talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Report Forum Bugs/Issues

football forum

Weird, the previous posting problem had nothing to do with timing.

Posts were being blocked because of content. I'll try and figure it out but it seems like that'd be an internet issue for you. Especially with everyone else being able to post without delay.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rab said:

Posts were being blocked because of content. I'll try and figure it out but it seems like that'd be an internet issue for you. Especially with everyone else being able to post without delay.

I think it is to do with the internet, I had a five,/ten minute slow loading time around lunch time but it was fine after that, I just cleared my cach and scanned the laptop just in case.

18 hours ago, Rab said:

Yep, if nobody else has a time lapse in posting then the problem may well lay with my PC. I will try another browser or just post less often.

My thanks for the reply

• Subscriber

The posting issue what people have mentioned is why I kept missing the prediction league post as I did post it but didn’t go back to check if it had posted @Stan . I demand an extra 10 points. :what:

On a serious note though guys, I figured out a way to stop my issue when that was happening. Only today.. It was when I copied your post or text. I just had to click paste as plain text or just type it myself. Then it actually submitted the post. Whereas before it would act like it had submitted it and posted but it hadn’t. 

Not sure if that’s similar to anyone else’s problems as I haven’t read alll the pages in this thread. But just thought I’d give you my 2 cents. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

On 02/09/2021 at 17:22, JoshBRFC said:

The posting issue what people have mentioned is why I kept missing the prediction league post as I did post it but didn’t go back to check if it had posted @Stan . I demand an extra 10 points. :what:

On a serious note though guys, I figured out a way to stop my issue when that was happening. Only today.. It was when I copied your post or text. I just had to click paste as plain text or just type it myself. Then it actually submitted the post. Whereas before it would act like it had submitted it and posted but it hadn’t. 

Not sure if that’s similar to anyone else’s problems as I haven’t read alll the pages in this thread. But just thought I’d give you my 2 cents. 

I went through this awhile back.  Kept pasting stuff in the text box and I would hit submit.  It acted like it submitted but the post never showed up.  It's definitely the "post as plain text" that corrected it for me.

• Subscriber

Weird, I had a few hick-cups at first but everything is running fine here in Bonny Scotland with my Virgin media as my provider and Google chrome, I had a wee bit of a go-slow scenario in the afternoon but the wife on the other laptop experienced the same but it corrected itself and running fine now when it slows down we will clear our browsing data and do a disk clean up just to make sure.

• The title was changed to Report Forum Bugs/Issues
On 18/09/2021 at 00:01, Eco said:

The only one I'm aware of at the moment, is our lack of badges. 

I had a weird posting issue the other day, but fixed it somehow without me figuring out what was the problem initially. 

Fixed.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've noticed that some people are still able to use the old emojis. I cant find then though. How do you use them now? 

Just scroll down with the new emojis amd you will find them at the bottom instead of the top.

:ay::D

I can’t post by the looks of it. I click post and it just reloads the topic and the post doesn’t appear. Tried on mobile, a different browser and on a different day.

Edit: It’s suddenly worked on my phone but not on the desktop. I was trying to post in the Newcastle thread.

Edited by carefreeluke

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

I can’t post by the looks of it. I click post and it just reloads the topic and the post doesn’t appear. Tried on mobile, a different browser and on a different day.

Edit: It’s suddenly worked on my phone but not on the desktop. I was trying to post in the Newcastle thread.

Think it might be a wee glitch, Luke, this laptop suddenly went on a slow loading episode so I just logged out and cleared my cache etc and logged back in, it seems to be ok now.

I also noticed a few times when I have logged in and I viewed the ' Users on line' my name did not appear as ' On Line'.

• Subscriber
On 09/10/2021 at 11:09, carefreeluke said:

Just a heads up on the above issue, I went to post an article and the same happened to me but it was a long script, so, I shortened the script dpwn and added a link for the full script and it worked fine. :ay:

• Subscriber
On 06/10/2021 at 18:46, Gunnersauraus said:

I've noticed that some people are still able to use the old emojis. I cant find then though. How do you use them now? 

Just another heads up on this one @Gunnersauraus, the smilies you want are the 'default' ones (48) so instead of scrolling right down just click 'categories' in the right-hand corner then click 'default (48)' and the smilies you want will pop up straight away. :ay:

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

:banana:

Well, the smilies are back in order which should make @Gunnersauraus a happy chappie, 😄

Well, I posted the above from my mobile but it looks like on the laptop the smilies are the same and the original smilies are at the bottom of the list?

Not a problem, really as long as we are up and running. :ay:

• Subscriber

I think we all have got used to this setup now, the only issue which is not a major one really is you can't delete a post, you can only edit and correct, other than that its fine by me, worked out getting my Google Chrome Grammarly plus I love the Gif feature above. 

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

@Rab
Only issue I've got still is posting a table and it doesn't submit the post. But I've been getting round that with the screenshots instead.

Can you try again for me homie?

Server admins have potentially fixed it.

• The topic was unpinned