talkfootball365

Hungarian GP - 30th July -1st August

Imola - huge mistake from Hamilton where he needs repairs and ends up over a minute off the lead. Perfectly timed red flag allows him to make repairs and make up all the difference to salvage 2nd place.

Baku - tyre failure for Verstappen costs him a certain victory. Worth noting here that Hamilton made a huge mistake to cost himself a huge chunk of points.

Silverstone - Hamilton and Verstappen involved in a 50/50 collision. Verstappen scores no points while Hamilton has just little enough damage to repair during the red flag and goes on to win the race.

Budapest - incident caused by Hamilton's team-mate wipes Verstappen out of P2 and Perez out of the race while he trots off into the lead.

Before anyone claims that I'm crying or hate Hamilton or whatever the usual catch phrases are when you say something negative about him, I'm only making an observation here. Hamilton is probably going to go into the mid season break leading the championship where if the luck had evened out between him and Max he would be about 40-50 points adrift. These things happen in racing but Verstappen and Red Bull really do deserve to be the clear leaders at this stage.

Still the race today is set up to be interesting now and at least Verstappen can repair his car and fight back. Stroll's hand in that first corner mess was absolutely fucking stupid, driving onto the grass.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Imola - huge mistake from Hamilton where he needs repairs and ends up over a minute off the lead. Perfectly timed red flag allows him to make repairs and make up all the difference to salvage 2nd place.

Baku - tyre failure for Verstappen costs him a certain victory. Worth noting here that Hamilton made a huge mistake to cost himself a huge chunk of points.

Silverstone - Hamilton and Verstappen involved in a 50/50 collision. Verstappen scores no points while Hamilton has just little enough damage to repair during the red flag and goes on to win the race.

Budapest - incident caused by Hamilton's team-mate wipes Verstappen out of P2 and Perez out of the race while he trots off into the lead.

Before anyone claims that I'm crying or hate Hamilton or whatever the usual catch phrases are when you say something negative about him, I'm only making an observation here. Hamilton is probably going to go into the mid season break leading the championship where if the luck had evened out between him and Max he would be about 40-50 points adrift. These things happen in racing but Verstappen and Red Bull really do deserve to be the clear leaders at this stage.

Still the race today is set up to be interesting now and at least Verstappen can repair his car and fight back. Stroll's hand in that first corner mess was absolutely fucking stupid, driving onto the grass.

Hamilton had the best start to this race, qualified fastest. Nonsense dragging him into this. 

‘trots off into the lead’ - saying stuff like this completely invalidates your point. He was deservedly leading

Also harsh on Stroll too, went on the grass to try and avoid a collision 

Edited by Storts
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Still in traffic on way home. On a day where the motorway is usually dead. It's a fucking bastard stand still.

You got red flagged too?

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hamilton had the best start to this race, qualified fastest. Nonsense dragging him into this. 

‘trots off into the lead’ - saying stuff like this completely invalidates your point. He was deservedly leading

Also harsh on Stroll too, went on the grass to try and avoid a collision 

Exactly what I was talking about. Apparently because I used "trots off into the lead" all of those factual things that I mentioned happening are invalid. Instead you challenge a point I never made about whether he deservedly leads this race or not, which I made no mention of at all. He got pole and a good start, of course he deserved to be in the lead. Of course I'm dragging him into it though. He's incredibly lucky in the context of the championship that his main rival has been wiped out. That's undeniable.

What the fuck am I now watching? 😆

• Upvote 1

Mercedes and Hamilton just proving my exact point there. Verstappen taken out through no fault of his own. Mercedes completely bungling an open goal victory with bad strategy. They simply don't deserve to lead the championship going into the break as far as I'm concerned but them's the breaks. 

Can Lewis still win? Maybe. Verstappen has enough pace to run in the pack but he can't get past Schumacher and he was under pressure from Gasly before. Hamilton has to get through A LOT of cars to compete for the win while Ocon and Vettel are putting a second a lap on the field so long as Latifi holds 3rd place.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Just got home - wtf happened here? 

Bottas bottling again, and crashing into Norris, who then crashed into Verstappen, and also taking Perez out, with Stroll then crashing into Leclerc. Red flag, race restarted with Hamilton on intermediates and the rest of the field on slicks. Hamilton had to pit to change the tyres  next lap and dropped down to the back of the grid, but then Mercedes pulled out a successful undercut with their next pit stop and now they are moving up to win the race or at least get on the podium.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Bottas bottling again, and crashing into Norris, who then crashed into Verstappen, and also taking Perez out, with Stroll then crashing into Leclerc. Red flag, race restarted with Hamilton on intermediates and the rest of the field on slicks. Hamilton had to pit to change the tyres  next lap and dropped down to the back of the grid, but then Mercedes pulled out a successful undercut with their next pit stop and now they are moving up to win the race or at least get on the podium.

Give me Vettel and Ocon for the podium. This is great

What an eventful race this has been. Entertaining once again. Overall this season has pretty much delivered so far. Most of the races have been pretty decent with a few boring ones thrown in.

Really hope Ocon holds out but I think we'll see Hamilton work his way to the top. What a moment it'd be if Ocon won. Totally unexpected if so but would be savoured so much, like when Gasly won in France last season.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What an eventful race this has been. Entertaining once again. Overall this season has pretty much delivered so far. Most of the races have been pretty decent with a few boring ones thrown in.

Really hope Ocon holds out but I think we'll see Hamilton work his way to the top. What a moment it'd be if Ocon won. Totally unexpected if so but would be savoured so much, like when Gasly won in France last season.

Wait what xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

This is a superb battle and racing from Alonso and Hamilton.

Not sure what Lewis is moaning about there.

Everyone moans when they can't pass. 

Alonso locks up and leaves the door up for Lewis. 

• The topic was unpinned