Bundesliga 2021/22 - [1. Spieltag] - 13-15th August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Eco said:

Yes. He was stellar yesterday. 

What's your thoughts on the two non-penalty shouts Gladbach had late? 

The second isn't even a shout, the classic gets body position in front and throws himself to the ground.

The first was worth looking at there's definetly contact didn't look like enough to yet again throw himself to the ground. Thuram is much stronger then that imo.

I think the correct calls where made.

So, today sucked. All the excitement of a new season, some exciting new players, and fans, and we laid an absolute egg. A rotten egg. 

The Good
Vargas, it's official. I love you mate. The Swiss continues to grow and improve, and has shown to be more and more creative down the left side, and it's simply fantastic when the ball is at his feet. He created, he made things out of nothing, and had the best chance of the game which came off of an impossible angle. Bravo and I thought he was the best player on the pitch. 

Iago - Started slow and got caught a couple of times too forward, but really made some plays that really showed some spark. Made a great tackle to save one goal when it was still 0-0, and showed his speed when he needed to. Not the best day by any means, but he did show some really positive signs. 

The Bad
Niederlechner & the attack in general. No shots on target, and really no serious chances. If Floran can't get 10-ish goals this year, we are either in SERIOUS trouble for relegation or we need to have someone else stand up or someone new to come in and get some goals. Seriously, it was depressing to watch, and with this midfield which has talent from end to end, it's just awful to see all that work go to waste. This was a problem last year, and I'm worried that it'll continue this year. 

The Ugly
Gummy. I don't even know if he knew what sport we were playing today...maybe he thought we were still in pre-season? Literally the most impressive thing he did today was absolutely destroy two pieces of watermelon during the water break. 

He was slow, and was even caught jogging on 2 of the goals. He was was out of position in another goal, watching the header go in while he stood in the center of the box, alone, looking  he was staring at the clouds. 

Oh, but then while down 2-0, he received the ball down the flank when we had numbers running towards the box, and in his chance to change his performance, he crossed the ball WAY too early (no one was around him), and misplaced it to where it was easily defended by Hoffenheim. I couldn't believe he wasn't subbed off, as his backup, Framberger plays with more passion and heart. 

What's Next? 
An awful run of play. We really needed some points today, as our next matches are against Frankfurt, Leverkusen, Union, Gladbach, Freiburg, and Dortmund....

Yikes. I'd take 7 points from these matches right now if offered, but I could see us getting little to none. I hope as Maier gets more comfortable with the squad that he'll be more of a permanent fixture and be able to provide more 'sitters' for the forwards as that might be the only way we can get a goal. 

We shall see, but after today, this is NOT what I was expecting from this team. 

• The topic was unpinned

Only got to watch a few games this weekend due to family commitments.  Bielefeld v. Freiburg was a borefest.  Leeds get absolutely hammered by Scum. 

Dortmund thankfully saved the best for last.  Haaland was unstoppable and I'm so glad it was against Frankfurt after the troubles we had last year against them.  Defense looked shaky af but considering we had Passlack and Witsel starting in our back 4 I guess it could have been worse.  

Now we'll go and lay an egg on Tuesday against Bayern.  Hummels still out which is concerning, no Guerrero or Hazard either.  Hopefully the Nagelsmann trophy curse lasts another week.

Archived