talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 7th June - Italy 3-0 Uruguay

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the most blatant 0-0. Uruguay will continue long balling it while Italy will actually experiment.

1 hour ago, Toony said:

Italy will beat Uruguay comfortably. Not the team they were.

Nothing to do with their team mate. I would argue that this Uruguay side on paper are better than 2010. The reason Italy will beat them comfortably is as we've all said, Tabarez will continue being primitive while Italy will play proper football.

6 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Nothing to do with their team mate. I would argue that this Uruguay side on paper are better than 2010. The reason Italy will beat them comfortably is as we've all said, Tabarez will continue being primitive while Italy will play proper football.

Heavily disagree. That Uruguay of 2010 had a proper team. 

As for Italy, getting sick of Darmian's face. Conti should be playing RB and Spinazzola at LB. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Heavily disagree. That Uruguay of 2010 had a proper team. 

As for Italy, getting sick of Darmian's face. Conti should be playing RB and Spinazzola at LB. 

And this team doesn't?

Best forward line in the world and 2 proper center backs. Godin wasn't the same player in 2010 that he is now. Suarez still wasn't the best forward in the world.

Being fair though, Muslera was much better than he is now. Lugano was good but I'm not having that he's better than Godin in 2017.

The reason Uruguay aren't good anymore is because of how primitive and stagnant they've become.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

And this team doesn't?

Best forward line in the world and 2 proper center backs. Godin wasn't the same player in 2010 that he is now. Suarez still wasn't the best forward in the world.

Being fair though, Muslera was much better than he is now. Lugano was good but I'm not having that he's better than Godin in 2017.

The reason Uruguay aren't good anymore is because of how primitive and stagnant they've become.

No, it doesn't. Other than Suarez and Godin, it has a bunch of average or under performing players. 

Cavani was better when Forlan was with the squad. And the Lugano-Godin partnership was a solid force that few teams could penetrate. Not to mention their midfield complemented each other brilliantly. You're deluded if you wouldn't take this team over the current laughing stock that is Uruguay right now 

Forlan

Cavani----------Suarez

Pereira-------Perez

Gargano

A.Pereira---Godin---Lugano---Fucile

Muslera

Just now, Cicero said:

No, it doesn't. Other than Suarez and Godin, it has a bunch of average or under performing players. 

Cavani was better when Forlan was with the squad. And the Lugano-Godin partnership was a solid force that few teams could penetrate. Not to mention their midfield complemented each other brilliantly. You're deluded if you wouldn't take this team over the current laughing stock that is Uruguay right now 

Forlan

Cavani----------Suarez

Pereira-------Perez

Gargano

A.Pereira---Godin---Lugano---Fucile

Muslera

xDxDxD

I can totally respect your opinion, but it seems you can't do the same to me. If you give Uruguay a manager who will actually get them to play proper football, I can guarantee they'll do well. Uruguay playing garbage football has 23 points in a continent that you can't get away with playing poorly and most without Suarez. Forlan is and always has been better than Cavani, but he's still a very good forward and is a lot more clinical for Uruguay than he is for PSG.

You're calling me deluded, but the only thing deluded in this thread is calling this Uruguay side a laughingstock when on paper they are one of best teams in the world. Tabarez has turned the team way too stagnant. He calls up players like Cebolla Rodriguez who shouldn't be there.

This is probably the best Uruguay lineup now

Sosa

Caceres - Godin - Gimenez - A. Pereira

Sanchez - Torreira - De Arrascaeta

Suarez - Cavani - Lopez

and then there are players who didn't make the cut like Maurucio Lemos and Rodrigo Bentancur. If you want to talk some more, you could incorporate De La Cruz, Bueno, Mele and Schiappacasse. They are all players who could work in the team without having to risk benching the best players. Just because there are players you've never seen doesn't mean they are an awful team now.

We are all entitled to our opinions but you're being completely daft if you think this team is full of average players.

It doesn't matter if it's players I've never seen FFS.

A World Cup 4th place and Copa American winning Uruguay side vs an Uruguay side that has been knocked out in the group stages of every major tournament since should not really be put up for deliberation. That is why I am calling it deluded. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It doesn't matter if it's players I've never seen FFS.

A World Cup 4th place and Copa American winning Uruguay side vs an Uruguay side that has been knocked out in the group stages of every major tournament since should not really be put up for deliberation. That is why I am calling it deluded. 

And?

Uruguay have been awful because they play primitive tactics. it appears you have not read any of my posts. Tabarez was successful in 2010 and 2011 because he had his prime base of Uruguayan players that were still young and couldn't have been blamed for being stagnant. Now they have a very similar team. Take out Forlan and Lugano and a few other minor differences and its almost the same team. Now, he's still calling Cebolla Rodriguez who is over 31 and is back at Peñarol because he wasn't even good enough to play in the Argentina Primera Division. He can barely even run now. Uruguay's failures aren't down to the team they have, they are down to the fact that their manager is a dinosaur. Give them a manager like Sampaoli or Gareca and they will do much better than they are now.

It does matter that you haven't seen their players. Colombia was better in the 1990's then they are now yet the current team made it past the group stages as opposed to that team. I don't see what your point is. Progression is important but its not everything especially when you consider who's in charge.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion but saying this Uruguay side on paper aren't close, which was the original point is the only "deluded" thing about this thread.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

And?

