talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Granit Xhaka - Joining Roma

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xhaka is weird because, I think more Arsenal fans rate him than they don't rate him (but he was regularly booed when he was the Arsenal captain, so maybe opinions are mixed on him)... but there've been so many matches where I've watched Arsenal and just thought "wow Xhaka is a liability." I think he's got a great range of passing, but sometimes he looks like such a liability and leaves things wide open for the opposition midfield to have free reign of everything. Meanwhile, when he plays for Switzerland... he looks good more often than not.

I do wonder if he sometimes just looks poor in England because he's maybe just not the best suited for our league?

But I think it's @6666 or @shut up who thinks the idea of Arsenal selling Xhaka is a terrible idea, and I doubt anyone on here watches more Arsenal than the Arsenal fans... so if they want to keep him, he's got to be better than at least his competition?

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Xhaka is weird because, I think more Arsenal fans rate him than they don't rate him (but he was regularly booed when he was the Arsenal captain, so maybe opinions are mixed on him)... but there've been so many matches where I've watched Arsenal and just thought "wow Xhaka is a liability." I think he's got a great range of passing, but sometimes he looks like such a liability and leaves things wide open for the opposition midfield to have free reign of everything. Meanwhile, when he plays for Switzerland... he looks good more often than not.

I do wonder if he sometimes just looks poor in England because he's maybe just not the best suited for our league?

But I think it's @6666 or @shut up who thinks the idea of Arsenal selling Xhaka is a terrible idea, and I doubt anyone on here watches more Arsenal than the Arsenal fans... so if they want to keep him, he's got to be better than at least his competition?

Was easily our best central midfielder last season. Might not be saying much when Ceballos didn't have a great season and Partey was still settling in but it's still weird that we're trying to move on one of our better performers. Don't know anything about Lakonga but hoping he steps up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived