talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Demarai Gray Moves to Everton

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Lot of our fans cry arsing about this on Twitter but if we sign Townsend and Gray for a combined £1.5m and get rid of Bernard's £120k a week and maybe bring a fee in for Iwobi as well, it's good business.

For years, when we couldn't get the players we wanted we've chucked £35m or £28m at risks like Iwobi, Kean, Tosun etc. The fact is we have no wingers of note, these players are being offered short term deals on reasonable wages, they're not going to get us into the Champions League are they, but at least we can restore some balance to our squad without wasting any more money.

It's very much sell-to-buy for us this summer. Dumfries is clearly our top transfer target and will be the first one we bring in if we manage to free up the finances.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Lot of our fans cry arsing about this on Twitter but if we sign Townsend and Gray for a combined £1.5m and get rid of Bernard's £120k a week and maybe bring a fee in for Iwobi as well, it's good business.

For years, when we couldn't get the players we wanted we've chucked £35m or £28m at risks like Iwobi, Kean, Tosun etc. The fact is we have no wingers of note, these players are being offered short term deals on reasonable wages, they're not going to get us into the Champions League are they, but at least we can restore some balance to our squad without wasting any more money.

It's very much sell-to-buy for us this summer. Dumfries is clearly our top transfer target and will be the first one we bring in if we manage to free up the finances.

Paul Joyce reporting interest in Dwight McNeil now too

• Subscriber

I'd love us to sign Dwight McNeil to be honest, more exciting than Townsend and Gray. A very clear strategy developing from Benitez to buy up some proper wingers so that Lucas Digne isn't the only man on the pitch to provide crosses for Calvert-Lewin. It might seem crude by the standards of modern football but at least there's a thinking of playing to our strengths behind it.

More interested in who we manage to sell this summer. Rodriguez, Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes, Holgate, Kenny all touted to get the chop if buyers can be found. I'd miss some more than others but none of them would I complain about losing if we get a bit of money in for them and some wriggle room in the wage budget.

Demarai Gray, what the hell happened to him. He looked a fantastic prospect early in his career but just seems to have completely fizzled out. 

Defo worth a punt at 1.5 Million though, peanuts for a player who at one time looked a top prospect. 

• Administrator
On 19/07/2021 at 12:46, Devil said:

Demarai Gray, what the hell happened to him. He looked a fantastic prospect early in his career but just seems to have completely fizzled out. 

Defo worth a punt at 1.5 Million though, peanuts for a player who at one time looked a top prospect. 

Attitude problems since his move from Birmingham to us and just didn't put in the effort, perhaps as a result of the attitude problems. 

The consistency just really isn't there with him. 1 good game, a few bad games, comes on a sub and does well, gets another start etc etc. Rinse and repeat. 

I can't see it being any different at Everton but I do see where @RandoEFC is coming from in terms of redressing the balance which is missing from the side currently.

• Subscriber

It's virtually risk free, just like when we signed him for little as well, but don't be expecting much. He will do the odd thing that'll make you think there's something brilliant locked away inside him but he's just forever flattered to deceive. Four managers in a row at Leicester gave him a crack, saw next to nothing in return and then benched him before he turned on the waterworks on instagram.

Be interested to see what Benitez does with him but my prediction would be he'll be at Watford or Bournemouth this time in two years.

• The title was changed to Demarai Gray Moves to Everton

Archived