Uruguay have been awful because they play primitive tactics. it appears you have not read any of my posts. Tabarez was successful in 2010 and 2011 because he had his prime base of Uruguayan players that were still young and couldn't have been blamed for being stagnant. Now they have a very similar team. Take out Forlan and Lugano and a few other minor differences and its almost the same team. Now, he's still calling Cebolla Rodriguez who is over 31 and is back at Peñarol because he wasn't even good enough to play in the Argentina Primera Division. He can barely even run now. Uruguay's failures aren't down to the team they have, they are down to the fact that their manager is a dinosaur. Give them a manager like Sampaoli or Gareca and they will do much better than they are now.

It does matter that you haven't seen their players. Colombia was better in the 1990's then they are now yet the current team made it past the group stages as opposed to that team. I don't see what your point is. Progression is important but its not everything especially when you consider who's in charge.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion but saying this Uruguay side on paper aren't close, which was the original point is the only "deluded" thing about this thread.

Righto, I'll wait for this current Uruguay side to finish 4th in the next World Cup let alone get out of the group stage and win the Copa America. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Righto, I'll wait for this current Uruguay side to finish 4th in the next World Cup let alone get out of the group stage and win the Copa America. 

I'll wait for you to learn how to read.

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

They aren't better than the side of 2010, their results recently show that.

Even Peru beat them.

On 6/5/2017 at 0:12 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Seems like the most blatant 0-0. Uruguay will continue long balling it while Italy will actually experiment.

Love a strong prediction that gets fucked up in less than 10 minutes. xD

2 minutes ago, Toony said:

They aren't better than the side of 2010, their results recently show that.

Even Peru beat them.

Can any of you lot read? xD do you or Cicero have any clue on how tactics work?

And for the record, Peru also beat them in the 2010 qualifiers and that was the worst Peru side of all time. The reason we beat them now is because we are playing good football, unlike them who are long balling it for 90 minutes.

This team for me is better, and saying they are far behind based on results shows that you haven't seen them play. They are awful and its not because of the team they have.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Can any of you lot read? xD do you or Cicero have any clue on how tactics work?

And for the record, Peru also beat them in the 2010 qualifiers and that was the worst Peru side of all time. The reason we beat them now is because we are playing good football, unlike them who are long balling it for 90 minutes.

This team for me is better, and saying they are far behind based on results shows that you haven't seen them play ever. They are awful and its not because of the team they have.

You don't win matches just because you play better football xD

And that last sentence is just utter rubbish I'm afraid. They've got an odd good player but their squad isn't a patch on what it has been in previous years.

Just now, Toony said:

You don't win matches just because you play better football xD

And that last sentence is just utter rubbish I'm afraid. They've got an odd good player but their squad isn't a patch on what it has been in previous years.

It isn't even close to rubbish. You've not seen any of those players play in your life, so how can you even suggest that?

And your first sentence is true to an extent but when you aren't playing to your strengths then don't expect to win matches. Even with that, they still have 23 points.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

It isn't even close to rubbish. You've not seen any of those players play in your life, so how can you even suggest that?

And your first sentence is true to an extent but when you aren't playing to your strengths then don't expect to win matches. Even with that, they still have 23 points.

You have seen them more than me but I have seen most of them play.

Football is judged by results, if your recent results are crap and your previous results are good people will say that they were better back then.

You just like arguing rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Toony said:

Football is judged by results, if your recent results are crap and your previous results are good people will say that they were better back then.

Ding Ding Ding.

4 minutes ago, Toony said:

And again, I will recap

They are playing awful football because their manager isn't playing them to their strengths.

How much of De Arrascaeta, Torreira, Sosa, and Sanchez have you seen? And answer me honestly. Those are all players who should be in the starting 11 and only Carlos Sanchez is in it. The results haven't been convincing but as I have repeated like a broken record, its because they aren't being played to their strengths and are playing tactics from English football in the 1970's.

And for the record, "they don't have players as good as they had before" that is just hilarious to suggest. 2010 was the best team according to many others, but 2006? Zalayeta isn't better than Suarez nor Cavani, Dario Rodriguez isn't as good as Godin and Carini isn't as good as Muslera.

If I'm going to recommend something to you before you suggest rubbish, especially against someone who knows South American teams, do your research and learn how to read other people's arguements. 

3 minutes ago, Toony said:

I give up.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Good that you gave up, because you were wrong.

Saying that the 2010 team on paper is better than this one is a matter of opinion, but saying that they aren't a good team on paper based on results shows that you don't watch much football and just like guessing on a certain team based on stats. Football is about making judgement.

Also, thanks for answering my question. My guess is you know more than me about De Arrascaeta, Torreira, Sosa and Sanchez. Even though you never exit the UK.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Good that you gave up, because you were wrong.

Saying that the 2010 team on paper is better than this one is a matter of opinion, but saying that they aren't a good team on paper based on results shows that you don't watch much football and just like guessing on a certain team based on stats. Football is about making judgement.

Shut it mate. You are a massive headache and way too damn sensitive. Man up, learn how to fucking listen to other people and not just assume they don't watch football because they believe this team isn't as talented as the next, and learn that IT'S ALL FUCKING OPINIONS.

Christ almighty man..

• The title was changed to Wednesday 7th June - Italy 3-0 Uruguay

Archived