• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PES Changing to eFootball

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Konami trying to follow the Fortnight/Warzone model of gaming, interested to see how it pans out.

https://www.ign.com/articles/efootball-pes-2022-free-to-play-renamed-release-date

I may be 'old fashioned' when it comes to computer games, but doesn't seem like they're going to have a Master League / Career mode at launch (or perhaps even at all).

The fact that clubs like Napoli and Roma have exclusive deals with this game, and I'm not even sure how you'd play with them? Don't seem to make the cut for the launch... 

18 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I may be 'old fashioned' when it comes to computer games, but doesn't seem like they're going to have a Master League / Career mode at launch (or perhaps even at all).

The fact that clubs like Napoli and Roma have exclusive deals with this game, and I'm not even sure how you'd play with them? Don't seem to make the cut for the launch... 

It's going to be a slow integration and I think the general point of it is to play your mates online instead and then later on have access to career mode, hence why they've chosen fairly big clubs from around the globe. The focus of this game is definitely on the modern gamer and to try and attract an e-sports crowd.

Aren't these games free just so they can hammer you with chargeable add on extras?

I've heard Fifa are going to go down the same route, all it will mean is an end to free content. No more free packs, no more free kits, no more free stadiums. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Aren't these games free just so they can hammer you with chargeable add on extras?

I've heard Fifa are going to go down the same route, all it will mean is an end to free content. No more free packs, no more free kits, no more free stadiums. 

No you can still buy the game itself with Fifa, you just get different about 3 different versions. eFootball is going down the route of getting people to buy specific game modes, but also it opens the game up to casual players playing it for free. I've played Warzone for the past year and not spent a penny.

I was always a PES kid until they fell off after the PS2 era, I switched back to PES like 3 years ago and haven’t looked back. Its a much better game than Fifa once you get the shitty Fifa gameplay out of your system. Im worried about this new development thought i love the master league even if it is limited thats why i buy PES.

They have always been behind FIFA, so I can understand why they're taking this approach. I just think that 9 teams only and no mention of Master League (yet) is worrying.

Think this time next year it could look good, but I think at launch it could be a bit shit and push me (and many others) towards FIFA.

• Subscriber

I dont see why they had to ditch their name and go with eFootball. Such a weird thing to do for a franchise which had a name in the market. Either ways it will be interesting to see what they do here and they're trying to keep most of the core things like the options file, etc still in pipeline. My only concern is what the pricing is going to look like for all these modes they plan on selling. The fact that they are also trying to target multiple platforms with no loss of experience is another thing that will be interesting to see on launch day and with subsequent releases post the Winter schedule.

Does Konami have anything else like this in their library? 

46 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

They have always been behind FIFA, so I can understand why they're taking this approach.

I remember a time where despite not having the teams licensed (although I also remember downloading a 3rd party data file and then uploading it onto my PS3 and it changed players' names and team kits/crests and all of that)... the gameplay and physics of PES was once far better than FIFA.

Then they changed some things and all of a sudden the game just felt like a cheap FIFA clone, which was a bit sad because it ended me being a PES loyalist and started my return back to EA's FIFA. Started to play more PES again once they got the AFC CL licensing though because I thought it was fun to play as Persepolis FC.

43 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont see why they had to ditch their name and go with eFootball. Such a weird thing to do for a franchise which had a name in the market. Either ways it will be interesting to see what they do here and they're trying to keep most of the core things like the options file, etc still in pipeline. My only concern is what the pricing is going to look like for all these modes they plan on selling. The fact that they are also trying to target multiple platforms with no loss of experience is another thing that will be interesting to see on launch day and with subsequent releases post the Winter schedule.

Does Konami have anything else like this in their library? 

I think they've been planning this for longer than we realise - because I remember when they patched the last PES all of a sudden the tile that I clicked on to start the game now said PES eFootball. So I think that was them trying to transition us to recognise the new name and branding.

As far as Konami having anything else like this in their library... not that I can think off the top of my head in terms of "traditional video games" - but in terms of "gaming" generally to include gambling, I think they've got a slot machine app for mobiles that you can download and play for free... but where you can also load up real life money into your account and play a slot machine while you take a shit or something. And I think Konami, while a legendary game developer, does make most of their money from gambling gaming machines rather than their video games.

On 21/07/2021 at 20:27, UNORTHODOX said:

I was always a PES kid until they fell off after the PS2 era, I switched back to PES like 3 years ago and haven’t looked back. Its a much better game than Fifa once you get the shitty Fifa gameplay out of your system. Im worried about this new development thought i love the master league even if it is limited thats why i buy PES.

Who wasn't, the original Pro Evolution soccer games were amazing. I actually recently bought a PS2 just so I could play it again but some things should stay in the past. I remember it being light years ahead of FIFA for realism but now it just felt like you could only run in straight lines

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Who wasn't, the original Pro Evolution soccer games were amazing. I actually recently bought a PS2 just so I could play it again but some things should stay in the past. I remember it being light years ahead of FIFA for realism but now it just felt like you could only run in straight lines

PES 6 on the Xbox 360 was where football games peaked for me. 

It's probably terrible if I went back and played it now, but remember that being the most enjoyable game to play at the time.

2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

PES 6 on the Xbox 360 was where football games peaked for me. 

It's probably terrible if I went back and played it now, but remember that being the most enjoyable game to play at the time.

International superstar soccer in the arcade was the best football game of it's time. 

I remember actually making my way into Manchester town centre so I could play it in the arcade at Piccadilly bus station. 

They made the nets like they would have them in South America at the time, baggy as hell so when you scored the ball kept going with a load of net gathered round it. 

It was basically PES but a super charged arcade version. 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Anybody actually played it? I was playing it yesterday thinking it was just a demo but no it is the actual game. Possibly the worst game i have ever played and it hurts as a PES loyalist.

After the glitches in Fifa 20 I thought they were in prime position to capitalise. What a wasted opportunity.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

After the glitches in Fifa 20 I thought they were in prime position to capitalise. What a wasted opportunity.

I think at this point they are trying to kill the franchise off completely, i would prefer Konami to sell the franchise to 2K see what they can do with it going forward because Konami have clearly giving up with this effort. Even the stadium and crowd graphics are laughably bad.

Archived