talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2021/22 - [1. Spieltag] - 23-25th July, 2021

football forum

13 hours ago, nudge said:

Just awful. No excuses, with most of the last season's players still in the squad, we should have won it - instead, Hannover was the better team and we're lucky to get a draw today. I do think a lot of it is psychological, but it's so frustrating to see the same shit like in the last few years.

We will have to wait and see what Tommy's lot do today, but interesting that nudge says the above after watching 04 with only one of last season's players making the same - or similar - mistakes and losing out.  Not sure which is the better idea.  perhaps we should swap half of ours with half of hers and try that!!!  Maybe a session during which they sit down and introduce each other so that next time they take the pitch they know the guy with the ball and acan get some idea of what to do with it rather than give it away all the time.  Some decisions strange too - leaving out Becker and young Eggestein seemed daft to me, particularly after their pre-season games, but then we are only some of those on the side and don't count anyway.  I'm looking to Fortuna to get their act together and score a load - life will then start to get back to something like normal - if anybody doubts what a strange start this is just check out predictions in the BL2 thread - with rubbish like that who the heck are we to comment!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good luck!

I'll agree with the 'go' bit - not sure about the adjective! -maybe he meant it as an adverb though!

Oh and as an added question I have lost contact with my picture young man - anybody seen him lately?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

We will have to wait and see what Tommy's lot do today, but interesting that nudge says the above after watching 04 with only one of last season's players making the same - or similar - mistakes and losing out.  Not sure which is the better idea.  perhaps we should swap half of ours with half of hers and try that!!!  Maybe a session during which they sit down and introduce each other so that next time they take the pitch they know the guy with the ball and acan get some idea of what to do with it rather than give it away all the time.  Some decisions strange too - leaving out Becker and young Eggestein seemed daft to me, particularly after their pre-season games, but then we are only some of those on the side and don't count anyway.  I'm looking to Fortuna to get their act together and score a load - life will then start to get back to something like normal - if anybody doubts what a strange start this is just check out predictions in the BL2 thread - with rubbish like that who the heck are we to comment!

I have a better suggestion - let's just move down to Kreisliga, surely both us and you would manage to win a match there in the 8th division???

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Good luck!

Thank you! I'm actually really nervous and excited. Looking forward to see how we play under Preußer. Line-up looks good. And there's still a few talented players on the bench with Ofori, Kowancki, Piotrowski etc. I just hope we don't bottle it. 😬

Just now, SchalkeUK said:

I'll agree with the 'go' bit - not sure about the adjective!

A little fuck never hurt nobody. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thank you! I'm actually really nervous and excited. Looking forward to see how we play under Preußer. Line-up looks good. And there's still a few talented players on the bench with Ofori, Kowancki, Piotrowski etc. I just hope we don't bottle it. 😬

A little fuck never hurt nobody. 

Since when did the word 'little' apply to anything you did?

having rouble again with odd posts:

1:  Thanks Tommy for the 'wow' but I'm sure folks here know you never do anything by halves - always totally committed like your mate Rouwen - hope he has a great season.  As rfar as the game is concerned I can find it on Sky DE   Sportklub 4 in Croatia and Serbia,  HDtv strems and HESgol so Eco might be able to join in

7 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

having rouble again with odd posts:

1:  Thanks Tommy for the 'wow' but I'm sure folks here know you never do anything by halves - always totally committed like your mate Rouwen - hope he has a great season.  As rfar as the game is concerned I can find it on Sky DE   Sportklub 4 in Croatia and Serbia,  HDtv strems and HESgol so Eco might be able to join in

I have a sick daughter so I'll be in and out, but I'm currently watch Dusseldorf. 

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hey - nothing serious I hope - just keep her safe!

Nothing serious (I hope), just a deep and heavy cough that has been around for almost a week now. 

Wife has been struggling with mental health so she is away today so I won't be able to just sit back and watch football all day as I wish, but it's all good!

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Nothing serious (I hope), just a deep and heavy cough that has been around for almost a week now. 

Wife has been struggling with mental health so she is away today so I won't be able to just sit back and watch football all day as I wish, but it's all good!

Perfect opportunity to get your kid into football 😎

Not sure what to make of that first half - the battle between Sandhausen and F95 seems to take second place to the verbals between Hennings and Testroet seems more important - not sure what happened, but it's keeping Hennings more occupied!

Possesion in the second half needs to improve and like Fridays game, when they get it - keep it........

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fortuna finally takes the lead!

2-0 now. 

Genuinely happy for @tommy. This forum has had a rough weekend to start of the year. 

Well, outside of @chadwell 

Rouwen Hennings Fußballgott! 😍

Very weird first half were we only played well for 15 minutes. 2nd half was a bit of an improvement, and it was nice to see that we have some good reinforcements on the bench. Narey looked pretty good when he came on. Still lots of work to do, but nice to start with three points. 

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Rouwen Hennings Fußballgott! 😍

Very weird first half were we only played well for 15 minutes. 2nd half was a bit of an improvement, and it was nice to see that we have some good reinforcements on the bench. Narey looked pretty good when he came on. Still lots of work to do, but nice to start with three points. 

Would never say 'Told you so', but I told you so!😎

• The topic was unpinned

Archived