talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba - Agreement with PSG

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slower league where he’ll get more of a break on the ball, talent has always been there and him being a record signing really hasn’t helped his cause but decisiveness has always been an issue for him in the Prem

Be happy when the circus is gone to be fair. For me personally I don't think he gives us enough on the field and he often looks like he's going through the motions. 

Saying that I'd expect a decent replacement. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Slower league where he’ll get more of a break on the ball, talent has always been there and him being a record signing really hasn’t helped his cause but decisiveness has always been an issue for him in the Prem

He will love it over there, like you say slower league with inferior players other than about three clubs. 

He's going to be strutting round like a peacock enjoying making inferior players look stupid. 

If I were a United fan, I'd just want as much money for him as possible. He's clearly talented, but he's also definitely not the player they thought they'd developed/signed.

I also think he'll look better at PSG, not just because generally the league is weaker - I just think he'll be better suited to their midfield. I do think there's some sort of mental issue with him - because at United, most of his time there (pre-Fernandes especially) he was asked to be the spark of anything good going forward from their midfield and... I think he failed to live up to expectations more often than not. Whereas when he's looked good for Juve or France, he's just one good midfielder in one very good midfield (tbh, that midfield he was in at Juve was world class... and you can probably say the same of France). I thought maybe Fernandes coming in would take some of that pressure off him - but I still think he's generally looked inconsistent and at times... still pretty fucking poor.

But, personally, I think if I were a United fan I would be so frustrated with him as a player and would want to see the back of him ASAP. There've been too many moments where he's just looked so disinterested on the pitch and put in performances where you'd expect someone with his reputation and talent to make a difference. As a Liverpool fan, I can stomach a shit player that's working their arse off on the pitch... but a very good player that looks so disinterested so frequently is really just unacceptable. Can imagine many United fans feel the same way.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If I were a United fan, I'd just want as much money for him as possible. He's clearly talented, but he's also definitely not the player they thought they'd developed/signed.

I also think he'll look better at PSG, not just because generally the league is weaker - I just think he'll be better suited to their midfield. I do think there's some sort of mental issue with him - because at United, most of his time there (pre-Fernandes especially) he was asked to be the spark of anything good going forward from their midfield and... I think he failed to live up to expectations more often than not. Whereas when he's looked good for Juve or France, he's just one good midfielder in one very good midfield (tbh, that midfield he was in at Juve was world class... and you can probably say the same of France). I thought maybe Fernandes coming in would take some of that pressure off him - but I still think he's generally looked inconsistent and at times... still pretty fucking poor.

But, personally, I think if I were a United fan I would be so frustrated with him as a player and would want to see the back of him ASAP. There've been too many moments where he's just looked so disinterested on the pitch and put in performances where you'd expect someone with his reputation and talent to make a difference. As a Liverpool fan, I can stomach a shit player that's working their arse off on the pitch... but a very good player that looks so disinterested so frequently is really just unacceptable. Can imagine many United fans feel the same way.

100% agree, I thought Fernandes coming in would allow Paul less pressure to be the productive midfielder and we'd get the nice two touch Paul of France. 

He's treated us really badly I'm afraid, he plays most weeks like an individual than a team player and he's not good enough to be hanging on to the ball or trying Cruyf turns on the edge of his box. 

To put it bluntly both parties aren't happy with how it's gone and I can't wait for the day he's gone.

Actually don't think I've ever disliked a United player as much, can't stand him. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Actually don't think I've ever disliked a United player as much, can't stand him. 

I think it's really easy to dislike players that don't put in the effort, especially when you can see other players that are nowhere near as talented (like say... Fred, who is a bit of a divisive figure at United too - but I'd take Fred almost any day over Pogba because even though I've seen Fred look pretty shit... I don't think I've ever seen him truly look like he doesn't give a fuck).

I don't blame you (or any other United fan) for having no time at all for Paul Pogba - I'm honestly a bit surprised how patient so much of the United fanbase has been with him considering how many times he's just gone missing and looks like he can't be arsed. Fans love when players put in shifts because we see it as them putting in the work for us. Good players that can't be bothered to put in the shift, and when you can consistently count on them to not turn up mentally, are pretty disrespectful to the club... but mostly to the fans.

17 minutes ago, Machado said:

Not a huge loss for Man United but would be a massive signing for PSG. He does need the right context and good players around him, but he's brilliant if in his comfort zone.

Will be interesting to see how well he does under a coach who has a track record of coaching individuals to massive heights whilst getting the wider team to play a good brand of attacking football. Pogba just hasn’t had that at United

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it's really easy to dislike players that don't put in the effort, especially when you can see other players that are nowhere near as talented (like say... Fred, who is a bit of a divisive figure at United too - but I'd take Fred almost any day over Pogba because even though I've seen Fred look pretty shit... I don't think I've ever seen him truly look like he doesn't give a fuck).

I don't blame you (or any other United fan) for having no time at all for Paul Pogba - I'm honestly a bit surprised how patient so much of the United fanbase has been with him considering how many times he's just gone missing and looks like he can't be arsed. Fans love when players put in shifts because we see it as them putting in the work for us. Good players that can't be bothered to put in the shift, and when you can consistently count on them to not turn up mentally, are pretty disrespectful to the club... but mostly to the fans.

I think every united fan has sympathised with him over the last five years at some point. What you've got to remember was he was the star at one point and the players around him were miles off his ability. 

We always talked about getting the best out of him with better players, well we've improved the team a lot over the last two seasons and he's still absolutely rubbish for us. We've taken the pressure off in an attacking sense and he's not offering anything still. He's still getting caught on the ball, he's still lazy in possession and he's still a liability in defensive positions. 

I just think he's vastly overated at this stage now, he's capable of insane passing and finishing but he lacks in so many other departments he will never be a top class player. He's basically living off his profile at this stage. 

Archived