talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sardar Azmoun to Join Leverkusen in Summer

I'll post the twitter link from that Fabrizio Romano dickhead when I'm able to... but until then... here's what he said:

Bayer Leverkusen willing to offer €18m - Roma want to pay a lower fee but offer a player (or players) in addition to a transfer fee. He's probably Zenit's best player, so I don't know whether they'd take the offer from Roma tbh. Also Azmoun working with Mourinho would either be great for him... or it's a match made in hell... so I think I prefer the idea of him going to Leverkusen.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a massive loss for Zenit. 

He's the best creator on Zenit, but I still think Dzyuba is the most valuable member, with Malcom and Azmoun right behind. 

Would LOVE to see him in Germany, although at Leverkusen would rather be a bit disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That's a decent step up for him to be fair.

Yeah, Zenit are probably one of the best teams in Russia (I think they're the reigning champions... and were before the last season) and his goal record with Zenit is seriously impressive... but there's no denying that the Bundesliga/Serie A are a big step up.

However, he'd be losing CL football if he joins either of these teams - so in that regard, it's a bit of a step down (although if Leverkusen or Roma made the CL, I could see either of them doing better than Zenit would tbh).

I want to see him move to a bigger league, but I do think there's a bit of a risk with him moving to a bigger league before a World Cup. Jahanbakhsh failed pretty miserably leaving Holland for England, and I'm not sure I want to see Iran's probable best player have similar types of struggles as they've got to still get through the last round of AFC qualification and (hopefully) will have a tournament at the end of the season. I'd much rather see him in good club form for Iran's qualifiers and (hopefully) eventual tournament.

But I'd get to see him play way more if he was in the Serie A or Bundesliga - so I would very much like to see him move. Just hope he does well at a new league because he's spent a lot of time in Russia and there could be some growing pains.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, Zenit are probably one of the best teams in Russia (I think they're the reigning champions... and were before the last season) and his goal record with Zenit is seriously impressive... but there's no denying that the Bundesliga/Serie A are a big step up.

However, he'd be losing CL football if he joins either of these teams - so in that regard, it's a bit of a step down (although if Leverkusen or Roma made the CL, I could see either of them doing better than Zenit would tbh).

I want to see him move to a bigger league, but I do think there's a bit of a risk with him moving to a bigger league before a World Cup. Jahanbakhsh failed pretty miserably leaving Holland for England, and I'm not sure I want to see Iran's probable best player have similar types of struggles as they've got to still get through the last round of AFC qualification and (hopefully) will have a tournament at the end of the season. I'd much rather see him in good club form for Iran's qualifiers and (hopefully) eventual tournament.

But I'd get to see him play way more if he was in the Serie A or Bundesliga - so I would very much like to see him move. Just hope he does well at a new league because he's spent a lot of time in Russia and there could be some growing pains.

Zenit are easily the best team, and have been for the past 5 years. 

16 hours ago, Eco said:

Zenit are easily the best team, and have been for the past 5 years. 

I figured that would be the case, because I know of 3 Russian teams: Zenit, CSKA Moscow and Spartak Moscow(?) - and I’ve only heard anything about Zenit over the last few years 😂

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I figured that would be the case, because I know of 3 Russian teams: Zenit, CSKA Moscow and Spartak Moscow(?) - and I’ve only heard anything about Zenit over the last few years 😂

Lokomotiv, Ruban and Krasnador are the other 'bigger' clubs in Russia over the past 10-20 years. My families team is now in the 3rd division so that sucks. There is some decent talent in Russia. 

I'm still surprised no one has snagged Jordan Larsson from Spartak. Quality player and considering who his Dad is, you'd think he'd be getting more press. 

• Subscriber

According to media reports, the deal is as good as done. Leverkusen have agreed personal terms with Azmoun, reportedly a 5 year contract with him earning 2.8m a year, and will pay Zenit a transfer fee of 14m + bonuses (total value 18m).

3 hours ago, nudge said:

According to media reports, the deal is as good as done. Leverkusen have agreed personal terms with Azmoun, reportedly a 5 year contract with him earning 2.8m a year, and will pay Zenit a transfer fee of 14m + bonuses (total value 18m).

My gloryhunter pick pays off!

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sardar Azmoun - Leaving Zenit for Lyon?
  • The title was changed to Sardar Azmoun - Deal to Lyon Collapses
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This move's also collapsed.

Personal terms were agreed, but a fee couldn't be agreed with Zenit :( 

We should swoop in late for him. 20m offer for a guy who has scored that many goals last season is decent business. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

We should swoop in late for him. 20m offer for a guy who has scored that many goals last season is decent business. 

I dunno if he's good enough for LFC (although I think he's probably Iran's best player... and I'd absolutely love us to have an Iranian) - but I definitely think it would be cool.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dunno if he's good enough for LFC (although I think he's probably Iran's best player... and I'd absolutely love us to have an Iranian) - but I definitely think it would be cool.

Better than Origi though, yes? 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sardar Azmoun to Join Leverkusen in Summer
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Impressive stats at Zenit. :o Are Leverkusen expecting Schick to leave?

Think he's a direct replacement for Alario, although it will probably be hard to keep Schick, too. Imagine Azmoun AND Schick upfront, with Wirtz behind them and Diaby on the wing...  

Archived