes engine speeds and theories of why the RB seems slower while the Mercs seem faster again since a few races. In German, but automatic translation should be good enough. 

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/f1-motoren-honda-mercedes-vergleich-leistung/

• Administrator

Yes! Saw that too yesterday @nudge.

Great effort to finish the race with that kind of extensive damage. In fact I don't think any other driver in the world or history of F1 would be able to do that. 

Should have won Driver of the Day. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Another annoying thing is managers who never give you holidays on short notice. But other fuckwits always get them.

Is this Lewis' fault or...?

• Subscriber

Red Bull suggested that the same thing would apply to one of their engines recently. I think it was Perez this weekend. Surely they need to consider making an exception for engines that have been destroyed by collisions with other drivers where the owner wasn't penalised, rather than engine wear. It's not like teams are going to actively try and get their cars written off to try and exploit such a rule.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Red Bull suggested that the same thing would apply to one of their engines recently. I think it was Perez this weekend. Surely they need to consider making an exception for engines that have been destroyed by collisions with other drivers where the owner wasn't penalised, rather than engine wear. It's not like teams are going to actively try and get their cars written off to try and exploit such a rule.

A grid penalty penalty sounds harsher than normal too. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived