talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Men's Olympic Football - Tokyo 2020

football forum

Silly that someone merged this thread, since it's a separate international tournament and seriously needs its own thread. 

Scores already - 

Egypt 0-0 Spain
Mexico 4-1 France
New Zealand 1-0 Korea
Ivory Coast 2-1 KSA

Ongoing games - 
Argentina 0-1 Australia
Japan 0-0 South Africa
Honduras 0-0 Romania

Brazil vs Germany to being soon. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two Augsburgs players are starting in Uduokhai and RIchter. 

Rest of Germany line up is:

Muller
Henrichs
Raum
Uduokhai
Pieper
Richter
Arnold (C)
Kruse
Amiri
Maier
Stach

Haha - Richarlison had an open net, and couldn't score. That was embarressing for everyone involved. 

Why would Everton release Richarlison AGAIN after he just played in the Copa America? I'm shocked he's here. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

This is awful. 

I somewhat hope Germany get eliminated early and the boys rejoin their teams. 

Well this is what happens when you have a pretty much meaningless tournament right before the new league season... Nobody wants to play and risk it. Stefan Kuntz made a list of 100 players and called them all, only 18 agreed to go or were allowed to go - so they didn't even manage to get a full squad of 22 players...

Just now, nudge said:

Well this is what happens when you have a pretty much meaningless tournament right before the new league season... Nobody wants to play and risk it. Stephan Kuntz made a list of 100 players and called them all, only 18 agreed to go or were allowed to go - so they didn't even manage to get a full squad of 22 players...

yeah - I just hope no one gets hurt. 

To have this the same year as the Euros is just dumb. 

Like I said, I can't believe Richarlison is playing in both, but I this is very poor thus far and I can't help my chuckle at the 'Team D' on Germany's squad, but they are certainly looking like they D-Squad. 

The commentators here (of course) said that maybe Brazil will try and revenge the 7-1 drumming Brazil took in the WC against Germany. 

Imagine comparing a World Cup game to this shitty tournament...

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well this is what happens when you have a pretty much meaningless tournament right before the new league season... Nobody wants to play and risk it. Stefan Kuntz made a list of 100 players and called them all, only 18 agreed to go or were allowed to go - so they didn't even manage to get a full squad of 22 players...

It sounds like there are only 16 players. They just said that each team have 5 subs, but Germany have only 5 players on the bench. 

The more you learn, the sillier it gets. 

Just now, Stan said:

it's part of the Olympics. How is it a separate tournament?

Each event in the Olympics is its own mini tournament. 

Group Play, knockout rounds...the only difference is that this one happens to be apart of a biggest event known as the Olympics, but it's certainly still an international tournament. 

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

Each event in the Olympics is its own mini tournament. 

Group Play, knockout rounds...the only difference is that this one happens to be apart of a biggest event known as the Olympics, but it's certainly still an international tournament. 

which is part of the Olympics.

Hence an Olympics thread.

Otherwise we could just start threads for Archery at the Olympics, Swimming at the Olympics, Rowing at the Olympics, Basketball at the Olympics and so on...

Just now, Stan said:

which is part of the Olympics.

Hence an Olympics thread.

Otherwise we could just start threads for Archery at the Olympics, Swimming at the Olympics, Rowing at the Olympics, Basketball at the Olympics and so on...

Except this isn't a Rowing forum...it's a football forum. 

I don't see anything wrong with an Olympics thread and a separate Olympic Football thread. (Inset shrug emoji)

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

It sounds like there are only 16 players. They just said that each team have 5 subs, but Germany have only 5 players on the bench. 

The more you learn, the sillier it gets. 

Ah yes, I forgot Jakobs. So basically Kuntz nominated 19 players, but Vagnomann got injured, and then Dorsch and Jakobs decided not to go.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Except this isn't a Rowing forum...it's a football forum. 

I don't see anything wrong with an Olympics thread and a separate Olympic Football thread. (Inset shrug emoji)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• The topic was unpinned

Archived