talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leon Goretzka - Bayern to Man Utd?

football forum

• Administrator

Can't link due to the forum restrictions but this is the latest link this morning.

Goretzka one year left on his contract. Wants more money. Man Utd offering what Bayern can't/don't want to.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Can't link due to the forum restrictions but this is the latest link this morning.

Goretzka one year left on his contract. Wants more money. Man Utd offering what Bayern can't/don't want to.

If Pogba goes then I can see there being some truth in this, if he stays then I don't think they will buy a midfielder. 

At a reduced fee it would make amazing sense to sign Goretzka, brillaint player. 

Timo to Chelsea is the exact opposite thinking of Leon to Man U.

Leon will thrive in the tough atmosphere in the PL, Timo was never hard or harsh enough to do that - even the way they look at opposition guys is a scary difference - like blowing a kiss or punching you in the Bxxxs.  Leon and Harry would be frightening!  With his attitude to correctness, he and Marcus could start a revolution together!

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well i don't see you finishing above us, Liverpool or Chelsea this season, you in a battle for 4th with Leicester, bit of a come down from Munich don't you think?  

Maybe he see's Sancho coming to us and what we have already and he believes if he were in our team along with maybe Varane we'd be competing.

Think you're underestimating us a fair bit and I also think you forget were still one of the biggest global sports teams on the planet. We were a lot of these players favourite English club growing up because of our success.

If Barca went through a transition would players not go there?

Big club draw, we've got it whether you like it or not.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Maybe he see's Sancho coming to us and what we have already and he believes if he were in our team along with maybe Varane we'd be competing.

Think you're underestimating us a fair bit and I also think you forget were still one of the biggest global sports teams on the planet. We were a lot of these players favourite English club growing up because of our success.

If Barca went through a transition would players not go there?

Big club draw, we've got it whether you like it or not.

Sancho couldn't even make the first team at City and he still wouldn't get a game now with the wide players we have (Sterling, Foden, Mahrez) and like you pointed out with Haaland, does it matter who you support growing up? or does it matter now lol ..i think we will drop off a little this year, back to back titles is difficult but i really cant see you finishing above us with the manager and players you currently have 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Sancho couldn't even make the first team at City and he still wouldn't get a game now with the wide players we have (Sterling, Foden, Mahrez) and like you pointed out with Haaland, does it matter who you support growing up? or does it matter now lol ..i think we will drop off a little this year, back to back titles is difficult but i really cant see you finishing above us with the manager and players you currently have 

Sancho was 17 years of age when he couldn't make the first team of City, he'd walk into your squad now.

Maybe I did say that about support, I don't believe Haaland supported City because he had a City top on in that photo. I've seen Beckhams kids in all sorts of kits and also Rooneys, they were in Derby kits recently.

Let's be clear we finished second last season, people need to stop underrating United, we're hopefully going to make the correct additions to place as challengers.

I have a belief they can be up there next season if we get the right players in.

17 minutes ago, Devil said:

Sancho was 17 years of age when he couldn't make the first team of City, he'd walk into your squad now.

Maybe I did say that about support, I don't believe Haaland supported City because he had a City top on in that photo. I've seen Beckhams kids in all sorts of kits and also Rooneys, they were in Derby kits recently.

Let's be clear we finished second last season, people need to stop underrating United, we're hopefully going to make the correct additions to place as challengers.

I have a belief they can be up there next season if we get the right players in.

Who's place is he taking? not Sterling's who Foden kept out the team last season or Mahrez, all 3 of these players are better than Sancho who has only played in the weaker German league which is like championship level over here, i don't think he's any better than Zaha tbh, defiantly wouldnt play much for us  

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Who's place is he taking? not Sterling's who Foden kept out the team last season or Mahrez, all 3 of these players are better than Sancho who has only played in the weaker German league which is like championship level over here, i don't think he's any better than Zaha tbh, defiantly would play much for us  

In your opinion all three are better, I take it you've not watched much German football, I think they'd be better to make that judgement and they couldn't believe Southgate wasn't playing him.

Let's see how the season goes and we can discuss further down the line. You're very big at making big bold statements with little thought, the one earlier about Sancho not being good enough for the City first team hence why he left. In my opinion that was either stupid or bate given he was a kid frustrated he wanted to play football.

Now you've just said Mahrez, Sterling and Foden are better, yet I bet you've seen Sancho play about 5 times and are totally neglecting the fact his numbers shit on all three over the period of time he's been with Dortmund.

25 minutes ago, Devil said:

In your opinion all three are better, I take it you've not watched much German football, I think they'd be better to make that judgement and they couldn't believe Southgate wasn't playing him.

Let's see how the season goes and we can discuss further down the line. You're very big at making big bold statements with little thought, the one earlier about Sancho not being good enough for the City first team hence why he left. In my opinion that was either stupid or bate given he was a kid frustrated he wanted to play football.

Now you've just said Mahrez, Sterling and Foden are better, yet I bet you've seen Sancho play about 5 times and are totally neglecting the fact his numbers shit on all three over the period of time he's been with Dortmund.

We will see soon enough but you haven't said which City wide player he is better than? ..then as backup we have Bernardo and Torres and possibly Grealish, he just wouldn't play much for us would he

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We will see soon enough but you haven't said which City wide player he is better than? ..than as backup we have Bernardo and Torres and possibly Grealish, he just wouldn't play much for us would he

I don't need to say who he'd play ahead of, just because you think someone is better than him doesn't make that true.

His figures are better than all the players you mention and you haven't seen enough of him to suggest he's worse than any of the players you've mentioned.

I can tell you now I don't rate Mahrez as top level, he scores the odd screamer but not for me no.

Foden has bags of potential but he's still young.

Sterling was brilliant at the Euros but been absolutely crap for two years leading up to the tournament.

I like Bernardo Silva but something is missing there, Pep doesn't fancy that much now either.

Grealish, brilliant player but come on the way the media built him up this summer you'd have thought he was George Best. 

I'd say based on his numbers a lot of managers would have Sancho ahead of most of that list of players.

9 minutes ago, Devil said:

I don't need to say who he'd play ahead of, just because you think someone is better than him doesn't make that true.

His figures are better than all the players you mention and you haven't seen enough of him to suggest he's worse than any of the players you've mentioned.

I can tell you now I don't rate Mahrez as top level, he scores the odd screamer but not for me no.

Foden has bags of potential but he's still young.

Sterling was brilliant at the Euros but been absolutely crap for two years leading up to the tournament.

I like Bernardo Silva but something is missing there, Pep doesn't fancy that much now either.

Grealish, brilliant player but come on the way the media built him up this summer you'd have thought he was George Best. 

I'd say based on his numbers a lot of managers would have Sancho ahead of most of that list of players.

Ok, lets leave it here for now then  ..but his numbers mean nothing on tell he does it in the Premier League.  ..Mahrez is a top, top player btw, so underrated, the way he can take a long pass out the air and get it under instant control is world class, he'd be united's best winger 4 sure!   ..as for Grealish, we don't even need him, cant see him playing much too

Archived