2. Bundesliga 2021/22 - [1. Spieltag] - 23-25th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Line-ups. 

Very happy for Niklas Schmidt, used to have attitude and weight problems and was deemed surplus to requirements, but then he took his last chance and impressed in the preseason; and now has a spot in the starting XI 😊 Disappointed Romano Schmid is not starting though, he and Niklas Schmidt seemed to play really well together... No Jojo Eggestein, either 😐

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Nice too see Sargent getting the start. Like watching him and Fulkrug. 

Sargent looked really good in pre-season, especially his finishing, which was his weak spot previously. Hopefully he can continue with that in league matches, too.

FÃŧllkrug, on the other hand, looked out of shape. Hope he's fit now, as we'll need his goals for sure.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Sargent looked really good in pre-season, especially his finishing, which was his weak spot previously. Hopefully he can continue with that in league matches, too.

FÃŧllkrug, on the other hand, looked out of shape. Hope he's fit now, as we'll need his goals for sure.

He always looks a bit heavy to me, which is part of his appeal. haha

• Subscriber

Disappointed. We're extremely nervous; need to score a goal to finally get over it. If we concede though, I think we'll fall apart completely again.

Hannover a slightly better team in the first half imo, Muslija's shot by far the best chance so far.

Just now, nudge said:

Disappointed. We're extremely nervous; need to score a goal to finally get over it. If we concede though, I think we'll fall apart completely again.

Hannover a slightly better team in the first half imo, Muslija's shot by far the best chance so far.

Was that the rocket from outside the box? Because that was almost a stunner there.

• Subscriber

I know it's only the first half of the first match, and I don't want to be too negative and pessimistic, but I'm very skeptical of managers preferring a specific formation without having the players for it. Sargent and Agu on the wings is quite obviously not working...

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

I was surprised Mbom didn't get carded or worse. That tackle on Hult was awful.

Went for the ball and slipped... Unlucky, but no malicious intent, and considering weather conditions, not that surprising...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived