• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Former Slipknot Drummer Joey Jordison Dies Aged 46

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn - this sucks. 

Was never a massive fan of them, but always some of their music. 

Read he passed in his sleep, but you never sure who valid early news with this kind of thing. 

RIP Joey. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Damn - this sucks. 

Was never a massive fan of them, but always some of their music. 

Read he passed in his sleep, but you never sure who valid early news with this kind of thing. 

RIP Joey. 

He's been ill for years with some form of MS. Horrible disease.

RIP. Listened to them quite a bit in my teenage years.

Awful news - I loved Slipknot's first couple of albums... and they're probably a big part of the reason why I like metal so much tbh. And he was an absolutely immense drummer, I remember being surprised as fuck that they sacked him because imo he was by far the most talented member of the band.

Rest in Power Joey

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Wasn't aware, but you're right, that is an awful disease. 

Just now, nudge said:

I read he'd had some sort of recovery from the disease - he even finished a tour of Europe around the end of 2018 with his new band. So while he did lose use of his legs for a period of time (which has to be terrible for anyone, but if you're a drummer and you get joy from playing drums... that's a seriously debilitating illness) - but I guess I really don't know how his health was in the last 2-3 years. Gotta assume that, because he's passed away, it must not have been going well.

Although, I'm not gonna lie when I heard he died in his sleep at home in Iowa... I did think "shit, it might have been an opioid overdose" but that's just me making stereotypes about the US's midwest... and I completely forgot about his illness.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I read he'd had some sort of recovery from the disease - he even finished a tour of Europe around the end of 2018 with his new band. So while he did lose use of his legs for a period of time (which has to be terrible for anyone, but if you're a drummer and you get joy from playing drums... that's a seriously debilitating illness) - but I guess I really don't know how his health was in the last 2-3 years. Gotta assume that, because he's passed away, it must not have been going well.

Although, I'm not gonna lie when I heard he died in his sleep at home in Iowa... I did think "shit, it might have been an opioid overdose" but that's just me making stereotypes about the US's midwest... and I completely forgot about his illness.

Oh, I mean I don't know if it was the cause of his death, it could have been something completely different (and I admit I thought about drug overdose at first, too).

But the disease must have had a serious effect on his life, either way. My mum has MS and I hate it with passion.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh, I mean I don't know if it was the cause of his death, it could have been something completely different (and I admit I thought about drug overdose at first, too).

But the disease must have had a serious effect on his life, either way. My mum has MS and I hate it with passion.

Oh… I didn’t know that, I’m sorry to hear that. It’s a truly awful disease, I don’t know anyone with it but I also passionately hate it

• 2 weeks later...

A statement from one of his more recent bands (if not his current band), Sinsaenum, seems to indicate in recent months he was really struggling with his disease (which is now officially listed as his cause of death) - but the statement also says "Joey also had his demons, and nothing hurts more than knowing that we did everything in our power to help and couldn't get through to him" ... which makes it sound like he may have taken his own life.

I wonder if it's a bit like Robin Williams' situation where he couldn't come to grips with how his disease was changing the way he lived life, so he decided to end it rather than struggle? Or maybe they're just wrong.

Either way, it's very sad. Fuck MS (and related similar diseases).

Archived