• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cheick Tiote Passes Away Aged 30

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cure said:

Fucking hell. I know I'm busy but this stuck me quite badly. I remember having huge respect for Chieck and really liking him as a player and as a person. Thirty is far too young to die and for such a player to go this young is horrible. It doesn't fill me with hope for my future and just proves that we could go at any time.

I wouldn't let it effect you, the chances of dying at 30 from any cause are minimal, natural causes barely plausible. I guess this poor fella would have one these horrible genes which only cause death rarely but linger there. Seems to be more common in men of African heritage.

Rip:

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Toony said:

With it being Ramadan, you have to question whether his body was ready for training, it'll be the first time he's trained through Ramadan in his career too.

:( 

eh?

Ramadan happens every year. it's a month in the Islamic calendar. He'd have played and trained during Ramadan before. 

Just now, Stan said:

eh?

Ramadan happens every year. it's a month in the Islamic calendar. He'd have played and trained during Ramadan before. 

Is it at the same time every year? 

Yeah absolutely lovely words from Alan Pardew there, perfectly put. 

Seen the news on my break today at work, literally couldn't believe it. Absolutely gutted. Some great moments and memories of him, the Arsenal game that Pardew mentions being one of them. His performance against Manchester United when we done them 3-0 was one of the best individual displays I've seen from an NUFC player. Also enjoyed sharing a Haribo with him and Papiss Cisse in the Ukraine after the Kharkiv away game.

R.I.P. Thanks for the memories.

31 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Yeah absolutely lovely words from Alan Pardew there, perfectly put. 

Seen the news on my break today at work, literally couldn't believe it. Absolutely gutted. Some great moments and memories of him, the Arsenal game that Pardew mentions being one of them. His performance against Manchester United when we done them 3-0 was one of the best individual displays I've seen from an NUFC player. Also enjoyed sharing a Haribo with him and Papiss Cisse in the Ukraine after the Kharkiv away game.

R.I.P. Thanks for the memories.

Muslims arent supposed to eat Haribo, they contain pig skin, it's what makes them chewy. What have you done!!!

• Subscriber

Had someone come up to me at work earlier and tap me on the shoulder saying "you know Cheick Tiote the old Newcastle player? He's died" and felt a real chill go through me. Frightening to think it's someone of that age, totally out of the blue. Someone so fit and someone who has put so much into their health. It's very sad. RIP.

It makes me wonder if there are real knock-on effects to being a footballer. For all their fitness helps them on the pitch I wonder if the training is so rigorous that it's actually badly affecting health in another way.

Archived